User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A discussion about ethnicity (skin tone) and the proportion haircut-head sprite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A discussion about ethnicity (skin tone) and the proportion haircut-head sprite.

Disclaimer: This is NOT a suggestion, If this hasn't changed since the day we got them is because isn't intended to be changed, it's a discussion about player feedback.

This is something that has bothered me since day 1 of taking away the default SS13 human sprite for our own custom human sprite for the marines. However, since day 1 there have been issues with these new sprites and to the date, most of them have been issued BUT there are 2 of these issues that still seem to appear and grind my gears to the maximum level.

In this thread I will point out the issues (that I believe are indeed an issue and not nit-picking bs) and I'll let you guys discuss whatever opinion you may have on the subject and if you want to point out another issue.

here are the 2 issues:

1) Un-realistic, weird looking skin tones: This would be the first issue, there are a lot of ethnics to pick from the character setup menu, but only some of them provide a decent skin tone, the majority of them for caucasians are a pale-sick skin tone, like a vampire or an undercook'd chicken sausage and others are pink-ish like the dude got skin cancer from standing into the sun too much. Here are some examples of the most weird skin tones:

Spoiler Spoiler:

2) Some hairtstyles do not fit the head sprite so you get a bald spot: True that this issue was fixed for most hairstyles there are some that still have this issue, I haven't tried with all the hairstyles but I know one or two that comes with this, an example:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

My personal and honest opinion is that we were better with the old skin tone setup (0 to pale and 225 to very very black) and with the default ss13 sprites.

Thoughs? opinions? share it here.
    Last edited by Heckenshutze; 03-26-2019 at 10:39 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't see the pictures, chief.

EDIT: can see now.

The old skin setup allowed for way more different and interesting variations imo. The current one is just so bland in comparison
    Last edited by DefinitelyAlone0309; 03-26-2019 at 11:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the ethnicity thing doesn't really sticks for me, it limits the character editing

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, I think the retarded haircolour choices are more of an issue.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    whats retarded about green or purple hair? I see marines all the time with those hair colors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    How dare you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did had a problem with retarded colour styles but then I understood something, character customatization is a vital and important part of the game. Putting restrictions and shit it�s bad

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grgscn7ll8i21.jpg

Because bright blue/pink/neon green hairstyles are authentic to the Marine experience.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a dream I finally discovered the correct formula for a good skin color scheme, but it didn't follow me into the real world.

Oh well, I'm sure you guys will figure it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelpoint View Post
    grgscn7ll8i21.jpg

Because bright blue/pink/neon green hairstyles are authentic to the Marine experience.
    If you can�t beat �em, show off