• Some other crap

2 3.70%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chances of another server

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other server doesnt have to be a 1 to 1 clone. In my initial post I talked about making the guns damage more lore accurate I guess the point im trying to make is maybe split the servers to split the playerbase.

some players like the LRP shittlery whilst others would prefer a more RP character driven server the uhh concept was why dont we alter a second server to fit the needs amd this way both audiences are happy with the outcome plus less server lag.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    few things, i like being a sticker for marine law and SOP as MP, but people get pissy and try to get their squad to lynch me whenever they can't prove me wrong, then whenever i try to respond with an appropriate amount of force to squad hazings, i feel like shit curity even though it's the epitome of that hannibal burress why you yelling at me? I'm right gif

also RP'ing the infestation, xenos, colony, etc gets tiring very fucking fast, which is why people don't often do it

also also, people often rush due to balance reasons, because the marine's best chance of winning is to rush before the queen flexes with T3s

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is with the game and community on the whole. Making more servers will not assist at all. Nor do constant crashes thank you byond. The server has so many issues that need addressing.

Even funnier when you consider that the 'Heavy RP' side of the server's player base was extremely small in the first place, putting artificial blocks to enforce it when the game doesn't allow it will fail because large amounts people will just walk around the wall rather than scale it so they can have some fun. So buckle up and read.

RP

Years ago RP was enforced to the point that saying 'runner' rather than 'red dog' was frowned on and people got punished for it. It wasn't popular and logical arguments as to why it was a shit idea caused a change in the end. Over the years RP has changed via these arguments and the fact that the same RP over and over is boring and generally shitty to do when the game changes for faster and faster formats. Now the only real RP you get that is allowed is what you generally see now. Some might call it LRP but I just see it as normal really, can't blame the people playing like it because any deviation to it has reports / boinks out the ass in response, or a quick and boring death. After all, the rules, admin tools and community don't really allow for much deviation outside of the circular cookie cutter. Can't have a fight with someone unless you follow a blueprint, can't exactly do much as a CL unless you have a group of people (you would most likely meta know) that will help you out. etc.

Events are mostly bad with little to no real thought put into them. Tank battles where one tank gets a zoom function while the other can't is bad design. One side having silly advantages such as unlimited numbers landing on the ship with little counter play, or massive disadvantages such as numbers or the equipment being extremely shit, is bad design. Not to mention that as soon as someone thinks of something rather smart as a counter to the event, admins will actively mess with the player who did that just because the game master that round is pissed. For example: We had a round I was delta SL in, land on the planet and do anti beno things all while a anti ship missile system was in place. Orders were to scout out the area in the jungle and we found this missile silo. Inside, combat synths, seeing as it was a missile silo that was shooting at our ship I did the smart thing after spending 5 minutes trying to sort shit out with the synth, command and my squad. I just walked outside near the silo and placed down a OB beacon. Within two seconds a mod deleted the beacon wordlessly and did not refund a piece of equipment that was extremely uncommon at the time. It was pre-ordained that delta was to lose a large amount of manpower to fight synths off in this silo, needless to say delta robusted the shit out of the silo with minimal losses against multiple synths armed with decent weapons. Killing the event there as it was solved the 'correct' way. Yet blasting the silo from space was not kosher, the way delta did it was to stop doing shitRP and just blast the shit out of people too caught up in typing and just get on with the round.

In short, creative RP has to be within X, Y and Z or it's likely to get you slapped regardless of marine lol (IC) while RP events set up for people are generally not fun due to how unfair some of them are.

Gameplay
    People will always whine about balance but no one ever takes a second to look to their favored side when they argue balance. The arguments are normally filled with bias horseshit. For example, xenos weak, marines stronk argument. In reality marines often get crippled in a couple of hits and killed with a couple more. Xenos on the other hand tend to have armour bail them out quite often and escape some bad situations while getting blasted. Now that's the reality check, why do marines win so much? well I'd argue that the 'good' core of the xenos that were robust and knew how to win have effectively stopped playing, which leaves people who are not able to carry xenos to wins. Example: Symbiosis.
    In the time I've returned to play and watch, I once again have seen poor plays by xenos over and over. From baiting marines right when they land right to their hive, what do you want people to do? Stop chasing people who were retarded enough to start shit without thinking about getting hit? I have also seen queens actively meta target someone so much that they put themselves into a really bad position and die soon after. Queens deovi early, T3's (boiler in this case) on the wrong side of the fog at 12:30 dying etc.

