Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Expected Contact RP Test

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal Gloire View Post
    All the younglings are already up in arms against this. Saying like "ew we have to do cringey RP". Like. Get over it. It's an RP game that involves fun things you get to kill eachother with. Don't hate on people for doing the right thing, or now better yet; just following the rules.

I personally like this. It allows for easier for both sides of the spectrum to avoid/enjoy RP without getting into trouble for slip ups.
    >uses the word younglings
    >joined August 2019

Bruh moment

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordLoko View Post
    First impressions: The freedom to say "xeno", "xenomorph" and its assorted castes makes marines look like children when their parents let them swear.
    We were already allowed to say "xeno", or "xenomorph" as this means literally "alien organism". With castes it's different kind of shoes. It's nice to have one, easy to understand name for every caste and only their original name does that.
    I'm calling benos "Scrin", yet 75% playerbase doesn't know what I'm talking about at all, so I imagine if I will start to call castes other than their real name (or distinguishing feature, like "Screecher" for Queen) then we will have bigger problem in communication that it already is with type-based news.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One issue I could see is a disconnect between people using 'nicknames' for xenos and others using their real names, easiest example being the Queen. This is more a IC RP issue but if you have people going 'Screecher!', 'Queen!', 'Big Momma', 'Xenoform!', etc, etc. Well it will be a issue.

If the Marine Corps at large is aware of the Xenoforms then there is no reason they've not created an official identification system for each known caste. An example, the NATO reporting name system refers to the Mil Mi-24 as the 'Hind'.

Ergo, I'd imagine the xeno caste names we have are the classification names the Marine Corp used. Mainly, there should be a push to make the Marines refer to xeno castes as their official classification.

Or at the very least, really push that you can call xenos their caste.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally, I can RP like this!

A good bug is a dead bug!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good move, this takes out so much of the tedious busywork RP of "oh wow its big lizards what are those wow" over and over, freeing up time for more Extreme Role Play

Destroy all Xendigos!

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A rather crude solution, but expected, considering most marines already basically play this way most, and if not all the time. This ought to make the rounds less awkward then, but I'll keep hoping against hope that the usual First contact RP scenario is reinstated and succesfully enforced at the end of the day.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the government knows in advance they're fighting aliens, why don't they just give every marine a microbomb implant or something similar so the aliens can't infect them or send in somebody more prepared to fight them than the USCM?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, at least now I don't have to wonder why marines don't know about xenos like...60 years after the movie Aliens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is a great step in the right direction as we can all finally just say 'another good bughunt' or something similar now. Though I will still keep calling runners 'red dogs' by reflex.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Megarop View Post
    If the government knows in advance they're fighting aliens, why don't they just give every marine a microbomb implant or something similar so the aliens can't infect them or send in somebody more prepared to fight them than the USCM?
    Easy, the Alamayer crew are bottom of the barrel and nobody would give a shit if we died. There's a post on the old forum about how the crew is mostly from a penal colony, and that's honestly just canon now in my eyes
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine