User Tag List

View Poll Results: Remove/replace Corporate Liaison?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

57 45.97%
  • No

67 54.03%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Do we really need the Corporate Liaison anymore?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just want to add, I like playing the CL, it's good to roleplay as, but I rarely see the slot open. People who take the role, and then don't want to play it, are a problem that could be dealt with by the rules.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love seeing all the anti-CL posts start with, �Well I haven�t played this role myself�.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidofmk771 View Post
    I think a good idea is to tie-in the CL and possibly an 'Intelligence Officer' role (such as this suggestion) with the DEFCON system. Perhaps the CL and IO can compete with each other to acquire intel. The rewards for intel could be unique depending on which side acquires more, such as the CL being able to order unique weapons and Freelancers, or the Intelligence Officer ordering dropship ammo and restricted military hardware.
    This could lead to an interesting change in gameplay as the corporate spook competes with the government spook for the loyalty of command, the crew, and the marines.
    Agree completely. Maybe add in some "Prisoners dilemma" to it so its possible to work together, or try and hoard the intel, so the two sides have a reason to not always be hostile to each other, an advantage if they do.

Would also add more round variety. Maybe the marines and company work together, or maybe the CL installs his own regime, without so much admin reliance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The CL is in the same spot that the Researcher role is in, ironically. There need to be a circle of effects , along side the RP, to make the role have both player feedback and round function.

That circle is also ironic to the fact, marines are heading to facilities with The Company ownership ALL OVER it, Literally a CL owns groundside on behalf of the company. When I thought of the CL role, I always wondered why don't I :

-have a keycard to key ground/station areas and/or secure storage?
    -have a 'Mini CIC' to command so to get ship side things approve for company conduct?
    know 'round secrets' like what a crashed ship contained, or a hidden terminal for colony black data.
    -have some form of interplay of my goals, and working around the marines direct military goals. Something game mechanic supported just like how a whole SS13 crew worked to a round score

and then later:
    It there is DEFCON, why not a 'Company Metric' for making the most of the operation and resources?

The CL is basically a walking treasure chest for how much marines can get out of the facilities and survivors
    In fact I WISH there were more survivor heavy/survivor-rescuing rounds so CL + Intel Officers have a meta to play with.
    I heartily agree the CL should have the original SS13 Syndicate model ( not an antag, just the setup ) and decide how they want to carry out the round. Items and notes to either be 'Lawful (company lean), Neutral, or Chaotic (Liaison of Alamyer) would be big news. There needs to be that jursidiction play that officers can interact to the CL with.

Its nothing too fancy as the pieces are already laid out. CL is a role that needs to built up, that's all. A role that can scale to simple play to a powerful round booster with concerted effort. At the barest, a score system would be great for now and CL players can just do what they want on the objective list ( or list if it gets tiered ).

PS. I'm wishing hard for the day a CL, Researcher, an IO, and some survivors to get something rolling in-round like a mystery bus gang.
    Last edited by SunaLova; 05-14-2019 at 11:43 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CL needs the ability to gain Intel and special crap, BUT not without effort.

Maybe something akin to the Defcon system involving paperwork? But in a way that it can't be bullshitted.

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDexFiles View Post
    CL needs the ability to gain Intel and special crap, BUT not without effort.

Maybe something akin to the Defcon system involving paperwork? But in a way that it can't be bullshitted.
    Maybe he'd need to make copies of the intel and would sometimes need to destroy key pieces of intel.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, regarding things for the CL to do, myself and my staff buddies have made it a goal to respond to the CL (and, if nothing else, just give them a couple little side activities or things to do). And there are others who have expressed a desire to want to work with the CL more.

I personally started very recently and I haven't been at it for more than a week, but if you send a fax and I'm not busy/in-game, I will respond to it. The thing about faxing back, though, is that mods aren't in a position to give you legitimate mini-events. So we have to word and monitor our faxes very carefully to make sure they aren't misinterpreted by the more... excitable of CLs. Because if they then went and killed a survivor over a fax that said "have a talk with them" or something, that'd pretty much be on us.

As for creating an automated objective system or something, I think it'd be interesting and perhaps viable, but definitely not anywhere on the priority list. That being, said, it's also not my department, so *shrug.

TL;DR, don't get rid of CL, we're working on making it more enjoyable. But ultimately, part of CL is just making your own fun. The freedom of it is part of the appeal, really; it's the only job where you can do practically nothing and not get arrested for NOD or bwoinked. You're always welcome to play marine roles if you want some activity - and when you want to kick back for some more laid-back, player-controlled gameplay, the CL role will be waiting for you.

PS: just play CL when there's staff on who are known to respond to faxes.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scsnv View Post
    PS: just play CL when there's staff on who are known to respond to faxes.
    How to know that? It isn't like anyone writes at the end of each fax: "PS: Itsa me! John Titor!"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just have to know the community. Overlord is very well known for responding to faxes often. Dubszor enjoys sending spam faxes, as do others. And so on.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scsnv View Post
    You just have to know the community. Overlord is very well known for responding to faxes often. Dubszor enjoys sending spam faxes, as do others. And so on.
    How do you find this out without deliberately asking admins who may not answer or being a mod/admin?
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere