User Tag List

View Poll Results: What should be done about HEFA?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remove it

18 34.62%
  • Balance it

15 28.85%
  • Nothing

19 36.54%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hefa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidofmk771 View Post
    My logic is that I just don't see these horrible HEFA incidents anymore, at least not before the DS crash. Ilike the things and they can be useful, they just need to be less plentiful lest marines get tempted to start using them recklessly since they're so rarely used to begin with.

Just make the boxes carry far less, maybe even over half. They are specialty nades, not exactly something for general use, they're explicitly anti-personnel.

(also maybe make small incend nade boxes too)
    Are you not on the front lines or something? I see this shit happen daily so I have no idea where you are if you don't see this happen frequently.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Severely Artistic View Post
    Are you not on the front lines or something? I see this shit happen daily so I have no idea where you are if you don't see this happen frequently.
    Yeah I have to agree. As someone who mains pfc i see hefa ff pretty much every round, usually at the worst time possible too. What kills me are marines that throw them BEHIND cades. I'm convinced it's griefing or newer people, and I would be behind it's removal. If you see me in req don't ask for hefa, you will be denied.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think HEFA is a great speciality nade, people just don't use it correctly.

The problem is, people don't use HEFA as intended - in tight spaces and corners. If people threw them around cave corners, for example, you could easily clear out a path with minimal FF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been FF'd more by Buckshot than i have been with HEFA. I seen more FF logs by shotguns than i do see with HEFA or any other weapon. Learn to use it correctly, but then again, most players have trouble using alot of things correctly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cry of Wolves View Post
    I've been FF'd more by Buckshot than i have been with HEFA. I seen more FF logs by shotguns than i do see with HEFA or any other weapon. Learn to use it correctly, but then again, most players have trouble using alot of things correctly.
    Don't doubt you and yes bs has outright killed me before, but I prefer the opportunity costs since it wrecks offensively. Personal salt definitely applies here lol
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cry of Wolves View Post
    Here's the problem here:

Buckshot is ACTUALLY useful and GOOD. HEFA has garbage stats and causes far more damage to marines than it ever could to xenos.

FF is inevitable and marines have their ways of doing it, but HEFA has so many negatives and abilities to grief that there's no point in it existing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the worst part of HEFA is how far the shrapnel goes. It if stopped a few tiles out like buckshot it probably wouldn't have as much FF potential. I just don't see much terrible HEFA FF because they fixed how IB and organ damage accumulate, so you don't have to worry about a single far flung shrapnel sending you to surgery. I don't know if they did that for bones too, but they should.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidofmk771 View Post
    I think the worst part of HEFA is how far the shrapnel goes. It if stopped a few tiles out like buckshot it probably wouldn't have as much FF potential. I just don't see much terrible HEFA FF because they fixed how IB and organ damage accumulate, so you don't have to worry about a single far flung shrapnel sending you to surgery. I don't know if they did that for bones too, but they should.
    But if you look at it another way, that's also the best part of HEFA. Having a large radius grenade acts much better as an AOE "GTFO" attack than a normal nade with a four tile range, and makes it so much better for clearing rooms and tight areas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is: it basically just tickles xenos. It doesn't stun and I've seen a young drone only lose about 60% of its health to one that went off on the same tile. So, it doesn't make smart xenos run away, they just tank it. Meanwhile, a marine 7 tiles away breaks a bone.

If it's gonna be usable the damage to xenos has to go up and the radius has to go down at least 2 tiles just for the sake of sanity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love HEFA.