User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The State of the Game

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    we are working on stuff that will hopefully add some bounceback for both sides

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FGRSentinel View Post
    Yeah, I remember that round because I got picked to be a PMC to help the CL. CIC seemed absolutely livid about how the xenos were unwilling to commit to a final assault and, personally, I feel like if the Queen was waiting that long for no reason other than the benos being "too weak" when they were all at ancient and then camping the ladders on the upper deck it should be viewed as meta/powergaming and a punishment should have been given out or the hive forced to attack.

If the round was just constant engagements where neither side could gain enough of an advantage to secure victory (and therefore the round was four hours long because intense combat proved the two sides were too evenly matched) I'd be fine with it. The issue is, Xenos now either get wiped or have enough strength to fully control the flow of combat and the round with no middle ground until they reach the Almayer... And as the queen from that round shows, some Xenos are aware of this and are perfectly willing to let the round drag on until the Queen and all T3s are Ancient simply to guarantee an Almayer win.

If this is how we're going to get that 65% Xeno winrate, the game's going to be zero fun to play. There needs to be an incentive for benos to attack if they clearly have the capacity to force the Marines off the planet, either by helping the Marines (perhaps a support ship arrives with "respawns" for dead Marine players, better weapons, or some other method), weakening the hive (Queen Mother revoking mutators, de-evolving random T3s, stripping a maturation level from the hive for every 10-20 minutes they delay, etc), or just outright gibbing the Queen for ruining the round.
    I had been thinking the 'best' ways for Marines to have a attrition counter was via Research; EG: Xcom style where the marines collect xeno parts and bodies, which research slowly uses to make upgrades and powerful items. The Sensor Tower thing that is being tested seems like an additional useful counter to attrition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want to leave this here. I honestly like the new features but I really think this could start making rounds last more than an hour again.

https://gitlab.com/cmdevs/ColonialMarines/issues/5463

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oatzandhoes View Post
    I just want to leave this here. I honestly like the new features but I really think this could start making rounds last more than an hour again.

https://gitlab.com/cmdevs/ColonialMarines/issues/5463
    I appreciate your hope, but one alteration will not make up for the overall power creep that has occurred.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    • Xenos have too much health, deal too much damage and mutators have added nothing of value. (Ancient Runner can tank 8 M4A1 bullets from one tile distance without going crit provide he has health mutators, and there is no reason not to have them)
    • Wider Boiler gas makes all marine defenses useless.
    • Claymores are still OP.
    • Metarushes have become even more common because winning against Xenos after 13:00 is an exercise in futility.
    • Buckshot nerf is cool, but even with the nerf, buckshot is still the best weapon marines have a by a mile, not counting M4A1 with BC and AP.
    • All the delays are driving me insane. Nest delay, wield delay, delay delay delay.
    • Sentinels with speed mutators are cancer.
    • SG still doesn't deal near enough damage to be useful.

It's all just kind of meh recently. The game was a lot more fun right after the tank got removed imo.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right after the tank got removed is when the meta rushes started. Tank slowed the round down. It also stopped xenos from steamrolling marines because even when marines were losing they could fall back to the tank and regroup cause the tank could hold off xenos by itself. It also protected the FOB because it could blow the shit out of boilers from a mile away. It gave the marines a way to fight late round xenos because even ancients could die to the tank if they were idiots. Yall all seem to hate the tank and don't realize it was the best balancer in the entire game.
    Last edited by MasterShakeEZ; 01-08-2019 at 08:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tank was a boring xeno gibbing machine, nothing balanced about that. Xenos could barely kill it properly so it would just be taken back up to the Almayer for repairs. Then came the Almayer defense where marines were basically guaranteed a win with the tank onboard. Having 2 people able to keep the whole xeno force at bay? naw chief that doesn't sound like balance to me.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonset55 View Post
    Tank was a boring xeno gibbing machine, nothing balanced about that. Xenos could barely kill it properly so it would just be taken back up to the Almayer for repairs. Then came the Almayer defense where marines were basically guaranteed a win with the tank onboard. Having 2 people able to keep the whole xeno force at bay? naw chief that doesn't sound like balance to me.
    Tank cant even do that now with DOREC making it completely broken. You are exaggerating because you don't like the tank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Tank cant even do that now with DOREC making it completely broken. You are exaggerating because you don't like the tank.
    DOREC just makes it stronger afaik yeah, more xeno death. Exactly why I don't like the tank, no exaggeration there.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They cant bring the tank back as it is obviously, DOREC completely annihilated any balance it had. It used to be pretty balanced (except off screen gibs)

another reason why tank was good for the game is it put xenos on the defense and pushed them into the caves (where they are stronger). Notice the meta has gone back to building on tfort and stuff like that where xenos tend to lose most of the battles (before mutators anyways) and tons of retarded players get killed over and over.
    Last edited by MasterShakeEZ; 01-08-2019 at 09:59 AM.