User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will you continue to play xeno if they become weak and expendable like WO?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I will quit playing

9 11.69%
  • No I will quit playing

22 28.57%
  • I dont really care

46 59.74%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: The faceless horde

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    master, listen to me. I'M NOT ASKING WHY THERE IS MORE MARINES THAN XENOs, I'M ASKING WHY IT IS OK FOR INDIVIDUAL MARINES TO BE WEAK AND IT'S COOL FOR YOU, BUT XENOS HAVE TO BE MUCH MORE POWERFULL?

Make xenos fun, not fun again, fun for once. Give them cool toys, but don't let them be powerfull as individual. Give them recognition, give them other ways of fun besides combat. Remove cheesy tactics from both sides.
    Then you will have more xeno players. Right now to be a xeno main you have to enjoy it's style. You have to withstand thought that you are basically better at everything in comparsion to your enemies and you did nothing to earn this. I feel this way as xeno, this is why I'm not playing roundstart xenos. This is why I don't play survivors.
    Xeno is just basically a greytider, but toolbox is empty and it is glued to his both hands. This is why I don't like "basic" xeno gameplay. It took defender - boiler relationship to hook me up. Other xenos are just bad, their gameplay is bad for me now. THEIR GAMEPLAY IS NOT FUN, THIS IS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY THEY DON'T HAVE THAT BIG OF A PLAYERBASE, BECOUSE THEIR GAMEPLAY IS NOT FUN, IT'S JUST SLAUGHTER AND NOT WANTING TO CHANGE IT IS JUST STUPID, THIS "COMFORT BUBBLE" HAVE TO EXPLODE.
    MAKE XENOS FUN, DON'T KEEP THEM IN THIS SHIT STATE.

Why is that xenos are less liked than marines despite being more powerfull and shit? Greytide might like xeno gameplay, we are not playing SS13 to just kill. AvP is for that.
    Cabal, I cant tell if you are trolling me or not right now. You cant make the side that has more players stronger individually. You want stronger individual marines? start limiting how many marines can be in the game thats the only way. Do you not understand this?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Cabal, I cant tell if you are trolling me or not right now. You cant make the side that has more players stronger individually. You want stronger individual marines? start limiting how many marines can be in the game thats the only way. Do you not understand this?
    50/50... Hehe

But you can make the side that has less players have more players, right? Or it is impossible?
    But you can make the side that has less players be a bit less powerfull individualy, but stronger as a team? Or is it impossible?

I never said I want stronger marines, I said that I don't understand why it is fun for marines to be weak as a single unit, but for xenos it is ultimate insult.
    Even a mere thought of a bit less powerfull xenos with easier and faster respawn was something you despised.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xenos are actually just more powerful because no one but die-hard xeno mains and marine mains who don't want to idly waiting for another round when they die will play them most of the time. We don't see a massive increase in marine playerbase when they get buffed, but we do see a huge increase temporarily in xeno numbers when they get buffed, even marine mains. People want to xeno to feel powerful, and be powerful. It's because there's little flexibility to them. there's no much you can do as a xeno, other than be a cookie-cutter xeno. You idle about, lying on the ground in between the monkey grabbing. You anxiously pace around when marines arrive, waiting for a front to form. Then you kill the heck out of them.

The only opportunities to do something truly unique is either when the round forces unnatural conditions. (Such as having to employ rare improvised tactics due to a lack of numbers, or a cornered position). Or when there's a role around that doesn't force xenos to kill them. Like the synth. The average xeno can rp with the synth, but that's only if the synth doesn't act openly hostile towards xenos, and xenos don't just murderbone the synth despite not being provoked by it. And other than that... well... you can only talk with the queen. Pretty much the only xeno who has a little time to toy around in a different manner because they needn't constantly focus when ovi'd. Even heals, which still have a cooldown. So you just chat in between. This is also why you don't see a lot of captures. Captures are a hassle and some marine players resist so much you might as well outright kill them because that one ain't worth it. Killing is the xeno gameplay. So people will predominantly kill. The devs have managed to make some mechanics tedious even. Like why is the cooldown for prae sticky spit so long? It's slower than hivelord, and barely faster than a drone. It makes no sense they can't spit faster than they regen the plasma needed to spit. It'd tedious and boring to slowly spit out fields of shittier, inferior sticky, that most players don't bother with it once the combat starts and they have a little down time in between. They're happy to have a different focus. It's also why drones will focus more on weeding ,combat hugging and capturing. Or even just hug n decap. It's less tedious than shitting out sticky slowly, even if it might be better. I think most players only start to enjoy the monotonous drum of placing defenses when it feels smooth and quick, like a hivelord shitting out sticky like a factory.

Bloating out the xeno role with more opportunities to do something different would be great. Marines have plenty of little things shipside, and a plethora of things to interact with down below. Stuff to collect. They also have a flexible arsenal. As a pfc, you can try out a lot of tactics, guns, and such. Whilst contrary, I don't think anything resembles the need for xenos to feel powerful more than when they yell at the queen to delay on ice. They want to grow stronger, they want to roll over marines. except maybe some drone castes, who usually go up coz weeding is more fun that sitting around, and die as a result seem to not enjoy the delay as much. The queen themselves usually bored to their teeth. Why, they're plenty powerful already, and get elder before any other tier three+. So why waaaait so some other xenos can powertrip except group pressure, gosh.

Add some randomness, objectives, bloat out castes with features not necessarily useful for combat. idk.