Your Byond ID?
    LittleBlast

Your Character Name?
    Kennard 'Trap' Davis

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Unsure

Accused Character Name
    Rex Texas, Grady Molina

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    ~9:00 EST

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 15, Rule 3

Description of the incident:
    Rule 15: MPs Must Follow marine law at all times
    Rule 3: No Griefing, Soft Griefing in this case

These Two MPs were running around in active Combat zones, throwing tear gas and stunning marines who were actively fighting aliens.

In My particular case, I saw my aSL (Pyro Spec) Being attacked by a Ravager/Spitter (Cant remember which), so I moved a bit out of the FOB to assist him and make sure he didn't die. As I was walking out and started firing at the Aliens I was stunned and attempted to be arrested all while on the front lines.

Later in the same round, I was defending the FOB again when Rex Texas threw Tear Gas on the front lines (Something I KNOW I have seen MPs been punished for in the past). I make a remark about it and he proceeds to stun me down and arrest me, Only not succeeding when he collapsed due to his wounds.

Further later into the round, I was once again arrested after trying to Evac after being hit by a Claymore while dragging an alien back to the FoB For Intel Points. I was charged by the CMP (Grady) For attempted murder, which they then changed to assault with a Deadly Weapon due to me saying something along the lines of 'If you keep running out onto the front lines and tazing people you are gonna get shot' I was then put into one of the Isolation Cells with the shutters closed once I was brought back to the Almayer.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Logs will show some of it, Didn't take Screenshots at the time.

I'm sure others will come out about this round as well.

Edit: This Previous Ruling regarding the Tear Gas, Similar Situation https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.ph...ar+Gas#p233159

How you would punish the accused:
    MP Ban or at least a Warning. This is not the First time Rex Texas has used the MP Role to soft grief players. And for Grady I am not sure about their history.
    Last edited by LittleBlast; 03-05-2019 at 02:53 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was Sven Gustav, Delta Engineer, this round.

I witnessed MP's in riot gear throwing tear gas nades in active combat at the West Medical area, where Chemistry is. While its understandable WHY they did it (people weren't following orders not to push and we were told to wait for XO at LZ-1), throwing tear gas nades at marines who are actively engaging xeno morphs aint really kosher and breaks Marine Law as your not supposed to engage marines who are fighting hostiles.

This kinda brings up an issue, however. The marines being gassed were directly disobeying orders, but due to the way marine law is structured, MP's can't do anything or else they are breaking marine law. So the MP's in question did wrong, but at the same time, makes enforcement of the CPT's direct orders much more difficult.

I don't like what they did, but again, they had reason; it wasn't just random gas bombings for fun.

Mentor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    I was Sven Gustav, Delta Engineer, this round.

I witnessed MP's in riot gear throwing tear gas nades in active combat at the West Medical area, where Chemistry is. While its understandable WHY they did it (people weren't following orders not to push and we were told to wait for XO at LZ-1), throwing tear gas nades at marines who are actively engaging xeno morphs aint really kosher and breaks Marine Law as your not supposed to engage marines who are fighting hostiles.

This kinda brings up an issue, however. The marines being gassed were directly disobeying orders, but due to the way marine law is structured, MP's can't do anything or else they are breaking marine law. So the MP's in question did wrong, but at the same time, makes enforcement of the CPT's direct orders much more difficult.

I don't like what they did, but again, they had reason; it wasn't just random gas bombings for fun.
    From the Marine Law Arrest Procedures on the Wiki:

Arrests are restricted to the FOB, dropships, and secure areas unless in "hot pursuit" - the suspect flees the MP outside the secure area. Should there be hostiles in the vicinity, the MP is required to abort the arrest and move to a secure area. If the Almayer gets boarded by a hostile force, secure areas will be those defended by ship crew.

So Yes, while they were following the CPT's direct orders they were breaking Marine law in the way they did it.
    Kennard Davis
    -Captain
    -Medic
    -Trap
    -Spec
    -Retired from the Game, just a Forum Lurker now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rex here. Spoke with an admin at the time who was chasing up these reports. Carson ordered MPs to FOB to keep marines behind barricades on pain of arrest. I arrested two total marines, one of which was already a wanted marine for attempted murder. The other refused to charge like the captain ordered later on. I was one-handed almost as soon as I touched the ground, so I was pretty limited in arresting people. Tear gas was used on forward areas to keep marines back, but I certainly never directly gassed a marine myself. Most of the conversation with the admin was me clearing up either falsely attributed reports or stretched truths, like always happens with anti-MP hype.

