User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hoboe7 - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hoboe7 - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Hoboe7
    Character Name?
    Nina Wahad
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    MP, CMP.
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Dorkelli? (Performed the ban) NoahKirchner (Requested the ban)
    Total Ban Duration
    Job/Role Ban yeah?
    Remaining Duration
    Job/Role Ban hmph.
    What other servers do you play on?
    N/A
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    None
    Reason for Ban
    Note Accumulation.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    None
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    Player notes: https://pastebin.com/Kf5Kgi5w

I'll be appealing my Job/Role Ban from the MP Department.

Since, part of the ban was from note accumulation, I will answer any inquires about ANY of my previous notes if required, since somehow, I still remember somewhat the context, causation, and details, of every single note on me, even the ones that happened months or years ago. Of course, it will be from my point of view. I won't be covering my previous notes on this first post though because I don't want to make this appeal extremely long.
    I�d like to point out that I play CMP like � of the time on CM and I�m a pretty frequent player (at least before I was job banned, took a month hiatus because vacation) which I hope can explain the number of notes so you don�t think I just log on every once in a while, to be a dick.
    When I�m CMP, I usually try to set minimal timers, guide crewcut MP, and I do my best to not intentionally ruin the rounds for other players. Although I have no way to back this up besides from interactions I�ve had with other you.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A forewarning that you will be unable to appeal both MP and CMP simultaneously outside exceptional circumstances. While this is not a certainty, it is highly likely you will be required to appeal CMP thirty days after a successful MP appeal.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your ckey is Hoboe777

Notes:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be handling your appeal.

Instead of having you explain note by note, why don't you start by telling me what you think you did wrong in the last instance, and what you think you should have done as a CMP if you wanted to give a NJP?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in the wrong for heading planet-side without waiting for full confirmation from the CO, I usually shy away from going planet side but since during that round the suspects in question (the TC) ran over and atom smashed the first supply drop and shot several marines in the first drop I thought it would have been wise to be in the FOB with another MP in standby since the CO was considering their arrest, I acted out of my own will without considering the consequences. As for the stunning the marine that was a poor choice in role play and judgement because I assumed the marine would be okay with me stunning them because they were bothering me about "morphine" and "solution to pain" even though I was the CMP. I wasn't trying to harm them nor bar them from participating in the round but I realize that you shouldn't be stunning without a good reason and I realized this when the admin confronted me, I shouldn't have argued that it was an NJP since it wasn't and I said it was out of panic because I was already in hot waters from deploying ground side and staying idle, and I thought saying to the admin that I stunned batonned the marine because of "roleplay" is a really stupid reason to say. Usually when I apply proper NJP's I just make the marine recite an apology or properly say a statement with proper manners and addresses such as sir or ma'am.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have a lot and I mean a lot of bad notes for bad MP related behavior.
    Staff are hesitant to give you another shot at this one. However, I want to make sure you understand marine law.

So we're gonna do something a little different and give you a quiz.

1. You are a MP and have arrested a Charlie Squad Engineer and Alpha Squad Engineer for fighting over the only mortar in the operation. There is a RO, CMP, and XO on board. No CO on board. The XO demands that you release both Engineers as they are vital to the operation and says "IM PARDONING THEM." What would you do?

2. You are an MP and a SO has demanded that PFC Jane Doe be arrested for insubordination over comms insult. While you have detained Jane, multiple PFCs come forward and you determine it was someone else who said the remark. What would you do?

3. You are an MP, and you witness two marines fist fighting, before you can break it up, you observe that the other marine stops breathing, and goes lifeless. You detain and investigate determining that both marines we're having a mutual friendly contest, and he beat the other death by accident. What's the charge?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Explain to the XO that only the CO can pardon and that the MP department has more authority in the application of Marine Law cases especially if they are in custody and that I will consider the situation and context and consider a timer reduction.

2 Situational, depends on the attitude and actions of the people involved, how much people are involved, and the context, if the SO was abusing the insub setting on the console and I determine that the setting was at least not semi-justified I would move the arrest to low priority, or unset and scold the SO. This is like usually never the case and most of the time of when an officer requests verbally using comms for an arrest before deployment I will attempt the make the arrest. Usually with lower timer crimes I just apply an NJP anyways. But if the Jane was already in custody for such a short crime like insub. Three or less squaddies with their bias wouldn't hold too much sway over me unless with extremely rare special circumstances. Still I would look into it further because I have basically rarely seen basic PFC marines rat out other marines unless it involves themselves. Usually I have all squads comm on as CMP and can personally determine if they are correct or not. But yeah the low timer and lack of solid evidence from the marines would mean Jane would stay in jail unless the marines somehow make me genuinely reasonably doubt the setting or if like 5+ marines start busting my balls for a fucking five minute timer then I would start to get suspicious. Most of the time the SO is justified but like I said it's rather situational.

3. Hah! Since when do marines kill each other with fists? They do like minimal damage unless they don't have body armor. Anyways, manslaughter for the killer, have a MP ready to detain the dead guy after revival and charge them with assault. Question both and be in brig to hear an appeal from the killer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3. Honestly now that I think about it if it was brutal enough that someone was killed by fists then my initial charge would probably be murder if I didn't know the setting of the situation, but it wouldn't be that hard for the killer to convince me it was manslaughter or maybe somehow less if they at least semi-tried to convince me with their appeal and the person who died didn't object.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on you should give me something harder , like if CO and event Honor Guard want you to arrest the other, riot/mutinies, or survivor procedure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to stress that I know what am doing and the rate of how much I play CMP compared the frequency that I acquire MP notes (weeks or months apart sometimes) is very low, one of them is a marine throwing a fit spending the whole round antagonizing me and throwing a fit while spamming the admins because I stunned them out of the briefing dome when they bumrushed it, and another is a CT who spent like 30 minutes yelling that he couldn't get the req stamp and after me kindly using my time to get it for him and throwing it to him, got pissy because I took a cargo key for convenience, and I know I shouldn't be asking for a mile when I get a inch but I would like to ask for the CMP role appealed as well because me making another appeal in a month with your massive page of pending appeals I would think would be painful for everyone, but it's your judgement.