User Tag List

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Quit enforcing rp on xenos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    I like to imagine my xeno is sending pictures of cats he has seen doing funny things to his other xeno friends.

we already have one example of a hivemind in real life, its called reddit. Xenos are probably just like reddit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchee View Post
    Hivemind is just 2D 4chan
    Aaannnd with that I will already have a perfect day. That comparaison is absolutly killing me. X')

Quote Originally Posted by Troika View Post
    >STOP MEMEING
    >babby xenos literally say "reeee" as a sound effect
    That and calling the Queen "Mom", Queen Mother "Grand ma", "Mama".

The litteraly dance emote and the sheer fun with the REEEEEE is just what make me stay as a xeno whenever I play.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KuroNyra View Post

The litteraly dance emote and the sheer fun with the REEEEEE is just what make me stay as a xeno whenever I play.
    Unironically enjoying performing/writing/screaming "REEEEE"... Just benomains things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Unironically enjoying performing/writing/screaming "REEEEE"... Just benomains things.
    You need fun to be able to support a day.
    You need fun to enjoy a game.

If you cannot have fun, you just leave.

Being warned because I react to a "bloody" hilarious and seeing the monsters from my childhoods nightmare act like a giant gang of girl that just want to spread in peace is fun to me.
    And I ain't even xeno main! I play 80% of the time as a human!

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need fun to be able to support a day.
    You need fun to enjoy a game.

If you cannot have fun, you just leave.

Being warned because I react to a "bloody" hilarious and seeing the monsters from my childhoods nightmare act like a giant gang of girl that just want to spread in peace is fun to me.
    And I ain't even xeno main! I play 80% of the time as a human!
    You need fairplay to be able to support a day.
    You need fairplay to enjoy a game.

If you cannot have / do not want fairplay, you become benomain.

Being warned because of meme LRP is fairplay to me.
    And Benomain long ago lost meaning as "xeno main" alternative word and evolved. Now it's pretty much is a curse word to describe a state of mind. "Zoomer", "Boomer", "Libtard", "Cuckservative", "Anti-Vaxxer", "Flat-Earther", "Criminal", "Degenerate"... All those words are replaced by simple "Benomain". Marine Main can be Benomain, Xeno Main doesn't have to be Benomain.

I don't get those arguments like: "iN tHe PaSt MaRiNeS wErE sUpPoSeD tO rP. nOt BeNoS!!!!!111111111oneoneoneone1111!!!", or "wE dOn'T kNoW hOw BeNoS tHiNk!!!!". For fircking sure they don't think of human memes. For damned sure they don't have any culture. For fucking sure they are just artifically constructed biomechanical organisms, which have only one purpose: "Assimilate (and if impossible) kill everything in the galaxy".
    Wants to meme as vore(ing?) monster? Vore station is down there. Oh wait. Even they don't take SS13 as mindless memefest, there are million games that do that. By the rules we are not allowed to Metagame, or perform OOC actions IC. Benos doing shit like "REEEE" speak out of character more than Marines who are humans from the future after all. Memes had to exist in their history, so it's a bit more belivelable, but abuse (like every abuse) is bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fairplay? What?

What does that EVEN have to do with the situation?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fairplay? What?

What does that EVEN have to do with the situation?
    "fair play
    /ˌfɛː ˈpleɪ/
    noun
    noun: fairplay
    respect for the rules or equal treatment of all concerned."

Either we are all allowed to be memers in the game, or none of us are. Either every single player has to obey rules, or none of them has to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And during that time, being a unga is totally tolerated.

You can be a marine that don't give a fuck about orders without any kind of troubles.
    You can be a FOB Squad that decide to go for a walk and no one can do a thing about it.

During that time, every Xeno at least follow the basic orders of the Queen.

But who get the wipe when something "LRP" is done?
    ... Yeah, the xeno.

What was it about the Fairplay?
    " respect for the rules or equal treatment of all concerned."

So either the unga that don't even follow orders get warnings, or you let the xenos have there fun while they still follow the queens order.

Because just 3 days ago, Bravo Squad, FOB. We had a match were 20 of our 30 marines decided to fuck off the FOB and get to the front line. Was the situation called? Yes.
    Was something done? No.
    Did the FOB got rekted and the humans badly cut off and destroyed? Hooo yes!
    Last edited by KuroNyra; 11-26-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And during that time, being a unga is totally tolerated.

You can be a marine that don't give a fuck about orders without any kind of troubles.
    You can be a FOB Squad that decide to go for a walk and no one can do a thing about it.

During that time, every Xeno at least follow the basic orders of the Queen.

But who get the wipe when something "LRP" is done?
    ... Yeah, the xeno.

