Player Report
    Your Byond ID?
    BanEvader43

Your Character Name?
    Bruce Thompson

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Unknown

Accused Character Name
    Sal 'Spaghetti' Salmonella (or something to that effect)

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    ~3 PM 4/9/2019

What rule(s) were broken:
    Abuse of power as CO

Description of the incident:
    I was in the requisitions line at the start of the round when someone cut in front of me. A fight ensued and ended with the arrival of an MP and the CO. The MP ordered both the other marine and myself out of the line to deal with the incident. The CO ordered just me to get to the back of the line. I left the line and said "Okay Captain Shitbag." While attempting to move to the back of the line the CO interrupted me by getting in my way and pulling his Mateba and said "don't test me" to me which I replied "do it pussy." Then the CO blew my head off.

Now I know I told him to do it, but I'm pretty sure that escalating insubordination and name calling to a Battlefield Execution before any sort of combat deployment is a little extreme, but I have a feeling I know why such an extreme escalation took place. Just a day or two ago I had an altercation with this player in deadchat that left them irate, and I believe that they exercised their authority in the CO role to get back at me and remove me from the round. To support this I'll point to a few things that happened prior and subsequently throughout the round.

First off, as the CO arrived they immediately targeted me and did not make any attempt to fully understand the situation at hand or take a measured response, as the MP did when they ordered both participants in the fight out of the line. Now one could argue that they were making an RP powermove to quell any insubordination, and I imagine that might be permissible. Except that later in the round this same person accused several marines of "sedition" after which they immediately pardoned them. Not really the sort of move that an iron fisted Commanding Officer would take after blowing somebody's head off for calling them a shitbag.

Which brings the subject back to the BE. Even disregarding what I believe to be a clear meta bias, from what I have recently learned about the legality of executions on this server, it does not seem to be legal nor reasonable. The primary issue here being that it was essentially an escalation straight from name calling while STILL following orders to an execution outside of combat. The latter part there seems important to me because it takes the entire validity of the BE out of the question because there is no outside pressure forcing a rash action like an execution. The proper course of action here being to have the MP arrest me for disrespecting my Commanding Officer.

It is also worth noting that the CO was later arrested by the MP force. I am mostly unfamiliar with that series of events however.

I'll end this portion with the fact that I recognize Sal as a veteran player and a part of this community. I do not hate this player or particularly dislike them. My goal here isn't to tarnish their reputation or whatever. But it doesn't sit right with me that someone is abusing authority granted to them in a video game to settle trivial grudges or otherwise unfairly ruin their experience of the game, which is why I'm bringing this here to the forums.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    If the logs were publically available I would look for the evidence myself, but I guess you guys have to do that. Actually without public logs I cannot even be sure that I am remembering correctly which player I had the conversation with but hey what can you do. I will say that you can probably find the altercation in deadchat by Ctrl+Fing "simmer" in deadchat logs. Should be an easy identifier.

Also here is a screenshot somebody else posted regarding this player's CO whitelist application.
    https://gyazo.com/f3fe50d44964d8c8a65a3011276cda83

And here is the application itself.
    https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18894

His responses about simple conversation and calling for MP assistance with regards to insubordination, an important aspect of a CO whitelist application I am sure, seemingly thrown to the wayside for some reason.

How you would punish the accused:
    Temporary break from the role of CO to reflect on their decision making.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I arrived and saw the MP tell you to remove yourself from the line. You're correct that I didn't fully understand the situation, but it didn't matter at the time as I gave you an' order and despite some arguing you complied.

Now after this is where we start disagreeing, I was standing in place and you started pushing into me so I moved over. This went on roughly 3-4 times before I pulled out the Mateba and said don't test me, I aimed at your head more than once and you replied with 'Do it Pussy'.

I didn't target you, your sprite was on top and were in the middle of arguing with the MP.

I remember your name but I think you're really putting more importance on yourself than you realize, in my experience we had a pretty common interaction that d-chat has. We disagree'd about Lurkers, I pointed out to a Crusher you weren't trying to actually have a discussion but were flaming him with 'get good'.

To be straight with you Chief, you actively brought this on yourself by challenging the Captain in front of a full Req line.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CO Council Will look into it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I was not present for the actual BE. I launched an investigation in to it as is standard protocol for my character on these matters.

My team documented 5 pages of evidence against the Captain during this round.

