Marine Name
    Simi Connors

Other Whitelist Applications
    N/A

Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Maximus

What is your Synthetic's Personality?
    Max uses words and phrases like "My condolences" and "He/she will be dearly missed" This is because when Max was being programmed and made, the creators wanted a more soothing and caring Synthetic as they want Marines to be felt at ease when wounded or being treated.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I want to be a Synthetic because when I was first introduced to Support roles in CM, I found that it was really fun to not only complete my duties but roleplay! And when I am playing CM I see most of the Synthetics get into wild and fun RP's while still completing their jobs to a standard level. I want to provide CM with a fun and immersive roleplaying Synthetic and one that will add spice to the gameplay.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
    I remember being a Nurse in a room with a Synthetic that was about to perform on a Marine. Before the Synth even connected the Marine to the table he started to shake, so the Synth told me to hit the button but at the time I did not know what he meant so I started clicking on random stuff which made the situation 10x funnier. Not only was I struggling to hit the button but the Synth was trying to calmly direct me towards it while a Marine is shaking violently next to it.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

This story is about the beginning of Max's day and how the Synthetic interacts with staff and High ranking officers.

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I know most of the procedures for an Engineer. I know how to Fix T-Comms and Power, I know how to build and repair an APC, I know how to build an FOB and fix everything in it and I know what each of the tools and equipment does and the situation you use it in.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I do not play Command a lot but I know all of the callsigns, callouts, the way to lead, how to lead, the way to receive and give orders, when OB is best used and other ornaments.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I am very familiar with medical as that is what I do most when playing CM. I usually play CMO, Doctor, Researcher or Corpsman.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I do not play much of Req but I know the basics like where everything is, the best way to spend money, who is allowed what and what everything is called.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    1. I am trying to drag away a Marine that is in Critical state. While I am dragging it a warrior tries to attack me and the Marine. I draw out my weapon (Which is melee) and begin to attack it until it is either in a critical state or runs away.

2. I am performing surgery on a Marines broken arm. A runner somehow got into the FOB and begins attacking my patient. I attack it until it is either in a critical state or retreats to a reasonable range.

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Discord Ban Reason
    -

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    N/A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd strongly suggest withdrawing and going to whitelist app help in discord for improvements. The glaring issues are-

1: The personality/quirk is somewhere between boring and non-existent, and from my subjective view comes across as somehow both pedantic and patronizing in the story.

2: The story is a bit on the short side, and self-inserting your marine character further draws focus away from the synthetic character, and also has demonstrated a potential misunderstanding. Synthetics are expected to be highly intelligent and possess initiative and forward thought, which distinguishes them from robots. Their individuality and personality further distinguish them from entities like Working Joes. As observed in the story, the severity of unobtrusiveness in the proposed personality has robbed the synthetic of individuality by rendering them as a background blank slate who only takes orders or is overly concerned about what would be expected as common sense.

3: Try to branch out your combat questions. You've essentially done the easy copy-paste answers everyone knows. What if marines are screaming for a mortar and there's nobody with engineer skill at FOB but you? What if you're snatching a marine back from a warrior at the front and a praetorian starts attacking you? What if you're evacuating the planet and xenos board the shuttle heading up, attacking you and the few surviving marines?

4: You seem to be either new or unnoticed. Using the whitelist app help channel will get you visibility which aids in getting vouches. The experience section of the application really is just if you're confident, but vouches from current WL holders are required for acceptance, and apps like this that come out of the blue leaving us asking, "who?" because unless you are a notorious player, we just can't remember everyone we see in every role at all times.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I echo katskan. I cannot remember ever seeing you in game, your personality is boring (and barely even a personality), you self-inserted your marine character into the story, and have poor quality combat questions. Large -1 and I suggest withdrawing this application.
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Denied.