Your Byond ID?
    zenlon

Your Character Name?
    John 'cigs' moriraty

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Viperious

Accused Character Name
    Arthur

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    1:00 AM central, approx.

What rule(s) were broken:
    Synthetic broken programming

Description of the incident:
    The captain deploys, and I, the XO, take the helm. Arthur, the synthetic, is running alamo PO, a vital role, since the PO went SSD. We are doing fine until captain is killed far away from LZ, Arthur proposes we rescue him, I say no as we NEED him to help with transport.

He doesn't even say anything, I ask for him numerous times, doesn't respond. He goes off and retrieves the captains dead, dnr, body, while we had a mess on our hands with transport. I have him arrested, contact moderators, and they say he broke programming.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    https://i.gyazo.com/8ac612d74bf1de38...1626215be0.png

This is basically all I can produce, as my game crashed numerous times throughout the round.

How you would punish the accused:
    I'd remove his whitelist, he blatantly disregarded orders and severely fucked the round.
    Last edited by zenlon; 05-29-2019 at 06:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 I was an SO this round and saw the synth violate the orders myself, the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines clearly state:
    "Do not disobey valid orders from Command personnel. An unlawful order is not valid, thus can be ignored."

Firstly the senior moderator himself says in the screenshots zenlon provided that:
    "The synth has been unable to clarify on what marine law was broken to make an order unlawful."

Unless the senior moderator is lying, this alone should be enough to prove that Viperious broke the programming and guidelines for synthetic players.

Secondly, on top of clearly breaking the rules Viperious's actions directly lead to putting marines in danger. This entire event occurred over ~2 hours into an Ice colony round, we had been holding LZ1 for the last hour and the captain had tried to push to Dorms, where he died. When the synth wanted to go after his body the entire marine force had pulled back to the LZ and we were ferrying up huge numbers of wounded marines who had been injured from that very push. Despite both I (SO) and the XO telling the synth to keep piloting the Alamo he ran off without telling us. We had assumed that as a synth he would not disobey orders but low and behold 4 minutes later we get reports that the Alamo is just sitting there while infected marines are waiting. I do not know if any of the marines who busted could have been saved if the Synth had followed orders, but there is no way that the synth could know they wouldn't.

Not only did he clearly violate the rules for synthetics but seriously endangered the lives of marines by doing so, and possibly got them killed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As the moderator in question i ended up asking for clarification from a member of the synthetic council. After explaining the circumstances that council member said that Viperious disobeyed a lawful order, as such breaking programming.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So to start off, I had been fulfilling the role of transport for the better part of an hour, and had been forced to leave the position numerous times to perform surgeries, replace NUMEROUS APC power cells, most of which was the T-comms APC. At these moments, the Alamo controls were either taken over by the other PO who was running CAS, or by command in the CiC that has full remote capabilities. While performing surgery on an infected patient, I see that the CO is calling for help at Dorms, and then shortly after see an announcement saying the CO was saved, so I proceed onto another patient who has IB and a couple of fractures. As I finish up, the other PO announces that they have returned to the station in the Alamo and that I can have it back. I get into the alamo, wait for the engines to cool down and launch it. I ask where the CO is and I'm told he's "Gone", I ask again for a more specific answer and I am told he is "Gone Gone". Now I know how long it's been since the CO called for help and I know damn well he's recoverable and not far from the FOB. I ask one more time and I am told that he is dead at dorms, so once I land, I immediately set out to retrieve him and announce my intentions. By the time I am ordered to leave the Captain to go brain dead, I am already outside of the FOB and about 10 seconds away from the Captains body. Knowing that if I spend any more time with back and forth chatter, and believing the order to leave the CO to go brain dead to be an unlawful order. I quickly arrive at the COs location and find his revivable body, however as I reach it, a spitter appears from the North, I try to focus on reviving the CO and ignore the spitter, but it makes it's intentions clear quite quickly as it sprays me, I attempted to chase it off, but while doing so, the Captains body goes brain dead. At this point my sole priority is to get back to the FOB alive, but by luck and wits, I am able to return to the FOB and get onto the Alamo, and since people are saying there are infected on the Alamo, I don't have time to say anything aside from doing some emergency repairs after escaping the spitter and reporting that I recovered the CO but he went brain dead before I had the chance to defib him, which would not have been the case if I wasn't forced to have constant back and forth with command chat who didn't want to consider the possibility that the CO could be recovered. Unfortunately, as I entered the cockpit, they remotely launched without flight routines, meaning the flight would take longer than normal and then proceeded to have a torrent of insults thrown at me by the SO and XO. As far as I know, no marines burst or died in the brief time that I was away from the alamo while it was on cool down, since I was immediately arrested following my return to the Almayer, and shortly after that, the dropship had been stolen and launched back up to the ship by the xenos.