What was it about the Fairplay?

So either the unga that don't even follow orders get warnings, or you let the xenos have there fun while they still follow the queens order.

Because just 3 days ago, Bravo Squad, FOB. We had a match were 20 of our 30 marines decided to fuck off the FOB and get to the front line. Was the situation called? Yes.
    Was something done? No.
    Did the FOB got rekted and the humans badly cut off and destroyed? Hooo yes!
    You get IC troubles for not obeying orders. You get OOC troubles for that if you are SL and higher.
    As a beno, you don't have to obey "Basic" orders from the Queen. You are not allowed to not obey direct orders from the Queen that won't put you in great danger.
    While being beno, you face OOC note for not obeying Queen, as PFC, marine risks his own life to BE.
    While being beno, it's beneficial for the hive to obey orders from the Queen, thus benos are forced. As a Muhrine, it's disadvantageous for USCM to not obey orders, thus marines are not forced. By the staff own words: "We have a leeway in RP for marines if it screws them over".

What low RP you can do as Marine that you can't do as Beno currently? "REEEE" is frowned upon on both sides. I'm willing to bet my own ass that staff would punish both players for low RP. Swastikas are frowned upon on both sides. Netspeak is frowned upon on both sides.

I will also play "staff" card here: It's impossible to enforce entire squads to obey orders. You can't literally ban 20 people and this is one reason why this is the way it is. In contrast, tracking down beno who shouts "epic gamer moment" after killing a marine is rather easy and it only involves punishing only one player.

"What was it about the Fairplay?
    "
    Lets see the rules: "Rule 2. Roleplay - CM-SS13 is intended to be a Medium Roleplay server. Play a reasonably realistic character. Treat your character as a separate entity from you, the player. Your character's actions, feelings, and knowledge in-game should be based solely on the character's experiences and not your own as the player. Each round is a fresh start with no knowledge of the previous one carrying over."
    I don't see here benos, or marines excluded from this rule. They both have to obey it. How staff enforces this rule it's their own different and separate case. Don't complain about marines for things that staff is responsible.

In the end: As every thread, Not mChat shout, every post and such... It's all worthless and meaningless. I don't enforce those rules, you don't enforce this rules. I don't make this rules, you don't make this rules. Complain to the "higher power", because I'm pretty fine with the way benos are treated. Marines most likely should be forced for bigger standards, like each marine can shout LRP only once and next "occurance" will be bwoinkable to improve RP (that now is mostly composed of memes in terms of marines and 99.9999% composed of memes in terms of the little bread crumbs that beno RP is).
    Last edited by CABAL; 11-26-2019 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Spelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I support MRP, including restrictions like "dont build smiley faces" and whatever.

But current xeno RP is kinda shit.
    "Bird" and "turtle", that's it. First of all it sounds stupid, dumber than red dog, at least that's amusing, and when the fuck have xenos seen a turtle or a bird?
    Also "retard" is a no-no word for some reason?
    There is just not much to engage with. There is no society. Every action is functional.
    The exception is synths (survivors mostly, crew synths tend to be boring machete tards) because you can TALK to them and a while ago they were the source of lots of interesting interaction when you get lucky and young runner didnt just attack it on sight.
    So people get bored and do spergy stuff.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkermain View Post
    I support MRP, including restrictions like "dont build smiley faces" and whatever.

But current xeno RP is kinda shit.
    "Bird" and "turtle", that's it. First of all it sounds stupid, dumber than red dog, at least that's amusing, and when the fuck have xenos seen a turtle or a bird?
    Also "retard" is a no-no word for some reason?
    There is just not much to engage with. There is no society. Every action is functional.
    The exception is synths (survivors mostly, crew synths tend to be boring machete tards) because you can TALK to them and a while ago they were the source of lots of interesting interaction when you get lucky and young runner didnt just attack it on sight.
    So people get bored and do spergy stuff.
    I instead cheer just the concept that some xeno mains are willing to go extra mile and scream "TURTLE" than "TANK". It might not be much, it might not make much sense, but it is something atleast. It is not enforced, you don't have to say it, but it's nice you do I guess. Like with marines, as PFC you are not forced to talk more than "*medic", however it is nice you do.

With "retard" I guess it's not just that particular word, but benos calling other xenos names for things like saying "Sky fire" instead of "OB" and "Metal Hive" instead of "Almayer".
    This is the kind of toxic players, literall benomains I was talking about. Bad to the exoskeleton.

I also have to remind that simply "talking" isn't really good RP. It's pretty lame RP just to stand around and talk. Chatrooms are for that. One could write pages on top of pages of *me and spam the chat with big ass speeches, while sitting on their ass not doing anything to reflect that.