User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Attachies: Your Prefered Combos

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Underbarrel Flashlight is better than the armor light but worse than the rail light. But it also slightly improves your accuracy.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBlast View Post
    I'd like to point out that the Underbarrel Flashlight also exists and as a RO main I have had a single person ever ask for it. I'd assume it's the exact same thing just on the underbarrel instead.
    Maybe it's just me, but I think there are more UB attachments I would rather use compared to rail attachments on most weapons. I'll use standard loadout M41/shotty as an example, but obviously this is just my opinion.

VG/AG are both great on the M41, and AG is really the best UB attachy for shotty. For M41; Masterkey, UGL, laser sight, and BFA all have their roles. Some people also swear by the gyro for shotty. All others not worth it (so mini flamer and bipod) or impossible to use.

In comparison, RDS and reflex sight are both good on M41 (mag harness on m41 is a waste IMO). Mag harness on shotty all day. All others either are not worth it (so both telescopic scopes), or impossible to use (more in this category than UB).

I'd prefer the rail light on either the M41 or shotty. Preferred builds just using rail/UB attachies as examples:

1.) Shotty primary with harness and agrip. M41 back up with rail light and mostly AG/VG but sometimes UGL
    2. M41 as primary with RDS and VG. Shotty back up with rail light and AG
    Last edited by SirMandrake; 03-26-2019 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Grammar
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One M41A combo I aim for as a Spec is to use a RDS + A Grip + BC, maybe a Stock if I can get one. This serves as a strong burst fire weapon for most spec kits.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PFC loadout:

Suit slot --> rail flash + bayo + gyro shootie with buckshot
    Back --> M41 + BC + VG + RDS

PFC loadout 2:
    Suit slot --> rail flash + bayo + gyro shootie with slug
    Back --> M37 scabbard with gyro + BC + RDS shootie with buckshot

Those are my most used loadouts as PFC
    The French Madmen: Capitaine Renaud 'Sierra' Chatillon

Almaric, the history teacher synthetic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Angled grip for pulse rifle and shotgun. Especially shotgun.

Negligible downsides, especially considering its main function to lessen the time spent in a state where said downsides matter.

I don't need anything else to cuck over runners and lurkers.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for me its.

HPR = RDS/Magharness + Vgrip
    Mk1 Pulse rifle = RDS and maybe a Master key if i feel like it

i roll with the HPR and Mk1 cause i like throwing alot rounds down range with having to reload alot. might be a bad attachments for the weapons and loadout but it works for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attachment meta is stale and full of noob traps.

Devs are scared to change the meta because they think it will upset balance. But here, I'll blow your mind with one simple trick that will change CM for the better: Add a 'side rail' mounting point for flashlights and laser sights. Boom, mind blown. But on the real this blows open the world of personalized attachments and actually gives PFCs meaningful decisions to make on their loadouts.

Here I'll throw out a couple other freebies: Add another attach point, called the trigger assembly, and attach the quickfire adapter and burst fire adapter to it. Default all M4s with the sliding stock they're supposed to already have. Let masterkeys fire all types of shotgun ammo, not just buckshot. Let M4s use quickfire adapters again so you can make mini-SAWs out of them with a bipod.

I could go on. Point is, the vast majority of attachments are useless by design.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do think we need some form of a rework, and new attachments In general

Godspeed Dinkle you magnificent bastard o7.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think we need more attachment points: unless it comes with a lot of new attachments it would actually reduce variety because certain points would always have the same attachments simply because there isn't enough to choose from. E.g. an attachment for rail light and RDS would just always be fitted with rail light, whereas at the moment there's enough useful rail attachments that makes you think a bit. Yes yes we like to extole how rail light is the best attachment yadda yadda, but I think the answer there is to add more light attachments (i.e. a muzzle light, and also unbug underbarrel light if it isn't unbugged yet).

Overall I actually think the current attachment lineup is reasonable. Underbarrel weapons are a bit eh, and muzzle attachments are lacking in variety and overall rather meh, and stock attachments... usually have no choice except between stock and no stock, but otherwise I don't feel there's true "traps" at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pump Shotgun: Mag Harness, Barrel Charger, AGrip
    M41A: VGrip, S8 Telescopic Sight, Bayonet

I usually carry the Shotgun in the suit slot and the M41A on the back