User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unsure - Rule 15, Rule 3

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This round woulda been funny if not so sad. As LLJK had said i was wounded on the field, i managed to get treated by medics but had IB in my head, when i got to FOB i was reading 100 but within about 3 steps starting the first IB crash of the situation, manage to flag down a medic get some more QC including a pill for later coz alamo was taking ages making runs. While im waiting the MPs both are patrolling around threatning to arrest basically anyone who wasnt crit or cryo bagged. As im waiting for alamo abit longer my second bout of IB crash sets in and as im about to pop my spare QC another medic pills me first before being pushed out of hangar by threats of arrest. Cue another couple minutes waiting and the alamo finally arrives. I manage to walk on and get seated near one of the wall first aid boxs so i can PK myself as IB pain is starting to set in again at which time i also pop my QC pill. At this point the MP is placing the medic under arrest while they were moving people on board and tending to wounded on the alamo. Medic gets cuffed at which point alice snaps and has had enough of the BS, i unbuckle at 100% and with my first step instantly go into brown health, second step im crit and a couple tiks later im white screening. (I add this part to show that chances are whether tex had arrested the medic or not chances are i was dead. I know once QC stops having an effect you NEED surgery and stabilizing properly.) Though at this point through death i see the alamo preparing to get off and the medic still cuffed in the dropseat.

Luckily just before the alamo took off another medic saw me die and jumped on the alamo treating me/bagging me. Something that wouldnt have happened when it could have if the second medic hadnt come along and jumped on themselves.

All in all after speaking with the CO during the round in regards to it all (before i was directly involved) and my direct interactions with it all i personally believe That they misinterpreted an order and followed it over zealously to the point where it was disrupting marine functionality. I dont believe it was done maliciously or in grief, but it was frustrating from an IC and OOC standpoint.
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolubleWhenWet View Post
    Hi, I play Jason Hakim/Tyumi, and I'm posting as a character witness to a round I've had with Rex Texas on March 1st, ~8pm CST. I didn't post a report because I was really hoping to give the benefit of the doubt, and I spoke with Senior Moderator Frans_Feiffer on this issue via adminhelp, and through DMs on Discord after the round.

I latejoin the round, gear up, see Rex harassing some guy and I hug him while running by. He pulls out taser and baton, and tases me. He drags me into security, strips me, says "Adding resisting arrest" and nothing else. I ask if I could get an appeal, he said sure, I sit around and wait, asking another MP for help who proceeds to say "no." Rex eventually comes back, says "Chief is busy right now" so I was never able to get an appeal, and by this time the dropship was crashing.

During my adminhelps, Frans_Feiffer said to me the excuse for arresting me without stating the reason was "I was already set to arrest" presumably by an LT. Had the dropship not crashed, I feel I probably would have languished in the cell for seemingly no reason, no roleplay to determine "What is this person set to arrest for?" or anything.
    Hello, Frans_Feiffer here. I went ahead and pulled the logs of this particular incident SolubleWhenWet descibed -

Here is the first half, where Soluble was arrested
    Spoiler Spoiler:

And here's the second, where he ahelped and I talked to the two individuals.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Had the round not ended, we would have continued to talk about the incident ingame. We briefly talked about the situation in PMs on discord, where Soluble brought up his issues with the situation, and I asked him to keep an eye on Rex if any other issues popped up between the two.

Other then that though, here are the logs. Hopefully they clear up some misconceptions and help to add some insight on the report as necessary.

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Pred App that is now null lol
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatillon View Post
    I would like to go a bit deeper in this Idea. To any mod reading this, feel free to delete my message if you feel that it doesn't have its place here.

