User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rank idea

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by themaskedman2 View Post
    It�d be neat if you got a medal if you could like, unlock a loadout option for new rounds to carry it over. pbviously not for the same thing but let�s say you got a distinguished medal, you now can start with - �Worn Distinguished Medal� - Evidence of a past deed, the words on it have faded, adressed to �[Name]�
    It�s a cool idea but everyone on the ship would be walking around with a Medal of Exceptional Heroism, because most people will get one at some point in their CM career - or at least a medal. So everyone�ll just walk around with medals on their chest. Not an issue per se, probably not great for RP though.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The medal idea isn't bad in terms of concept but eh... Anyone can get a medal for anything, it really depends of the CO. Some robusto have a medal collection pretty incredible too and that would be ridiculous...
    The French Madmen: Capitaine Renaud 'Sierra' Chatillon

Almaric, the history teacher synthetic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    should be achievements according to the role, and a limited amount. The harder the role the harder the achievement is.

Every achievement comes with a custom loadout.

Example, �This is a worn-out M3 pattern marine helmet� ... this helmet have seen a lot of action and has taken a lot of damage.

Earned by completing the achievement, �Ultimate badass� (Survive an entire round without dying once)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be nice to have more fluff there for the old timers.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckenshutze View Post
    should be achievements according to the role, and a limited amount. The harder the role the harder the achievement is.

Every achievement comes with a custom loadout.

Example, �This is a worn-out M3 pattern marine helmet� ... this helmet have seen a lot of action and has taken a lot of damage.

Earned by completing the achievement, �Ultimate badass� (Survive an entire round without dying once)
    Far too easy to skirt around this. Problem is this is a game centered around RP and isn't linear/set with certain guidelines and structures on how to achieve things. Marine finds a way to avoid deployment, or they get FOB duty and they survive the entire OP on the FOB. If it's a kills achievement, it's not too hard to nab a few kills (even if it means hitting a few of your buddies) or metarushing and robusting the hive. It's probably just too game-y for CM. Still a cool idea, but I don't see it working out very well.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not usually into the idea, but additional levels of IC ranks within a role symbolizing and based on their playtime is � interesting and somewhat appealing.

As for medals. It'd be interesting to include some persistency or recognition but I don't think it has a place, if only because it can be A. Easy to accumulate and B. Probably hard implementation and C. Ruins the whole every round is a new, separate group and situation that doesn't go down a linear timeline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or maybe just add stats

Something as simple as kills/deaths, which Ckey got the most kills and who was the first to die. Pops at every round end and resets as soon a new round begins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckenshutze View Post
    Or maybe just add stats

Something as simple as kills/deaths, which Ckey got the most kills and who was the first to die. Pops at every round end and resets as soon a new round begins
    Most amount of FRIENDLY FIRE