During this round, the Captain BEd someone while military police personnel where present at briefing and available. I believe Lena Ramis (or something similar to that name) and another 2 MPs were present, who later testified against the Captain.

The Captain was also investigated for prevication, and due to the Captains own interactions with me (talking about mutineers planetside) and a handful of further evidence, we deemed that the Captain instead abused his power to pardon marines.

We sent the relevant documents to the Captain.

The captain and the XO were later detained, not before the Captain called a KOS command to all squads against the military police, despite being offered the chance to see the fax and despite the fact the CE had already been shown the document as was present to take command.

Upon being detained. The Captain proceeded to insult me LOOC, berating me, accusing me of working against him, meta targeting him and abusing my mentor powers to log dive and abuse my power. It was so outrageously inappropriate for a member of the CO whitelist and I later found that the majority of dchat was in agreement.

I also barely knew who he was, beyond playing a marine and having a terrible note history.

This type of behaviour was wholey unfitting, especially for someone on thin ice, even more so for someone who is supposed to set an example to the community, and someone who has literally been applying for unbans.

I will be posting here later tonight when I'm on my phone but I cannot even remotely understand why this behaviour was unpunished, when it outright violates multiple server rules.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You refused to show the provost to CiC after I placed both weapons on the table and we requested to see it.

You arrested the XO on false charges, yes you know who I am Solid, this report is for the BE and not your soap box.

The note was rolled out and I've spoken to the CO council about this first CO mishap on my part. Which I believe you're already aware of.

You're actually being misleading as a lot of this was in ahelps, as well as the LOOC being largely between you and me alone.
    Last edited by bobatnight; 04-10-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a report about a improper battlefield execution. If you want to push other issues, because you have mutliple serious allegations I suggest you make a separate report solidfury7

Battlefield Execution Logs:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You deserved that more than I remembered, Bruce.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobatnight View Post
    You refused to show the provost to CiC after I placed both weapons on the table and we requested to see it.

You arrested the XO on false charges, yes you know who I am Solid, this report is for the BE and not your soap box.

The note was rolled out and I've spoken to the CO council about this first CO mishap on my part. Which I believe you're already aware of.

You're actually being misleading as a lot of this was in ahelps, as well as the LOOC being largely between you and me alone.
    You were told you would be shown the High Command order once you were in Cuffs. CE confirmed it was legit.

XOs charges were legit, he decided to aid and abett you and was dealt with as protocol dictates.

I do note how you failed to address any of the legitimate issues and tried to point the finger at me.

Considering your BE was part of the reason you were detained, as well as the countless other actions, they remain relevant for the report, considering these are already a breach of the CO whitelists rules and guidelines.

Regarding this whole staff conspiracy you seem to peddle, I think it's dillusion and you should probably take a look at your own behaviour and attitude before making baseless accusations.

And yeah, I didn't who you were other than your bad note record and your deadchat salt.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zzzzz...

Your MPs revealed their investigation at the start of the round, the only possible way to pinpoint that the XO told me as well would be some form of metagaming. I already knew and explained that to you.

'Countless other actions' - Asking to have 2 marines arrested based on information about a mutiny and reversing that decision when I was given updated information.

I'm not gonna get into it here, if you have an issue make a report as Thesoldier said, other wise it seems like you're just trying to paint me in as negative a light as possible.

I was noted and spoken to about the issue, just to reiterate that once more since you seem to be willfully ignoring that part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright so I'm just gonna start off with replying to your rather disingenuous representation of what happened. I will state my collection of the events in as accurate of a portrayal as I can here so that anyone reading this can make the best possible judgement. Your claim that you were standing there and I moved into you 3-4 times and you moved out of the time is wrong. After jumping the barricade, insulting you, and attempting to move to the back of the line, you purposefully moved from the entrance to briefing to get in front of me and obstruct my movement, without saying anything, and pulled out your weapon, clearly indicating your intent to shoot me. Only after getting in my way, on purpose, and blocking me from following your own order, did you say anything, and it was a provocation. The logs posted in this thread also support that you also not only insulted me first, but that you were the one to escalate the situation to a full blown life or death situation over calling you a shitbag and attempting to follow your order to the best of my ability. I guess I have to ask, what was your reasoning for ignoring the MP at your disposal, who was right next to you as you initially walked in from briefing before accosting me near the end of the line, and instead opting to pull your weapon on your subordinate who insulted you?