User Tag List

View Poll Results: Remove/replace Corporate Liaison?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

57 45.97%
  • No

67 54.03%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Do we really need the Corporate Liaison anymore?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm mad because the thread topic question and the poll question are completely fucking opposite which made me vote Yes when I intended to vote No

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same Tetrino.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah I also voted yes by accident

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The devs took the time to introduce the objective system and it is entirely pointless. This should all fall within the wheelhouse of the CL, to incentivize smaller map-based objectives beyond fighting aliens. We already tolerate massive randomization in every round, from racist Asian stereotype captains ordering bonzai charges, to unshackled marine slaughtering predators, to pizza boy ERTs. If the CL gets marines to fight for, and collect, a bunch of data discs does it really matter 60 minutes into the round if he unlocks a free HPR, a 2-man PMC escourt or unlocks some crazy shit that lets him take over the ship or something? There is no balance to be upset, so why not add something fun?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreskar View Post
    I did it... I did it boys and girls

RP'd my ass off, and came out with a legendary round of CM as the Liason, it was fucking glorious!
    You have no idea what CL is like until you roll him in a zombie round, PMCs called, and you very nearly escape with a crabbed and infected marine. But I just had to call the Captain a nazi. Heinz stormed the PMC shuttle, BE�d every last one of us, and gibbed the marine. That�s what�s called a heartbreak

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy shit, that sounds hilarious.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikman View Post
    You have no idea what CL is like until you roll him in a zombie round, PMCs called, and you very nearly escape with a crabbed and infected marine. But I just had to call the Captain a nazi. Heinz stormed the PMC shuttle, BE�d every last one of us, and gibbed the marine. That�s what�s called a heartbreak
    The round started oddly, conversations with the command staff were hostile to say the least but I brushed it off, it wasn't like I would need to deal with them again [foreshadowing] and instead I focused on conversation with the researcher and filling out my reports on initial inspection and the briefing. Well when the marines deployed they found a dead Beta Queen and her eggs, so brought both the corpse and the eggs back on the ship which let me get a ton of pictures and snag one of the eggs personally. A LT and the researcher planted the eggs in the research containment pods at which point the LT was facehugged. I got in a conversation with the researcher about their discoveries which let me report back to Wey Yu how dangerous they were, while the LT began complaining a lot of heartburn and indigestion but refused to go to the doctors and instead took pills.

While the researcher was out I checked back on the pods and took some pictures which is when a chestburster came out of a monkey and was colored green like the beta queen. It kept trying to be friendly constantly nuzzling against me after it slipped out of containment and then was 'sad' when it was dragged off by the XO who executed it on the bridge because the LT died and it was all that snake's fault. I went back to my office to report what happened when a runner alien crawled out of the vent, I dashed from the room closing the shutters as I went but the runner slipped out into the hall with me and began biting my face off before an MP saw it and shot it thus chasing it off. Red alert was called the Company wanted me to capture it for them but the MP's and an SO I believe managed to corner and kill it.

The marines then began to evac the planet because they were getting their ass kicked and I mentioned this to the Company who expressing pride and appreciation for all my efforts were sending a special PMC team to assist me. At this point I left my room and found every MP on the ship waiting in my office, to which I asked what was going on.

"Well uh... you see, you are being taken hostage." At this point one of the MP's ran up and tasered me before they slapped the cuffs on and began dragging me into the hall just as the PMC arrived at my door. I went kicking and screaming as they were dragging me to the CIC while the PMC tried to stop them without opening fire. This didn't work and soon enough I was in the CIC where the captain quickly said "Uh he is being charged with Treason and awaiting trial!" Shame the MP already admitted it was an illegal siezure before to try and convince the PMC to help the marines defend the ship. After the experience I had with Captain Frost I told them to eat me and ordered the PMC to get me out of the chair. One of the PMC was aimed at an MP and forgot to allow movement.

Bang a shot rang out and there was a gunfight on the bridge, the MP's were severely wounded with a couple dead, and the PMC's were mostly dead save a couple survivors because PMC aren't immune to MP flash spam. One of the shittier MPs dragged me around in the chair and kept flashing me every 10 seconds to try and stop me from getting out of the chair. Told him to cut the shit or admins would get involved, he could stop me but stop abusing the flash over and over. After this CIC was under heavy siege, people were dying and I was talking about how much of an incompetent shithead the Captain was and ready to watch them all die. Well the shitter MP got tired of watching me and ran off, which gave me enough time to get out of the chair, before one of the surviving PMC ran over to me and undid the handcuffs screaming "RUN it is the only way!" So me and the PMC started to run, just as the benos abandoned attacking the front of the CIC to come in from the three other sides.