Sure marines are strong right now but nerfing them or super buffing xenos is solving nothing. Once more, as many have argued, xenos should actually get good for once instead of getting a piggy back ride because large amounts of them are bad. Marines on the other hand have had most of their balances focus around trying to bring weapons not often used into line with the meta duo that roll around right about now. There has been speculation of nerfs inbound for things like buckshot but I can bet as soon as these nerfs hit, xenos will still lose. Xenos effectively win now when they are not functionally retarded and actually put effort to capture moron marines rather than actively murder boning everything in sight. The hive has thicc walls now and a few tricks to dunk marines who get confident. They'd rather just call meta rush every round because it's convenient, yet most of the time I've seen it or watched people talk about it, it's normally a xeno baiting them or a lack of creativity that leads to extremely short rounds that are stale. Surface ice hive was a recent move that while xenos lost, had marines guessing because LZ2 is the only landing zone worth anything because ice, it effectively caught them out and had them spend a lot of time wandering around.

For marines the medical side of things is really really strong but also relies on medics knowing exactly what to do to reduce deaths and wounded getting worse. The weapons are actively in flux with some nerfs on the way anyway. Walkmans make marines OP because they actually listen to cool music and get into xeno removal mindsets like a certain musical kebab removal team. Almost every department on the ship is extremely busy with work to do so people pick it up quickly and become well oiled machines. The only department that goes against that is the MPs because marine lol is involved. Other than that, marines right now are at a good spot where they are surprisingly effective without bullshit balance reasons attached mostly due to the fact that they have become rather good at their role on the whole. After all, the pressures they face all the time forces them to adapt. Light is directional, their armour is not actually all that good against a decent xeno, bullets are bad for wall and door clearance, weapons in constant flux along with tactics. All of the things the marines face forge them into better players.

Speed of games is also another thing. Much like trying to set a winrate, setting round length as a design is a retarded thing to aim for. Sure sitting out of a round is boring as shit sometimes but some rounds lasting 6 hours is rare. Right now the idea is one and a half hours to two hours being right. So the game and its balance tries to reflect that as well. Que complaints.

As a side note, some elements of the xenos UI is bugged as fuck and really need fixing asap to allow xenos to play more effectively, I feel bad for the bugs some of them are suffering and I hope they are fixed soon.

Stats
    As someone brought this up a while back, "tracking stats has made the game feel like a TDM". Reality check, this was a TDM with some thin RP slapped on. Removing it solves nothing and detracts from the useful information that stat tracking actually gives. It leads to personal improvements and also provides a lot of information to help build opinions around balance outside of spending time watching the hudbars in rounds.

Staff and how they deal with shit
    Staff overall in my eyes have become lazy and extremely inconsistent at times. 'Suck my dick' was a ERP warning to one admin while others gave no fucks etc. thank fuck a rule change came about. But for RP well that's even funnier and the staff calling for harsher enforcement make me laugh. I don't see any positive methods of actually doing that right now.

There's also the point of having marine lol cover it, which will lead to 'round start shenanigans' which people don't give a shit about and will do anyway mostly because of how powertrippy and unrobust some MP players (mains) are (Not to mention the shaky understandings of marine lol anyway). Arguments happen at every step of a ruling or enforcement as everything gets dragged into the gutter not through the fault of the playerbase but rather the staff's way of running things in so many bizarre directions. When a server crashes for instance, people will most likely shitpost on discord. A couple staff will whine and no one will give a fuck because the server is down, who gives a shit? a couple of staff members that's all.

The priorities are all over the place and any words of punishing LRP is falling on deaf ears as people know that staff can't decide what LRP (or anything by extension), is without some vague ruling that no one will know about because it's not actively recorded for all eyes to see and say, 'Yeah so we have an idea on what we can and can't do' which leads to more arguments. Just go over the reports section and you will see people whine about pardons, meta rushes (covered earlier), BEs that lead into massive marine lol problems and so on.

Needless to say that some staff members are actually doing their best but often seem to get dragged into a quagmire just trying to get shit done. On the other hand, some staff members that actually NEED to play the game don't play often and are out of touch so much, they either join the game for 30 minutes a month or join to run another stale event that causes people to argue. These are the people you don't want out of touch and making rulings or updates.

