User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Remove Whitelists

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
    There is literally nothing in the extended rules that dilutes the game for Marines or Xeno's. Those rules are to help keep pred's in line and from ruining the round with their tech. How this somehow creates a meta dilemma for Marines or Xeno's is beyond me.
    This is my personal opinion on how predators seem a bit too passive, and the reasoning why I think that is so, as well as how it could be fixed. I did not claim there was a meta dilemma, and I even acknowledged that it makes sense for certain threads to be restricted. Furthermore, going so far as to dismiss my opinion as being implicitly stupid isn't productive.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justicer3792 View Post
    This is my personal opinion on how predators seem a bit too passive, and the reasoning why I think that is so, as well as how it could be fixed. I did not claim there was a meta dilemma, and I even acknowledged that it makes sense for certain threads to be restricted. Furthermore, going so far as to dismiss my opinion as being implicitly stupid isn't productive.
    Your argument is about the meta dilemma's to which Xeno's and Marines face when facing pred's

With the honor code, it's purposefully generalized in order to avoid marines/xenos metaing any harder than they currently do. It totally makes sense, along with the Predator Rule Clarification thread being private. However it creates this disconnect between predator-whitelisted and non-whitelisted players. So the predator knows 95%+ what to do in every situation, but normal players only know the rough outline

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    No one can argue COs having whitelist when queen doesnt have whitelist. Queen has way more influence and ability to ruin rounds. It makes 0 sense for COs to be whitelisted if queens arent.

Synth and predators actually have real reasons to be whitelisted though.
    There�s already a CO that can fuckup the round Uber heavily. It�s called the Commander aka XO.

That�s your unwhitelisted CO right there.

Even the name got changed to better reflect that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vispainius View Post
    There�s already a CO that can fuckup the round Uber heavily. It�s called the Commander aka XO.

That�s your unwhitelisted CO right there.

Even the name got changed to better reflect that.
    Implying the XO doesn't just afk in the CIC because the CO micromanages, just becomes a budget SO because the CO micromanages, or goes to the planet and dies because the CO micromanages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    remove whitelists

for one day a month/year/etc

to remind people

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    preds could be reworked to rely on their stealth more rather than being as tanky as they can be

but i dont believe they should be removed entirely

at most they could become a gimmick ert type spawn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by misto View Post
    preds could be reworked to rely on their stealth more rather than being as tanky as they can be

but i dont believe they should be removed entirely

at most they could become a gimmick ert type spawn
    we both know that's as good as removing them.
    Deathsquad? Rarely seen if ever.
    Iron bears? Gone
    Dutch's Dozen? Rare as hell
    Purposeful, non Distress ERTs for CLF, WY, UPP? Rare

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaznoodles View Post
    Implying the XO doesn't just afk in the CIC because the CO micromanages, just becomes a budget SO because the CO micromanages, or goes to the planet and dies because the CO micromanages.
    So you have the CO v .5 role but you still don't like that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    No one can argue COs having whitelist when queen doesnt have whitelist. Queen has way more influence and ability to ruin rounds. It makes 0 sense for COs to be whitelisted if queens arent.

Synth and predators actually have real reasons to be whitelisted though.
    I saw somebody else quote this and

I just had to, too.

Is this real? Queens are in charge of 0-60 Xenos that can heal themselves. Queens do need to lead, but it�s not nearly as hard to do as a CO leading 100+ marines.
    The CO needs to manage a FOB, headcount, take positions/advance, deal with ship shit, etc.
    The Queen manages positions/advance and headcount

That�s to put it simply. Obviously not the ENTIRE outline for either class, but there�s a basic. Queens =/= COs

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishopil View Post
    I saw somebody else quote this and

I just had to, too.

Is this real? Queens are in charge of 0-60 Xenos that can heal themselves. Queens do need to lead, but it�s not nearly as hard to do as a CO leading 100+ marines.
    The CO needs to manage a FOB, headcount, take positions/advance, deal with ship shit, etc.
    The Queen manages positions/advance and headcount

That�s to put it simply. Obviously not the ENTIRE outline for either class, but there�s a basic. Queens =/= COs
    Xo has 5 other people to help him in CIC alone none the less squad leaders and POs and all sorts of shit. Queen is the entire leadership by herself.

I dont even care about that though the reason why I say the queen should be whitelisted more than the CO is because the queen has 100% authority and can tell xenos to kill themselves and can get you banned for not doing what she says. That is completely different than CO and should have OOC checks on it in my opinion. Queen also can literally lose the round by not doing something as simple as using ovipositor because xenos cant evolve without her. Marines can literally play the entire game without the CO and it wont make much difference. The only thing a CO can abuse is battlefield execution and imprisonments (good luck doing that if you are on the ground too cause). Other than that CO cant really do shit to you.
    Last edited by MasterShakeEZ; 05-13-2019 at 02:58 PM.