User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has CM-SS13 gone to shit?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They need to add a feature for both xenos and marines that allow you to grab a baldie and use them as a human/xeno shield. Then it will be cool having this many retards around.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TASADAR101 View Post
    I admit, I'm part of the dreadful 'seth tide' but I'm trying to learn the roles that interest me such as Medic. I really enjoy being a medic because it helps keep other people stay in the fight. I tried learning engineer but I prefer to play the role when there's a high pop since I suck at hacking right now and frequently bug other engineers with questions as I scour the wiki. I was really suprised by how easy smartgunner is to play. I learned about EORG the hard way unfortunately and re read the rules. My IC name in game is Jeramiah Neeley and no I will always ask if you want help or grab you before administering medical aid. I understand that ODing a person is the cardinal sin of the medical field. I witnessed another medic OD a patient I was defibbing and he went blind.

Gist is, I'm willing to learn and take advice. A lot of the guides are out of date but still contain some useful information generally speaking. But not everyone has the time to invest, I work part time so I have a large schedule to learn quickly. Other members of the 'seth tide' might not have the time to learn right away. give them a month and see where things go.

Delta is love, Delta is life.
    https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewforum.ph...083631911d7238

thats the old forum with a ton of guides. some may be outdated but most of the good information is there.

medic you basically just do what the scanner tells you to do. nothing much to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewforum.ph...083631911d7238

thats the old forum with a ton of guides. some may be outdated but most of the good information is there.

medic you basically just do what the scanner tells you to do. nothing much to it.
    Doing this will see your patient still dying and you clueless as he punches you for doing nothing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly the ssethtide isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. Yes their are alot of new players who are quite onrobust, do alot of FF and take forever in req but its not game ruining. Atleast in my experiences they are mostly all eager to learn, listen to orders and even RP, which counts for alot in my books. Give it a few weeks and they'll get better at their job and CM will be a better game for it.

Blaming new players for "ruining CM" is some gatekeeping bullshit and we as a community should refrain from it, instead embrace and help the new friends with all their flaws, have a laugh at the friendly fire and onrobust shenanigans because we've all been there at one point.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The server has changed mostly because of staff changing hands back and forth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to get FFd to death a lot when i was new, but it barely happens anymore so i don't know about that
    The lag is another story though
    Last edited by Deep Inside Me; 03-29-2019 at 10:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The attributes that made CM special have been eroding away for a while now, and it has nothing to do with a grey tide of new players. Staff members, game balance and IP have all steadily declined with Apop leaving the server. Yeah, dude's a fucking weird pedo and a piece of shit, but he had a clear vision for the game and held to it.

Roleplaying, while always sparse, no longer exists. Active developers are nice, but they lack oversight and a clear direction. Mods in-game are a joke. There is no creativity in any kind of events being held, I mean Feweh was a moron but the dude could at least follow a simple RP premise and play it out. Oh, and now we got cringey 13 year old SCP shit infesting the server. Great, that's not totally contrary to the aesthetic of the server or anything. Bring on the memes.

Basically, just treat the game like a glorified TDM server and try not to hold it to any higher standard, lest you find yourself disappointed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if it was me that changed or the game that changed, but given the multiple people complaining about it even to this day I'm going to assume it's the latter. Regardless, win lose or draw whatever *something* has been happening has been happening for a while now, long before the new player influx. No one seems to be able to agree about what exactly it is or if it was negative in the first place or if it even exists - it was probably a bunch of small things attached to big things that overshadowed everything else. I still lurk in the community, but I think last time I played the game itself for a full round was in November-December of 2018, and the last time I played regularly was either over the summer of 2018 or November of 2017 - my memory isn't that fantastic.

I'm Frankie Day, resident SL along with various other roles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritigern View Post
    The attributes that made CM special have been eroding away for a while now, and it has nothing to do with a grey tide of new players. Staff members, game balance and IP have all steadily declined with Apop leaving the server. Yeah, dude's a fucking weird pedo and a piece of shit, but he had a clear vision for the game and held to it.

Roleplaying, while always sparse, no longer exists. Active developers are nice, but they lack oversight and a clear direction. Mods in-game are a joke. There is no creativity in any kind of events being held, I mean Feweh was a moron but the dude could at least follow a simple RP premise and play it out. Oh, and now we got cringey 13 year old SCP shit infesting the server. Great, that's not totally contrary to the aesthetic of the server or anything. Bring on the memes.

Basically, just treat the game like a glorified TDM server and try not to hold it to any higher standard, lest you find yourself disappointed.
    stop spreading misinformation please, Apop is innocent of all that weird shit they claimed he did, he came back to CM discord and posted proof of his innocence and the group plotting that against him, he decided to quit SS13 community as a whole because they tried to fire him off his job IRL and also they actually SWAT'd him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh god new players guys. cm is going to shit holy fuck!!!!