It's a point to say that staff on the whole, as one bad part brings down the whole, need to unfuck themselves slightly if they expect any level of staff intervention to work well for an extended period rather than two weeks before people revert to what they want to do again. That or even more arguments over rules.
    Last edited by Mann handle; 09-14-2019 at 08:04 PM.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
    IMO, MP's should be required to enforce all crimes, especially LRP stuff, including the dress code. Within the staff team we are doing our best to cut down on the LRP shenanigans, but it's hard due to how much there is and how many of us there are.
    Average player: Hates MPs and considers them a soft-grief role.

Staff: MORE MP ACTIVITY

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    Average player: Hates MPs and considers them a soft-grief role.

Staff: MORE MP ACTIVITY
    It allows for the issue to be dealt with ICly, which, imo is the better of the two options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It allows for the issue to be dealt with ICly, which, imo is the better of the two options.
    Which then leads to captains getting involved and marines causing riots like always. All over something extremely petty that someone wants to trip over. The way you word it is that they should become something equivalent of mini mods who waltz around and brig people, sure that's what MP mains like to do, just don't expect to have less work because everyone knows what will happen.

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usually an IC handling isn't the best way to go about it because it leaves it in the hands of quirky MP mains

sirlordington took apop tier marine law and made it worse -- it really needs to be reworked with someone who doesn't have some backwards bay milrp in mind.

the problem is that an IC punishment might as well be an OOC one, because half time time you're not gonna be playing the round anyways because of the existence of "minimum and maximum" charge, rather than having a progression based first offense, second offense, third offense system

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yo support the forced cyro proposal at least we can force the perma fools to play xeno and make sure TCs arent holding the tank hostage

Oh and Pollard yes we all want to split the pop so it isn't lag fest with 9000 ppl but we all know the more populated server with less RP standards will be the popular one with all the players

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Creating another server like Goon did will do nothing to solve the issue. IMO, MP's should be required to enforce all crimes, especially LRP stuff, including the dress code. Within the staff team we are doing our best to cut down on the LRP shenanigans, but it's hard due to how much there is and how many of us there are."

Again this server has one of the most amount of moderators and other staff, we were perfectly fine 6-9 months ago on the LRP bullshit. Staff just got extremely fucking lazy for no reason whatsoever and only does something if theres a constant influx of ahelps or its a really big problem. Example: Hivemind in its current state, this is literally shitposting memes and a bunch of netspeak that despite having 4 mods on and 2 admins and a manager, nothing is literally done about it. Don't keep blaming the playerbase when you guys are incharge to MODERATE that SAME playerbase and constantly let them get away with LRP shit. There will never be a plan for a actual other server due to the simple fact moderation team can't even enforce rules on 1 server what makes you think they're gonna do both. Staff has gotten completely lazy and they have this inner retarded civil war with the Developers and each side blames eachother for the LRP state of things when it literally falls onto the hands of the moderators of the server to enforce these fucking rules. The Devs are here just to work on the game you don't need scripting or whatever to create fucking roleplay scenarios lol.

Enforcing some retarded ass uniform dress code IC with sleeves and shit isn't gonna literally solve a damn thing at all, this isn't baystation. Reminder that we have a literal TDM aspect of the game so at most it would be Medium RP, putting HRP dumb shit isn't gonna solve the issue when you should just look forward to placing MRP level things in. Like literally just stop trying to put HRP aspects on a MRP server to try and brand yourselves off as HRP when you can't even enforce the shitposting that takes place on the game unless you get a spam of ahelps so you can stop afking on CM to get those weekly hours so you won't get removed for inactivity which is what half the staff does. How about instead of giving the brig more charges to stupid shit you add scenarios that can create fucking roleplay such as a canteen (which they already have) Rec time or what not. Brig is literally just sit AFK in a cell with a silent MP not saying shit to you at all. Then the MP players complain "HHURRRRR DURRR THERES NO FUCKING RPO!!!!!!" Stop looking for spoonfed RP in the brig, all you do is literally just stare at the prisoner and don't say shit but entrap them to insult you so you can keep stacking insub charges and eventually get them to perma.
    Last edited by Audi_Gzz; 09-14-2019 at 10:35 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But MPs want you stuck in the dungeon forever and ever.

The discussion isnt about RP but should we split the server so we can cut the player count... we hate dealing with high pop 200 ppl and game lagging to hell and back.