Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's the best sidearm? POLL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonset55 View Post
    .45 is incredibly strong
    Not enough ammo nor accuracy to be viable in any way. The same contrived situations that any pistol will do 'good' - e.g. an otherwise immobile xeno standing right next to you, like say, in the Alamo cockpit. Are when and where the .45 will be 'good'. But in any situation with freedom of movement and distance, you don't have enough ammo/damage output to actually kill anything.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    I take an m41 and a shotgun as my sidearm unless I cant have it for some reason (medic/engineer) then I just roll with only a shotgun. Pistols are gay.
    Pretty much my thoughts as well. I've had some success with the mod 88 but eh, shotty is more reliable.
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    M41A or shotgun as sidearm, depending on which one of those is the primary.

Actual sidearms are worthless against anything that is not a larva.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like to meme with a m4a3 as SL or pfc and pretend to be so busy doing somethign I dont have time for shooting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where's the Mastaba for us CO mains?

But yeah, Mod 88 is the only reliable pistol that's somewhat accessible. It can actually kill young aliens in 1v1 if you're quick on the draw.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mod 88 hands down. Besides just being a good looking gun, you can actually hold your own in HvH with it if you need to resort to a sidearm (I�ve never really found much use for it in HvX). I want the CL to get the sidearm holster back for their Mod 88. I�ve pretty much grown attached to the Mod 88 as XO/PO/CL.

I would say the Mateba for us elitist and exclusive CO mains but it�s not listed.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scsnv View Post
    Mod 88 hands down. Besides just being a good looking gun, you can actually hold your own in HvH with it if you need to resort to a sidearm (I�ve never really found much use for it in HvX). I want the CL to get the sidearm holster back for their Mod 88. I�ve pretty much grown attached to the Mod 88 as XO/PO/CL.

I would say the Mateba for us elitist and exclusive CO mains but it�s not listed.
    IO has the 88 Mod 4 now too, and I think the TC has it as well as the Scout and Sniper specs getting it. It's actually perhaps the most common sidearm in the game right now and Medics are willing to loot people they revive to get that gun.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FGRSentinel View Post
    IO has the 88 Mod 4 now too, and I think the TC has it as well as the Scout and Sniper specs getting it. It's actually perhaps the most common sidearm in the game right now and Medics are willing to loot people they revive to get that gun.
    That's true. I've done spec a total of one time, but I was aware the IOs/TCs had it too. Just neglected to mention them or whatever. I would say they're the most common roundstart guns, because they spawn on a lot of roles. They're definitely not too obtainable post-roundstart. But that's just stating the obvious.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, post-roundstart I think the only way to get more is to gamble on contraband crates if you can still hack Req or whatever.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .45 pistol aka. the M1911 since it without it the allies would of loss WW2

but in all seriousness the 88 mod 4 since you you get a 9mm pistol that uses AP rounds that can hold 18 in a mag is pretty useful.