So to sum up. The CO was recently dead. He was close to the FOB relatively speaking and I considered the order to leave the CO to go brain dead to be unlawful. I am aware that not everyone agrees with this as it is a very case by case situation. I will take any punishment the council deems fit for my judgement call on this matter. However, I would like it to be known that at the time of this round, it was 8am and I had been played for good 16 hours straight, with minor breaks inbetween.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viperious View Post
    So to start off, I had been fulfilling the role of transport for the better part of an hour, and had been forced to leave the position numerous times to perform surgeries, replace NUMEROUS APC power cells, most of which was the T-comms APC. At these moments, the Alamo controls were either taken over by the other PO who was running CAS, or by command in the CiC that has full remote capabilities. While performing surgery on an infected patient, I see that the CO is calling for help at Dorms, and then shortly after see an announcement saying the CO was saved, so I proceed onto another patient who has IB and a couple of fractures. As I finish up, the other PO announces that they have returned to the station in the Alamo and that I can have it back. I get into the alamo, wait for the engines to cool down and launch it. I ask where the CO is and I'm told he's "Gone", I ask again for a more specific answer and I am told he is "Gone Gone". Now I know how long it's been since the CO called for help and I know damn well he's recoverable and not far from the FOB. I ask one more time and I am told that he is dead at dorms, so once I land, I immediately set out to retrieve him and announce my intentions. By the time I am ordered to leave the Captain to go brain dead, I am already outside of the FOB and about 10 seconds away from the Captains body. Knowing that if I spend any more time with back and forth chatter, and believing the order to leave the CO to go brain dead to be an unlawful order. I quickly arrive at the COs location and find his revivable body, however as I reach it, a spitter appears from the North, I try to focus on reviving the CO and ignore the spitter, but it makes it's intentions clear quite quickly as it sprays me, I attempted to chase it off, but while doing so, the Captains body goes brain dead. At this point my sole priority is to get back to the FOB alive, but by luck and wits, I am able to return to the FOB and get onto the Alamo, and since people are saying there are infected on the Alamo, I don't have time to say anything aside from doing some emergency repairs after escaping the spitter and reporting that I recovered the CO but he went brain dead before I had the chance to defib him, which would not have been the case if I wasn't forced to have constant back and forth with command chat who didn't want to consider the possibility that the CO could be recovered. Unfortunately, as I entered the cockpit, they remotely launched without flight routines, meaning the flight would take longer than normal and then proceeded to have a torrent of insults thrown at me by the SO and XO. As far as I know, no marines burst or died in the brief time that I was away from the alamo while it was on cool down, since I was immediately arrested following my return to the Almayer, and shortly after that, the dropship had been stolen and launched back up to the ship by the xenos.

So to sum up. The CO was recently dead. He was close to the FOB relatively speaking and I considered the order to leave the CO to go brain dead to be unlawful. I am aware that not everyone agrees with this as it is a very case by case situation. I will take any punishment the council deems fit for my judgement call on this matter. However, I would like it to be known that at the time of this round, it was 8am and I had been played for good 16 hours straight, with minor breaks inbetween.
    You are entirely lying about the timing of events, which Merriman can confirm. You were told not to go after him immediately, and you just ignored radio to have plausible deniability. You were told not to numerous times. You then argued afterwards that it was the right thing to do. First you say:

By the time I am ordered to leave the Captain to go brain dead, I am already outside of the FOB and about 10 seconds away from the Captains body.
    Then you say:

reporting that I recovered the CO but he went brain dead before I had the chance to defib him, which would not have been the case if I wasn't forced to have constant back and forth with command chat who didn't want to consider the possibility that the CO could be recovered
    The captain's body was on the other side of the map, that's an entire fabrication that it was anywhere CLOSE to the fob. The captain's body was at north dorms. Frankly, it seems like you wanted to be a hero and ignore orders, which as a marine would be acceptable I guess, but as a synth is absolutely not. And now you are lying about it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zenlon View Post
    You are entirely lying about the timing of events, which Merriman can confirm. You were told not to go after him immediately, and you just ignored radio to have plausible deniability. You were told not to numerous times. You then argued afterwards that it was the right thing to do. First you say:

Then you say:

The captain's body was on the other side of the map, that's an entire fabrication that it was anywhere CLOSE to the fob. The captain's body was at north dorms. Frankly, it seems like you wanted to be a hero and ignore orders, which as a marine would be acceptable I guess, but as a synth is absolutely not. And now you are lying about it.
    I believe logs will clear up specific timings, and I did not ignore the radio, I saw what I considered an unlawful order and ignored it as the synthetic guidelines say I can. Though saying it was 10 seconds away is a bit extreme, though close to the actual distance.

