User Tag List

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Predator Related LRP

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm interested in the mindset of non preds now. We haven't really received any buffs since I got the whitelist, with marine weapons and explosion update, it's not hard to kill a pred these days.

But if you can come up with some non mechanical suggestions that we as the council can look into implementing, I'd be all for hearing you all out.
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a predator player, I stopped playing the role some time ago and I actually consider what Apophis wanted at the time he was here: Complete removal of the predator role

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by x31stOverlord View Post
    I'm interested in the mindset of non preds now. We haven't really received any buffs since I got the whitelist, with marine weapons and explosion update, it's not hard to kill a pred these days.

But if you can come up with some non mechanical suggestions that we as the council can look into implementing, I'd be all for hearing you all out.
    If I remember correctly they buffed the predators projectile resistance a couple of weeks ago and then nerfed marine weapons a couple of days ago because those buffs were for fighting mutators which were removed. So if I am correct predators are stronger than ever against marine weapons.

I think predators should be like antags in regular space station 13 in that they are given a mission at the start of the round to achieve and they dont just fuck with random people trying to goad them into getting killed. I also think there should never be more than 2 predators in a round, if it was up to me 1 would be the max.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be honest.

Predators really struggle to have an enjoyable role in the community. They don't really do anything other than derail the round, so both sides tend to ignore them.

Only way I can see them staying in is if we give them objectives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh I like them. They should be susceptible to melee KO simply because it's bullshit to fight them now (as shooting escalates to spikes and plasma and they can simply outrun any serious fireteams).

I think most people's problem with preds is either the OP instadeath nature of fighting them or just feeling left out of the sekrit club

I don't really see why people get so mad about them given that the instadeath inherent to preds isn't much different from the neurospam->hugger->kill->hide/gib corpse meta that xenos use.

However, I think the new meta-changes like hive-memory and DEFCON are the way to make people less upset that their space guy died though. I think the only issues now is that DEFCON respawns feel generic (which could be fixed by allowing the use of different characters, which unless somehow hardcoded to keep people from just spawning the same guy again would be another bunch of BS rules to enforce) and hive-memory feels too much like a reward for lack of ability and just ends up blocking people from upgrading past T1/T2 (which is another thing I think can be fixed with some sort of hardcoding that allows you and "evolution expressway" over those who used hive-memory to retain their T2 evo)

The sekrit club thing can be fixed by just allowing anyone to be a pred on weekends (or friday-sunday even) and either severely raising the pred round chances or just making every round a pred round on weekends. You would have a better chance of playing pred than you would have at playing TC when the tank was still in standard rounds. I feel like if everyone had a chance to be a pred without jumping through all sorts of hoops they wouldn't feel so upset that preds can go around instakilling guys without any aid from their team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing against preds both as marines and xenos sucks and appearently pred players also hate that everybody ignores or hates preds. And the thing is: it's true. What do preds add to the round? Either newbie players get slaughtered by them and the rest of the squad doesn't care because they're a newbie and that's it. On the other hand the robust or even anti-pred players just destroy preds. Just some Ice rounds ago the marines killed a pred just 1 minute after dropping and SDing, so now no side got anything from that fight.

And xeno vs pred fights are ridiculously boring. Usually preds are ignored untill marines are defeated and aliens are all T3s and preds are ganged and die within 3 minutes. Only recently are preds provoking aliens by removing weeds under xenos, removing defences or just straight out invading the hive. And you know how much that sets off the xeno players.

The intended RP for preds hasn't worked out for months now since even survivors are developing a disdain, so I don't see the reason why to keep preds or the way they are.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I started playing CM, I hated Preds so much. There are few posts on old forum with my salt about them, but the time passed and I became a bit "known" player and I got their perspective despite not playing them. Now I enjoy every pred round, because it gives nice RP opportunity and sometimes makes me feel badass.
    The funny thing is that pred obeying his rules is easier to kill than nearly any beno. My classic Pump Shotgun "Enlightened" filled with slugs never let me lose honor duel 1vs1 with pred. Few accurate shots aimed at chest and bones are breaking like matches.

Pred trying to RP with random name/not "well know" marine risks fast and cheap death, so I can understand some of their actions. I've seen countless examples of preds just chatting while some baldo rushes across the screen with cooked nade, or two shotguns to PB, or flamer. I don't want to die cheap, they also don't.