I made it out of the cades and ran into a carrier before I was facehugged and the carrier began dragging me back towards my office. I should have been dead but the carrier was called back to the CIC to help them finish off the rather tough defenses so he left me outside my office. I got up and went to my door but it was unpowered. I remembered the researcher had brought a toolbox into the research lab and it likely had a crowbar in it, and double lucky the chief engineer had hacked into the lobby of the research lab because the LT that died from chestbursting couldn't get in and wanted to see what happened after he was crabbed. So I make it into the lobby get my crowbar, am just about to touch my door when the FUCKING QUEEN showed up, screeched, made a nest, put me in it and then wandered off to help CIC siege.

I resist with all my might, talking to myself, making a plan out loud and finally break out, grab the crowbar and open the door... it was the fucking janitor closet and I couldn't tell cause it was too piss off dark. So I went to the next door and it was powered... OOF... well now I can go into my room, which had the back door melted off and grab the implant case, all my research notes and photos, and the egg. I couldn't pick the egg up for some reason so I started dragging it to the life pod. Life pod is gone.

Well shit, plan B, I begin going back through my room, grab the armor, toss the gun aside cause if the marines can't even fight the benos what is my mod pistol gonna do? [ICly of course, the 88 mod 4 OOC is pretty nasty on burst] and begin working my way through the maintenance tunnels to try and get back to the PMC shuttle so I can take off. I will try and find some stasis bags or some shit while I am there. I am just outside upper engineering maintenance when two boilers show up and acid me down then get on either side of me in the maintenance tunnel as the round ends and proceed to just dance on either side of me. I was so damn close the chat dubbed it a CL Major un-ironically.

THAT IS HEARTBREAK.. we would have had a successful extract with insanely valuable assets for Weyland Yutani if Captain Frost wasn't such a metagaming shitter who somehow thought taking someone hostage would bring them around to your side. Jesus the OP was run like shit and Frost was fucking terrible the entire round, I hope I don't ever experience him as CO again cause he is bad.
    Last edited by Dreskar; 01-09-2019 at 07:26 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreskar View Post
    [...]
    Instead of ranting on about the round you could just leave it as the RP situation it is instead of throwing insults at the OOC player. This doesn't quite contribute to the thread either, what is this for?

Anyway, CL as it currently stands is useless, he basically acts like a head researcher with W-Y contacts, since he spends most of his time in RnD or try to get something from command regarding an experiment or something else (or god forbid one of these NDAs). Actually, having the researchers be contracted by W-Y and the head researcher be their "liaison" would make for a good scenario, really.

With head researcher in his place, he would even be able to complete all the things a current CL would do regarding sample collection, colony visits etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CL is essentialy a role that is as fun as the player can make it. I usually go for the annoying CL that is obviously not helpful whines about everything and is petty. It's a lot of fun usually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExGame View Post
    Instead of ranting on about the round you could just leave it as the RP situation it is instead of throwing insults at the OOC player. This doesn't quite contribute to the thread either, what is this for?

Anyway, CL as it currently stands is useless, he basically acts like a head researcher with W-Y contacts, since he spends most of his time in RnD or try to get something from command regarding an experiment or something else (or god forbid one of these NDAs). Actually, having the researchers be contracted by W-Y and the head researcher be their "liaison" would make for a good scenario, really.

With head researcher in his place, he would even be able to complete all the things a current CL would do regarding sample collection, colony visits etc.
    It was meta not RP hence why I throw shade, also it fits in with the idea of keeping CL as is, while I think what the captain did was beyond stupid the rest of the round was thoroughly enjoyable and fit in with the CL being the most fun role I have ever played in the server. I think CL needs very little changes from what it is now, my big ones would be 1) Make it a whitelist [you chose to play it, not stumble into a role you didn't know was HRP focused] 2) Make automated messages that play sometimes, just having a simple keep it up would be good enough honestly if it doesn't come from every report. 3) Give CL a bodyguard, this would be my most extreme change I would personally make and don't think it is needed in the slightest but could be done to keep the CL protected from more of the unga bunga level marines and staff.
    Last edited by Dreskar; 01-11-2019 at 04:04 AM.