User Tag List

View Poll Results: What should be done about HEFA?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remove it

18 34.62%
  • Balance it

15 28.85%
  • Nothing

19 36.54%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hefa

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JebTheSchofield View Post
    I love HEFA.
    Welcome to the forums mate, this post made me chuckle
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cry of Wolves View Post
    I've been FF'd more by Buckshot than i have been with HEFA. I seen more FF logs by shotguns than i do see with HEFA or any other weapon. Learn to use it correctly, but then again, most players have trouble using alot of things correctly.
    "Oh hey there wolf" *boom* "Oh sorry, HEFA was thrown near you, just a missing head, put it back on."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBluez View Post
    "Oh hey there wolf" *boom* "Oh sorry, HEFA was thrown near you, just a missing head, put it back on."
    jokes on you, i mastered the duck maneuver so HEFA never harms me.

Tl;dr git gud

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cry of Wolves View Post
    jokes on you, i mastered the duck maneuver so HEFA never harms me.

Tl;dr git gud
    Gotta bind rest to a macro eh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HEFA is pretty garbage in an actual fight. Needs more skill than the average marine has to use in non-detrimental way.

That being said, it can be quite decent weapon when used properly, but as mentioned before, not for kills, more for area denial and forcing xenos to move.

I would say give marine armor slightly better protection against the damn thing to make mass crippling FF less likely.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel the salt over hefa comes not necesarilly from the amout off ff logs it generates, but its effect on the flow of the round. Hefa ff usually ruins pushes by taking out the vanguard, and ruins cade sieges by taking out of combat the first line of defence. Its still fun as fuck for dead chat, so im against removing it, but some balance could be helpfull. Is there a chance for nades not to be stopped by xenos or marines? After all i doubt marines throw them in a straight line instead of over everyones head. Maybe reduce the throwing distance but allow it to go through units?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why does everything have to be balance around HvX? Cant it just be something thats better for HvH? Not like you are forced to take it.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    why does everything have to be balance around HvX? Cant it just be something thats better for HvH? Not like you are forced to take it.
    It's more about baldies/griefers taking and using this. Any PFC can buy atleast three from his vendor.
    HvH have more use for it, since any damage counts on "human mobs", but restricting this basic weapon to only one mode that isn't even "official"? We (apparently) don't do that here.
    Add proper HvH that doesn't have to be babysited by admin and it's another perfect solution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    I feel a good compromise for HEFA then would be to remove it from normal rounds and allow it to be used during HvH.

Quote Originally Posted by Naeght View Post
    I feel the salt over hefa comes not necesarilly from the amout off ff logs it generates, but its effect on the flow of the round. Hefa ff usually ruins pushes by taking out the vanguard, and ruins cade sieges by taking out of combat the first line of defence. Its still fun as fuck for dead chat, so im against removing it, but some balance could be helpfull. Is there a chance for nades not to be stopped by xenos or marines? After all i doubt marines throw them in a straight line instead of over everyones head. Maybe reduce the throwing distance but allow it to go through units?
    Reducing throwing distance but allowing it to go through units make no sense. The shrapnel would still hit marines at the cades then due to the reduced throwing distance.

Also, as said by CABAL:

Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    It's more about baldies/griefers taking and using this. Any PFC can buy atleast three from his vendor.
    Salt is generated because a marine who was playing the game for an extended period of time, trying to have fun, has his round ruined by a grenade thrown by someone who is either bald or is griefing. The issue is this is all IC though and would result in no consequences occurring, leaving a player dissatisfied with the gameplay. The game's supposed to be fun, not a waste of time. There's no point in leaving in HEFA if all that it's good for is ruining the round for other players.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One time as a Staff Officer, we were backed into the CIC. All I had was my rifle, and a belt full of HEFAs. Singlehandedly managed to keep the xenos at bay in the CIC lobby, and pushed them all back to a Marine Major. Definitely the only good moment I've had with them