User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: The State of the Game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rather have the M41 be nerfed again than put up with its current propensity for FF. Having my chest break because of a single misclick from a bald Alpha is not fun. Half the time they don't even need to be firing AP to snap bones with a single M41 round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I feel kinda bad that I preferred things before the mutators. Things felt more even then.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried to warn everyone that mutators would just cause rebalancing around mutators since they implemented them as just generic buffs that you have to take because there are no real options. In the rounds that I have played marines lately I get shot and taken out of the round more often than xenos take me out lately. I then have the option of going up and getting healed and wasting the 30 minutes of actual fun in the round or sticking around gimped because I have a broken groin slowly leaking toxins into my system and making me weaker and weaker as the round goes on. This increased FF lethality is also making the lack of proficient support staff super glaring. I have noticed most POs are trash and wont even launch a shuttle more than every 5 minutes. Medics who don't splint are now the biggest threat to marines because of the easy bone breaks. Doctors who cant heal waste the precious 20 minutes of action you are gonna get between the 30 minutes of setting in briefing (why the fuck are COs going so god damn slow lately) and the 20 minutes of waiting for aliens to board the ship.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omicega View Post
    I'd rather have the M41 be nerfed again than put up with its current propensity for FF. Having my chest break because of a single misclick from a bald Alpha is not fun. Half the time they don't even need to be firing AP to snap bones with a single M41 round.
    Bonus points if they're not even wielding their M41

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A stopgap measure would be to at least remove the chance for splints to fall off again. It's bad enough having your ribs ground into dust by a single bullet, but when even acid spit can knock your splint off it either forces you to play super conservatively or enjoy the full 20 minute round trip for surgery. At the current round pace, this usually means that by the time you deploy again marines have already won and are in mop-up mode, or that all your friends have died while you were in surgery and xenos are well on their way to LZ1.

This is assuming you don't get IB, as well -- and you will, believe me. Honestly, I feel like marines could get old QC and peri back and it wouldn't even help that much right now, the bone breaks from even light FF are what really makes playing aggressively a massive gamble. You can outplay the xenos but you can't outplay the newbie on your team three tiles behind.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omicega View Post
    A stopgap measure would be to at least remove the chance for splints to fall off again. It's bad enough having your ribs ground into dust by a single bullet, but when even acid spit can knock your splint off it either forces you to play super conservatively or enjoy the full 20 minute round trip for surgery. At the current round pace, this usually means that by the time you deploy again marines have already won and are in mop-up mode, or that all your friends have died while you were in surgery and xenos are well on their way to LZ1.

This is assuming you don't get IB, as well -- and you will, believe me. Honestly, I feel like marines could get old QC and peri back and it wouldn't even help that much right now, the bone breaks from even light FF are what really makes playing aggressively a massive gamble. You can outplay the xenos but you can't outplay the newbie on your team three tiles behind.
    Lol inb4 marines go to battle with every body part presplinted

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would get fucked over by slowdowns.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    This increased FF lethality is also making the lack of proficient support staff super glaring. I have noticed most POs are trash and wont even launch a shuttle more than every 5 minutes. Medics who don't splint are now the biggest threat to marines because of the easy bone breaks. Doctors who cant heal waste the precious 20 minutes of action you are gonna get between the 30 minutes of setting in briefing (why the fuck are COs going so god damn slow lately) and the 20 minutes of waiting for aliens to board the ship.
    I've noticed that too, it seems that the PO's apparent simplicity turns it into an "easy to learn, hard to master" role where people can pick up on it fast, but pick a bad way to manage the dropships and refuse to acknowledge they're playing it the wrong way because "PO's so easy, it's just hitting buttons" when it's all about timing. I didn't notice it quite as much when I played PO every single round but now that I've been bouncing around playing other roles it's pretty obvious that good POs are the exception rather than the norm. As for the CO thing, all I can think of is they're trying to ensure everyone's ready, but I remember one round where briefing went on for something like five minutes because the CO decided to make a rambling speech before giving orders.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unironically the no armor buckshot shotgun meta has become more effective now than ever due to the updates.

Armor no longer protects you from even a Young Lurker; they can break bones in a few swipes due to mutators.

Armor no longer protects you from even normal pulse rifle rounds; they break bones in a few shots.

Armor slows you down against mutator 2x speed xenos.

Helmet doesn't even protect against decapitation or bone breaks either; its only real use right now is the extra 2 slots you can put your first aid / flask extras. Thats all.

Make armor cool again by buffing it against normal pulse rifle rounds / some protection against slugs and buck (as both got buffed despite slug needing a stun buff instead of damage buff).

This is just a bandaid on the gaping hole that is the power creep in the current meta, but at least it would make it so you aren't essentially out of the round from a random burst fire by a baldie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    Unironically the no armor buckshot shotgun meta has become more effective now than ever due to the updates.

-snip-
    This.
    The fact that running around in just the uniform and MAYBE a helmet is a viable strat tells us that something has gone horribly wrong with the balancing, if Rocket Tag Gameplay is not the goal.

Personally, I feel it very much should not be.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere