User Tag List

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Predator Related LRP

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pred's shouldn't be making truces with Xeno's under any circumstances. Any pred found to be doing so will be brought forth and subsequently talked to, if not more.

Ignoring Xeno's on the other hand because they're to weak and not worthy of a hunt or the hive is to young is quite alright though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    since combat hugging was removed can xenos even infect a pred now? Only way I can think of is tackle spamming him and hoping some drone or a carrier is around.
    It's more or less impossible for xenos to facehug a pred now. You can't stun him for very long and he wont get knocked out.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to try and RP with marines, but between getting gibbed by SADARS or marines chasing me with stools acting stupid there's no point anymore.

Real predators RP with survivors instead.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is Predators rarely bring something enjoyable to the table for the majority of players. They're just mary sue esques who are barely held back by a elongated honor code.

Perhaps Predators simply don't work for the ss13 setting, at least in their current iteration.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Part of what makes predators so LRP is how players are told to handle them. Whenever players complain about preds killing a large number of players the response is always ''Don't attacked preds then''. This has led to the current player base being forced to not attack preds even when they are murdering your teammates because if you do, you will die.

Because of this preds walk around uncloaked which turns them from this mysterious figure to a background decoration that may kill you for kicks.

Pred SD is also super obnoxious, for xenos and marines. Even if you somehow work together well enough to bring down a pred they will just SD which crits marines, kills injured marines/xenos and low health xenos, even off screen.

I don't mind preds having SD, I just don't see why it punishes players for fighting preds, if you lose, you die, if you win, you and all your team die, it's shitty game design because it encourages players to avoid fighting preds at all costs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I miss when Predators did cool RP, like protecting a Survivor, making him wear or use tribal gear (fireaxe, uniform only) then challenge him to see if he's worthy, or making him fight a xeno to prove his worth as a warrior.

Shit like that made interactions with Predators fun. Now its just "avoid or your round will be ruined".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a marine I actively avoid interactions with predictors these days, I have nothing against pred plays but the fun just isn't there.

But for survivors, I think they can offer an interesting new dynamic to the round.

I think everyone agrees something could/should change for preds, my personal 2 cents is that outside of events I think there should be 3 preds max and that predators need an easier way of dealing with looted gear.

For the 2nd issue I think hell hounds should be reworked and made available without admin intervention to preds. All would come with remote detonation collars, and the pred would be able to act as overwatch for them so if one wasn't following the preds orders they can be instantly removed from the round. This way dchat could get back into rounds and people might even have more direct experience working with predators.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    I miss when Predators did cool RP, like protecting a Survivor, making him wear or use tribal gear (fireaxe, uniform only) then challenge him to see if he's worthy, or making him fight a xeno to prove his worth as a warrior.
    BeCaUse We ThEn GeT RePorTeD By XeNoS fOr InFlUeNciNg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SandersdeKFC View Post
    I think I like this description. The Predcode is essentially a grief code at this point.

What I'm getting from this is they should either be forced to actually play the game, or be removed.

Also, the fact that the other Preds show up to a round, and then go on a rampage if they're buddy get's ganged up on by Xenos is absurd. If he's dumb enough to get caught by a group of Xenos, then clearly he's a very poor hunter.

To fix Predators I think a number of game rules need to added that encourage roleplay within the context of the franchise.
    #1: Predator's objective should be to kill the Queen, the ultimate prize. This encourages Xenos v Pred conflict. The Xenos half to guard the Queen, and combat the Pred, the Pred has to get through the Xenos to get to the Queen.
    #2: Marines should be heavily benefited from capturing a Pred, or any Pred gear. This encourages Marine v Pred conflict. The Pred should avoid the marines, but fight them if he has to. The Marines should be actively trying to pursue the Pred for "research."
    #3: If a Pred is captured by either side, 1 other Predator is allowed to spawn and either save his fellow Predator, ensure that a Pred-Alien isn't spawned, or destroy his fellow's equipment. If that second Pred dies then GG, RIP. Get good Predators.
    #4: More than 1 Pred per round is OP bullshit.
    I highly agree with 1 and 2. Especially 1. That actually gives the preds a purpose.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    BeCaUse We ThEn GeT RePorTeD By XeNoS fOr InFlUeNciNg
    Pesky benos... But I have question: Survs are 100% part of marines? Aren't they like thrid party?
    Main game is benos vs marines, so what "InFlUeNciNg" is it when preds works with one of, or all survs?

If they are (and I don't know why), then make a rule that survs after "choosing" to join preds, then they can't directly help marines and it's all good.
    Currently, benos are not antags, they are another station fighting with "original" one. Preds are antags, survs could became one and it would be cool.

Cut the murderboing benos, I know that blood pressure raises a little harder in certain body part when you cuck a surv by upgrading acid, or ramming trough his cades as crusher, but those are players too and they are not for your enjoyment (like you don't want to be enjoyment for marines).