User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will you continue to play xeno if they become weak and expendable like WO?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I will quit playing

9 11.69%
  • No I will quit playing

22 28.57%
  • I dont really care

46 59.74%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: The faceless horde

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    What I said isnt the same thing as saying no to teamplay. Winning as a team through just sheer numbers is not fun. Thats why I dont want xenos to get nerfed to shit and have a million xenos. Like usual you dont understand anything I say or refuse to, im not sure which.
    It is saying "No" to more teamplay without anything added.
    Why marines have to win through sheer numbers and why this is fun for them, but not for xenos? Becouse bad idea of "fun marine gameplay" was hanging for few years doesn't mean everyone is happy and we shouldn't change it.
    Nobody will make exactly WO, becouse WO would lose it's meaning and marines would be stomped at every turn. WO without ridiculous amount of cades, sentries and M56D is just grind fest during second wave.
    Even I don't think that and even I don't want xenos to be completly fragile. This is why I like the idea of more weaker xenos and few "named ones" which would be more powerfull, minibosses etc. Let both sides have fun. Let that one marine to kill that one weaker xeno. Let that one weaker xeno to kill that one marine. Don't keep the game in state where one xeno kills 20 marines and half of the marines don't score even one kill.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    It is saying "No" to more teamplay without anything added.
    Why marines have to win through sheer numbers and why this is fun for them, but not for xenos? Becouse bad idea of "fun marine gameplay" was hanging for few years doesn't mean everyone is happy and we shouldn't change it.
    Nobody will make exactly WO, becouse WO would lose it's meaning and marines would be stomped at every turn. WO without ridiculous amount of cades, sentries and M56D is just grind fest during second wave.
    Even I don't think that and even I don't want xenos to be completly fragile. This is why I like the idea of more weaker xenos and few "named ones" which would be more powerfull, minibosses etc. Let both sides have fun. Let that one marine to kill that one weaker xeno. Let that one weaker xeno to kill that one marine. Don't keep the game in state where one xeno kills 20 marines and half of the marines don't score even one kill.
    Because marines dont want to play xeno so they outnumber the xenos CABAL, come on dude.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because marines dont want to play xeno so they outnumber the xenos CABAL, come on dude.
    Nope. Marines don't have player limit, you can start round with 50 marines and then 50 more can join in any given point. Xeno number in the beginning is adjusted to marine numbers. If xenos would be "basic" way to enter the game and marines would have to be rolled then you could say that xenos don't want to play marines, so they outnumber them?

It's not the case and it's not answer to my question.
    My question was: "Why marines have to win through sheer numbers and why this is fun for them, but not for xenos?"
    You answered: "Because marines dont want to play xeno so they outnumber the xenos CABAL, come on dude."
    This is answer to why it is fun for marines to be weak as individual, but not for xenos? It's not.
    It's like:
    " - Why do we have to drink tea without sugar and why we have to say it's tasty, but you have whole pack for your coffee?
    " - Becouse you don't want to drink coffee so you can't have sugar"

Xenos won't suffer much if they will have a bit more numbers with the power of "Mature-Elder" T1's and a bit less T2's and T3's.
    The only thing that will suffer is your "wont" (I guess this is the best word for being used to order of things). Change the meta, adjust to the new situation as marines have to with each big update.

I do want play xeno and I said it previously that I enjoy playing Defender and do what his name implies. We shouldn't be scared of changes. They are all over this world. Changes are not scary.
    Last edited by CABAL; 01-10-2019 at 02:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ketrai you arent even talking about the same stuff as us. We arent talking about how it is now we are talking about how its going to be with the changes that are coming dude.
    Then what changes are you talking about? The slowdown system? Less stat boosting mutators and more unique mutators? Neurotox rework? Support caste rework? As far as I can tell there have been no major plans to completely overhaul the xeno side for them to be less powerful individually.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketrai View Post
    Then what changes are you talking about? The slowdown system? Less stat boosting mutators and more unique mutators? Neurotox rework? Support caste rework? As far as I can tell there have been no major plans to completely overhaul the xeno side for them to be less powerful individually.
    Exactly this part I bolded is about what we are arguing.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Nope. Marines don't have player limit, you can start round with 50 marines and then 50 more can join in any given point. Xeno number in the beginning is adjusted to marine numbers. If xenos would be "basic" way to enter the game and marines would have to be rolled then you could say that xenos don't want to play marines, so they outnumber them?

