User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Can we do something about the metarushes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Otherwise no matter how much, or how little you add anything to help prevent meta rushes. If the map is still the same, guess what. You know for damn sure someone is gonna meta, cause just like life; everything becomes repetitive~

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Procedurly generated maps are a great way to have maps that might be swiss chess with no way for tank to move to more open then the Great Plains. It would need to have lots of variable checks and such. Bigger issue is it worth it to coders? If not it aint happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Randomgen maps aren't going to happen without a ton of work. There's so much to consider it's not even fun. It WOULD be amazing, but the issues are very large, not to mention the guaranteed roundstart lag.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xenos cant me-
    Oh wait
    Metarushes
    Yeah, those are the same copy and paste rushes each match.

Solution? Harder stance from the admemes side.
    Does not matter if "I couldnt know", just bwoink the rushers, tell them how it is, then fill their blood with chloral hydrate for easy captures.

As much as i despise xenos, noone deserves a metarush.
    Dont care if SLs, SGs and Specs are amongst the rushers, bam the cunts, sure, marines lose alotta firepower.
    Their fault for being cunts and rushing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred-Rattling-Reach View Post
    Xenos cant me-
    Oh wait
    Metarushes
    Yeah, those are the same copy and paste rushes each match.

Does not matter if "I couldnt know", just bwoink the rushers, tell them how it is, then fill their blood with chloral hydrate for easy captures.

As much as i despise xenos, noone deserves a metarush.
    Dont care if SLs, SGs and Specs are amongst the rushers, bam the cunts, sure, marines lose alotta firepower.
    Their fault for being cunts and rushing.
    okay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If only xenos had a way to stop marines from reaching their hive...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred-Rattling-Reach View Post
    How would you even begin to define a metarush though? Sure, you could beeline civilian residences on Prison Station, and that'd be a straight metarush. But suppose your smartgunner gets captured, the SO checks their location on the squad monitor, and it plainly states "Civilian Residences", wouldn't it then be logical to conclude that's the hive and to order a good chunk of your marines in that direction? Even if you play it safe and order only one squad in that direction, they're going to find resin walls and Xenomorphs all around them, and they're going to end up being reinforced for a general push to the hive anyway.
    A rule won't change anything. Indeed, rather than attempt to prevent metarushes, they should be accepted as a valid gameplay action, and there should be appropriate measures to counter them. Given the recent buffs and planned buffs to Xeno structures and the implementation of DEFCON that encourages mid to lategame action rather than early, I suspect the dev team are heading in this direction.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    > banning people for trying to have fun before being evacuated 10 minutes later

thats not a solution to a fundamental flaw of gameplay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jobban metarushers for 12 hours from USCM. Force them to either sit it out or play xenos. Walk a mile in their shoes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexpkeaton View Post
    Jobban metarushers for 12 hours from USCM. Force them to either sit it out or play xenos. Walk a mile in their shoes.
    That's a great solution!