Rex is from my personal opinion a power tripping MP nad I'll use two exemples to explain my point:

- Early in a round, I was a Delta PFC and tried to reach Medbay to get some medflasks. Rex was manning the checkpoint and opened it as I presented myself. So I passed it, with one of my medics and got into medbay. I just heard the checkpoint closing behind me and saw Rex Texas running behind us in the hallway. As I was in medbay, I requested the Researcher, Francais King some medflask when Rex just came him, flashing me down on the ground, cuffing me and arresting me for 30 minutes of Brig time for Trespassing. I tried to explain him why I was there (OOC and IC), and that I did not understand, as he did not said anything that the checkpoint opening was only for the medic and that moreover I was a PFC medic as I got the Medic Kit. I had no answers whatsoever, no chance to appeal my sentence and had to pass 30 minutes in the brig. I do not say that anything was out of the rules, just that this was really just being a dick and powertrip against another player to brig him 30 minutes for a misunderstanding.
    I've had a few rounds where I've had to do this. This is specifically where the CO tells the MPs not to allow anyone who is non-medic/SL/civ to pass through checkpoints to get to medbay. Not my problem, I just need to follow orders. Usually I stun them if they don't walk back of their own volition and toss them on the other side of the CP. If they keep trying to run, I'll stun and arrest for a minor crime, 5-10 mins. Again, you are saying I arrested you for 30 mins for trespassing. That sounds like bullshit. I don't do that. It's not possible to do that under marine law. Like Soluble, you are exaggerating, omitting or misrepresenting to fit an agenda. That's unfortunate and the reason why I have to bother with threads like these.

Quote Originally Posted by FGRSentinel View Post
    Sadly, I have to post as a character witness to the contrary, at least regarding Rex's actions. I remember that even when I first started playing Rex was already building this kind of reputation for being "aggressive" in his enforcement of Marine Law, but I remember it coming to a head during what I call the "Shotgun Mutiny" round. I remember that Rex Texas got a lot of flak during the report on that round from myself and a number of others and I think it led to a job ban. Before 420M.Y.K's testimony here I was considering bringing this up because it was over and done with, but honestly I feel it needs to be brought back up, even if my own interactions with Rex made it seem like he's at least calmed down since then.

I'm sorry if me posting this isn't a good call, but I just felt it needed to be said. From my experience, Rex is someone that prefers almost malicious compliance to Marine Law and Command's orders, sometimes enforcing them even when doing so is detrimental to the Marines as a whole.
    I wasn't banned for the shotgun mutiny. I was banned for an accumulation of notes over a short period of time. That was the reason stated in the shotgun mutiny thread. Bear in mind, I was the only one to receive any reprecussion for that fiasco doing what every other MP was doing and following CO orders. Take that as you will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop posting your opinions of players. If you witnessed the events of this report and have something to add then post your statement. Otherwise, refrain from commenting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright. So this one is a little bit tricky but I am going to be breaking it down.

When Carson ordered you to keep the marines in the FOB it was a valid order at the time. However I believed that the actions taken were not the actions that a reasonable MP would take, and that the order became invalid very shortly after issued due to the proximity of the Xeno force. I think this is best show in these two lines.
    [19:33:56]ATTACK: Kennard 'Trap' Davis (littleblast) shot the Elder Ravager (461) (sverd) with a rifle bullet in the Hospital
    [19:33:56]ATTACK: Grady Molina (slduggy) shot Kennard 'Trap' Davis (littleblast) with a taser bolt in the Hospital
    No matter the order an MP would, and should not, tase someone in the middle of fighting a hostile force. This is further supported by Marine Law. "Should there be hostiles in the vicinity, the MP is required to abort the arrest and move to a secure area."

It is fine to try to keep Marines in the FOB. But the moment Hostiles start to approach the FOB, it becomes and unsafe area and the order is thrown out the window in the best interests of safety.

Teargassing the marines while the area is under attack is the same. Hostile forces are in the area, do not take any measures that would harm your own side. The only thing you are doing is attacking your own force.
    Something similar applies to teargassing them to get them to move out of the FOB. This is not WWII Russia. This is not the Warhammer 40k Universe. You do not injure your own in order to get them to go where you want them to be.

The charge of attempted murder on Kennard 'Trap' Davis was false. Assault, yes. Attempted murder no. It could have been a legitimate accident. But with everything else going around at the time, and the fact that you only reneged on the charge when you were bwoinked by an admin, I am inclined to believe it was not.

In summary I believe both MPs went too far and were too zealous in the enforcing of an order made by the Captain. As both MPs have notes relating to MP issues. Both players in question will receive MP and CMP bans.