It's not the case and it's not answer to my question.
    My question was: "Why marines have to win through sheer numbers and why this is fun for them, but not for xenos?"
    You answered: "Because marines dont want to play xeno so they outnumber the xenos CABAL, come on dude."
    This is answer to why it is fun for marines to be weak as individual, but not for xenos? It's not.
    It's like:
    " - Why do we have to drink tea without sugar and why we have to say it's tasty, but you have whole pack for your coffee?
    " - Becouse you don't want to drink coffee so you can't have sugar"

Xenos won't suffer much if they will have a bit more numbers with the power of "Mature-Elder" T1's and a bit less T2's and T3's.
    The only thing that will suffer is your "wont" (I guess this is the best word for being used to order of things). Change the meta, adjust to the new situation as marines have to with each big update.

I do want play xeno and I said it previously that I enjoy playing Defender and do what his name implies. We shouldn't be scared of changes. They are all over this world. Changes are not scary.
    cabal, listen to me. MOST MARINE PLAYERS DONT WANT TO PLAY XENO EVER. There is more of a playerbase for marines than xenos. Marines ALWAYS outnumber xenos because of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most marine players argue that marine is more fun to play than xeno. Can't blame em, marine has more rp options, and you can diversify yourself. If we're talking about a faceless horde having less appeal, the fact all xenos look identical is probably a good argument.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketrai View Post
    Most marine players argue that marine is more fun to play than xeno. Can't blame em, marine has more rp options, and you can diversify yourself. If we're talking about a faceless horde having less appeal, the fact all xenos look identical is probably a good argument.
    this is the point of the entire thread. Making xenos more of a faceless horde = less xeno players. the -entire- point.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cabal, listen to me. MOST MARINE PLAYERS DONT WANT TO PLAY XENO EVER. There is more of a playerbase for marines than xenos. Marines ALWAYS outnumber xenos because of it.
    master, listen to me. I'M NOT ASKING WHY THERE IS MORE MARINES THAN XENOs, I'M ASKING WHY IT IS OK FOR INDIVIDUAL MARINES TO BE WEAK AND IT'S COOL FOR YOU, BUT XENOS HAVE TO BE MUCH MORE POWERFULL?

Make xenos fun, not fun again, fun for once. Give them cool toys, but don't let them be powerfull as individual. Give them recognition, give them other ways of fun besides combat. Remove cheesy tactics from both sides.
    Then you will have more xeno players. Right now to be a xeno main you have to enjoy it's style. You have to withstand thought that you are basically better at everything in comparsion to your enemies and you did nothing to earn this. I feel this way as xeno, this is why I'm not playing roundstart xenos. This is why I don't play survivors.
    Xeno is just basically a greytider, but toolbox is empty and it is glued to his both hands. This is why I don't like "basic" xeno gameplay. It took defender - boiler relationship to hook me up. Other xenos are just bad, their gameplay is bad for me now. THEIR GAMEPLAY IS NOT FUN, THIS IS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY THEY DON'T HAVE THAT BIG OF A PLAYERBASE, BECOUSE THEIR GAMEPLAY IS NOT FUN, IT'S JUST SLAUGHTER AND NOT WANTING TO CHANGE IT IS JUST STUPID, THIS "COMFORT BUBBLE" HAVE TO EXPLODE.
    MAKE XENOS FUN, DON'T KEEP THEM IN THIS SHIT STATE.

Why is that xenos are less liked than marines despite being more powerfull and shit? Greytide might like xeno gameplay, we are not playing SS13 to just kill. AvP is for that.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is the point of the entire thread. Making xenos more of a faceless horde = less xeno players. the -entire- point.
    Staff already made their mind long ago. Xenos are supposed to be "faceless horde". While we are talking about making strong "named ones" and weaker, but still decent, faceless, you are flipping shit around.
    Don't be against any idea, becouse maybe this change would "born" more xenomains thanks to "teamplay fun".
    Even that broken vote poll shows 50/50 ratio.