User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has CM-SS13 gone to shit?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has CM-SS13 gone to shit?

Has CM-SS13 gone to shit or am I overreacting? Ever since the Sseth video we've experienced bugs, soft-grief and loads of FF.
    I appreciate the new players following the orders I give as SL and the population going up..
    But the FF is just crazy. I am literally being shot in the back not even going in front of a marine because they probably think they have IFF, then another marine launches a HEDP in front of me. I see old players playing less and less and the game just feels less enjoyable with all the bugs and FF.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    Has CM-SS13 gone to shit or am I overreacting? Ever since the Sseth video we've experienced bugs, soft-grief and loads of FF.
    I appreciate the new players following the orders I give as SL and the population going up..
    But the FF is just crazy. I am literally being shot in the back not even going in front of a marine because they probably think they have IFF, then another marine launches a HEDP in front of me. I see old players playing less and less and the game just feels less enjoyable with all the bugs and FF.
    I'm no veteran but I've played for about two years or so. The game has just changed, and a lot of people I used to recognize before I played Goosen left or play less. There are still a lot of cool players left left, and some of the new players are bearable/even fun to teach. There are also some solid players I genuinely enjoy playing with too, especially in Delta. I think Bravo is my second favorite squad at this point. Having said that, FF is at an all time high. I've really enjoyed playing CIC recently and not dealing with instadeaths. I understand the sentiment though, I just feel like regardless the trend will pass, although summer is coming....
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh noes, so many new players, what ever could we do?

My dude, you should've seen the summer kids. At least some of the sseth tide are adults who stick to the game and follow rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's really not that bad, in terms of old people leaving and new players joining it will just take time for people to learn the ropes and it's not like anyone can play the same game forever.

The only real issue right now, for me, is bugs/server crashes.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The lag
    The fucking lag

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Old people leaving have always and will always be an issue, the biggest problem is clearly the lags. Playing a turn based CM isn't fun at all
    The French Madmen: Capitaine Renaud 'Sierra' Chatillon

Almaric, the history teacher synthetic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    new players eventually turn into regular players and regular players into veterans. The cycle of the gamer life.

What I can't stand is obviously the lag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're right on every account.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I admit, I'm part of the dreadful 'seth tide' but I'm trying to learn the roles that interest me such as Medic. I really enjoy being a medic because it helps keep other people stay in the fight. I tried learning engineer but I prefer to play the role when there's a high pop since I suck at hacking right now and frequently bug other engineers with questions as I scour the wiki. I was really suprised by how easy smartgunner is to play. I learned about EORG the hard way unfortunately and re read the rules. My IC name in game is Jeramiah Neeley and no I will always ask if you want help or grab you before administering medical aid. I understand that ODing a person is the cardinal sin of the medical field. I witnessed another medic OD a patient I was defibbing and he went blind.

Gist is, I'm willing to learn and take advice. A lot of the guides are out of date but still contain some useful information generally speaking. But not everyone has the time to invest, I work part time so I have a large schedule to learn quickly. Other members of the 'seth tide' might not have the time to learn right away. give them a month and see where things go.

Delta is love, Delta is life.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Developers are working on something to try and solve the lag/performance issues.

As far as the quality of players, they need to learn, everyone was a newbie at one point.