Kennard, your very specific wanted warrant was for "attempted murder of Sven". That's what I was chasing you down for. Nothing else. Everyone was behind SOME barricade of one sort of another, so I wasn't hunting down people to arrest. I only arrested two total, one which was actually a following up of the captain's orders.
    Last edited by Musely; 03-05-2019 at 03:46 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just for the record I handled an ahelp reported by Sargash/Senior mod. It had to do with Rex Texas/Musley arresting a charlie medic who was treating another marine/420MYK. The claim was the MP Rex caused the marine to die by arresting a charlie medic, but when I spoke with 420MYK they said it wasn't the fault of the MP and an alpha medic had revived them.

As far as I know this round became chaos because of MP actions involving an order by the Captain of the round Fitchace/Bill Carson for telling MPs they needed to force marines out of the FOB to attack.

There were other ahelps and I believed that Moderator Retrokin had investigated one as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm pulling the logs for this now.
    Audrey Aulin, found (drinking tea) in various roles

Evelyn, the ever-helpful synth

Member of the CO Council. Feel free to PM me here or on the Discord @Retrokinesis#8332 with any CO-related matters.

Former Moderator, Mapper, Official Space Carp Developer, and Lead Burrower Apologist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I play Jason Hakim/Tyumi, and I'm posting as a character witness to a round I've had with Rex Texas on March 1st, ~8pm CST. I didn't post a report because I was really hoping to give the benefit of the doubt, and I spoke with Senior Moderator Frans_Feiffer on this issue via adminhelp, and through DMs on Discord after the round.

I latejoin the round, gear up, see Rex harassing some guy and I hug him while running by. He pulls out taser and baton, and tases me. He drags me into security, strips me, says "Adding resisting arrest" and nothing else. I ask if I could get an appeal, he said sure, I sit around and wait, asking another MP for help who proceeds to say "no." Rex eventually comes back, says "Chief is busy right now" so I was never able to get an appeal, and by this time the dropship was crashing.

During my adminhelps, Frans_Feiffer said to me the excuse for arresting me without stating the reason was "I was already set to arrest" presumably by an LT. Had the dropship not crashed, I feel I probably would have languished in the cell for seemingly no reason, no roleplay to determine "What is this person set to arrest for?" or anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah would like logs of all of what Soluble said, his version reeks of bullshit as to that specific situation, although that's quite a great many rounds ago. I'm not going to taser and arrest someone for hugging me. That's stupid. You're either misremembering or flat-out lying. Guarantee what happened was he was set to arrest by LT for insub, which surprisingly, gets you arrested, or you tried dragging someone else I was arresting away, which gets you arrested.

Vaguely remember that, and you're totally misrepresenting, which is unfortunate.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:

CO orders marines to remain in the FOB:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP ahelps about deploying:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP at the FOB, encounters Kennard Davis:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

In between this and the following encounter, the CMP is bwoinked:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Kennard threatens the CMP and is set to arrest:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Rex is close enough to engage the same ravager, presumably with a recovered rifle:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Simultaneously, the CMP is hit by FF and xenos:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Two ahelps are sent at the same time regarding tear gas:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Another command announcement is issued during this:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Kennard is arrested by the CMP and Rex
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Command announcement ordering MPs to keep people at the FOB:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Kennard is in Rex's custody near LZ1. He escapes when Rex collapses from pain:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The MPs attempts to force marines out of the FOB now:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The CMP is bwoinked again:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

More FOB:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Kennard trips a landmine and is arrested by the CMP:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Three distinct ahelp chains begin at this point.
    The first:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The second:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

And the third:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Audrey Aulin, found (drinking tea) in various roles

Evelyn, the ever-helpful synth

Member of the CO Council. Feel free to PM me here or on the Discord @Retrokinesis#8332 with any CO-related matters.

Former Moderator, Mapper, Official Space Carp Developer, and Lead Burrower Apologist.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in the round and playing as I saw what happened. I was the XO I believe on Big red. He wanted marines to hold down at the FOB and wait for me to go out and counter attack. He ordered them to push the moment I landed and I gathered as many marines as I could. Now don't have much else to say as I don't entirely think Carson is to blame here for his order. He thought marines were dying outside the cades and wanted them to regroup inside the FOB. Its acceptable for a Commanding Officer by the rights of Marine Law to order marines to regroup and wait as long as its a reasonable order.

As for the MP's I only came down late in the Op to see Rex and the CMP dragging prisoners to the south of the Alamo when I get off, I was not as informed but I did see them grabbing Kennard.