The Captain's body was not on the other side of the map. Please look at the attached image for a more precise account of what happened.Player report.jpg

Washed up CM-SS13 Host NGGJamie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After digging through logs, I've managed to put the situation back together with some degree of accuracy.

I'll be putting this in chronological order, starting with the time of the CO's death.

[00:51:41]EMOTE: Greg Lauffer/Snooper44 : CPT Greg Lauffer screams!

This was his last emote (a code-forced scream), with him ghosting out of his body some seconds later at [00:52:06]. Immediately after being downed, his situation was called out over the radio:

[00:51:48]SAY: Jimmy Llama/Zostroll : CO DOWN DORMS
    [00:51:53]SAY: Jimmy Llama/Zostroll : CO DOWN DORMS
    [00:52:00]SAY: Jimmy Llama/Zostroll : CO DOWN DORMS

The above confirms that the CO was downed in the Dorms. Two minutes later, Viperious launches the Alamo and asks where the Captain's location is:

[00:54:18]SAY: Arthur/Viperious : Alamo luanching. Where is the Captain?
    [00:54:21]ADMIN: Arthur (Viperious) launched a shuttle from the 'Alamo' flight controls

It would appear his landing time was at another chat timestamp, where he originally announced his intentions:

[00:55:46]SAY: Arthur/Viperious : I will recover the Captain from dorms.

and after roughly one minute, arrives at the CO's body and grabs him:

[00:56:49]ATTACK: Viperious/(Arthur) grabbed *no key*/(Greg Lauffer)

As far as I can tell, the timing for the order this report regards happened exactly five seconds prior to grabbing the CO, and reiterated again eleven seconds later.

[00:56:44]SAY: John 'Cigs' Moriarty/Zenlon : Synth you are ordered not to go after the captain
    [00:56:55]SAY: John 'Cigs' Moriarty/Zenlon : As acting in charge, that's a full order. We need you to pilot hte alamo.

The original AHelp regarding the incident was made just shy of two minutes later:

[00:58:49]ADMIN: HELP: Zenlon/(John 'Cigs' Moriarty): The robot entirely disobeyed orders, even if it worked he's a fucking robot and he should be following chain of command - heard by 2 non-AFK staff.

To further confirm that the CO was alive when Viperious arrived, he provided a bit of salt in DChat:

[01:02:50]SAY: Ghost/Snooper44 : Is this XO retarded?
    [01:03:30]SAY: Ghost/Snooper44 : The Synth attempted to come save me when I was revivable. gets arrested for doing so lol

With this, we can confirm that the CO was in the dorms at some reasonable distance to traverse, and that he was able to be revived when Viperious arrived at his location. The order that went out five seconds prior to the CO being grabbed was the only one I could find in the logs, even when searching for any mention of Viperious' character or "synth." Barring a specific order that was missed during my log searches prior, I would consider Viperious' actions to be reasonable behavior for a synth, as an order should not override saving an immediately present dying man. Honorable mention could be given to the XO stating that the CO was "dead dead," but this information was incorrect, and not specifically an order. If I've missed something of particular importance relating to this complaint in my search, please reply and point it out so that we can confirm more accurate details. However, at this time, I do not see a breach of Synthetic Programming here, and this information has also been privately provided to the Synthetic Council. At the time of writing, one council member did agree with my conclusion here once these logs, and then some, were provided for discussion. No other council members have commented on it as of yet to provide input.
    Last edited by NGGJamie; 05-29-2019 at 01:08 PM.
    Synthetic Application-Leonard [Accepted] - Predator Application-Thei-De Na'Tauk [Accepted]

Mentor: 06/28/2017 - 08/07/2017 / Trial Moderator 08/07/2017 - 08/25/17 / Moderator 08/25/17 - 10/11/17 / Trial Admin 10/11/17 - 10/30/17 / Senior Mentor 10/30/17 - 03/15/18 / Mod Manager 03/15/18 - 07/08/18 / Coder 07/08/18 - 07/27/18 / Host 07/27/18 - 10/19/22

I run Linux on all of my machines and actively reject Windows. I have some cool dotfiles up on Github for configuring some of my favorite stuff.

Contact Info:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Us fellas in the Synth council is reviewing this, and we'll be posting our conclusion shortly. Thank you Jamie for the relevant logs, and if you are a witness directly to the events, it would be greatly appreciated if you posted. Thanks!

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, so this case actually has a bit more to it than we expected. We're looking at more logs and I plan to discuss this report with the council. Due to the fact I'll be out of town for a few days, don't expect this to be resolved till at least Sunday. Further details will most likely be given on that day. Until then, character witnesses are free to report but we do not need bickering or unnecessary opinions posted in this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe if you look through the logs again for messages from myself (Fenton Merriman) you will find far earlier instances of the synth being ordered to not pursue the CO's body.