I still hate few things that preds usually do. The first thing is to walk around benos uncloaked, this is ridiculous. Xenos as "ultimate prey", death of one makes you a true hunter, yet every Young Blood pred is just casually walking around like they are strolling in the park. And that bullshit "Do not provoke headhunter!". This is raping Predator lore more than the newest entry. Weaponising autism is more belivelable than this.
    The second thing is being dick to survs. I'm still salty on preds during a round when I rolled surv and they teleported directly in my hideout, bodyblocking me when benos just slashed cades. They just laughed and let benos to capture me, centimeters away from them.
    The thrid thing are preds that won't examine you and only rely on medHUD. I'm splinted from head to toes, but on painkillers, playing violin outside, but near FOB and then pred uncloaks and just slashes me few times claiming that I was "perfectly healthy".

Defending preds against marines just because they exist is wrong, but can you blame humble players, when even high ranking staff member did that with little to no remorse?
    I did that once, in the same round where pred spared my live after putting me in crit during knife to fist duel. Even then, it was only spraying him with fire extinguisher, while he was chatting with synth and some marine decided that this is perfect time to flame, nothing more.

Beno mains are just salting, because they can't neuro spam preds, they can't easly pounce spam preds, they can't acid spray them for long, they can't combat nest him and they can't outrun him. This is why they are crying acid tears. Mere thought about having to work with other benos makes their blood to boil.
    "WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M NOT WAY MORE POWERFULL THAN THIS HOSTILE PLAYER IN TERMS OF STATS! UNACCEPTABLE!.

If preds would be removed, that would be yet another reason to not play CM anymore. Just after removing G1 synths from Almayer and bullshit 65% +/- 5% winrate.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidofmk771 View Post
    snip
    xeno hivememory was scrapped.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posting my honest opinion as a Predator.

Unlike most Pred players, I actually don't care/get upset if I was head koed/RPG'd/stooled or ganked by the entire hive. Why? Because at the end of the day, you're an antagonist. I dislike when marines/xenos simply watch from the sidelines as I tear apart their friends, or when a marine looks at me and go,
    "uh. helo colonist"

Hmm yes, the bulky blood-laced figure with a bunch of weapons is definitely a friendly colonist, and is in no way suspicious, or even a suspect in the colony's distress. I also dislike how, no matter how much you gimp yourself, a xeno will ignore you in a 1v1. I could pull out a ceremonial dagger on an Ancient Ravager, and it would run away without even attempting to fight.

Robust marines/pred hunting parties is, if anything, making your round more spicier. You're literally a hunter stabbing things for sport. Why are you getting upset that the opposing sides aren't just ignoring you, or trying to have a 'honorable 1v1', when you know full well the only way you'll lose a 1v1 cqc against a marine/the average xeno is if you literally suck. Robust marines, swarms, and pred-hunting parties are a challenge. It doesn't matter if you die as long as you SD, so that the other preds *cough me* don't have to go on gear recovery.

This isn't to say I don't have any gripes about the other Preds. I dislike when they lowkey choose a side to help, I dislike when they camp next to a drone/hivelord and constantly take down their sticky/weeds when it isn't even in their pathway, I dislike when they uncloak in front of a bazillion marines and start talking to other preds, as if the marines are just the background audience. You shouldn't be screwing over one side for no apparent reason (eg taking down resin/sticky that isn't in your way, making peace treaties when you're here to hunt both side, attacking survivors, spamming *laugh like it's funny, hunting baldies/mature t2s/t1s and then taking them as a trophy) - just to name a few.

I don't see a point in going 'hmmm too lazy to attempt to fix so let's just remove', either. Most of you talk about how preds add nothing to the round -- if they're adding nothing, why remove them? What is that going to change? They're already adding nothing, no? Imo it just seems like a lazy excuse to remove something you don't want to try to fix or deal with.

And Predators aren't unkillable. If you think they are, you haven't fought one seriously. No, pulling a gun on a Predator when you're meleeing it does not give it grounds to HPC you. An honor duel is not the same thing as a hunt. Two buckshots literally slow down a pred, 2-3 AP bursts will do the same. An above average Lurker can kill the average Pred, assuming the Pred doesn't abuse stuns in a 1v1. A lot of you make baseless assumptions without even knowing how Predator honor code/mechanics works.
    The fabled WEEB

Masamune 'Nippon' Sanada

Omen - 1st Generation Synthetic

Guan Dekna - The Shorty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never had positive interaction with a pred.

Best you can do is ignore and get ignored, unless you're playing xeno in which case you can randomly get selected to get killed.
    You either fuck them up with a single RPG shot or you have a high chance of dying to massive melee damage or plasma caster OR self destruct.
    There is no fun in interacting with them, you can only go out with no gains or lose something.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere