User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Walling in corpses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Capturing is very much possible but not really in 1v1 because of tackle RNG and pain changes. The pain change is kinda bullshit since I can literally slash and delimb marines and they'll just keep fighting then suddenly die or enter crit.

When a marine group is being slaughtered just take the last few people and tackle spam them, 3-4 xenos for each capture is enough.
    The actual difficulty comes from some xenos not giving a fuck and zerging everyone to death, if 3 are spamming tackle and 1 is slashing the capture dies.

But anyone who plays the game can see this.. I mean marines are literally captured during rounds and put in nests.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkermain View Post
    snip
    I don't know how long you've played but we used to capture like 30+ marines a round. Now you are lucky to see 10 captures. Anyone who thinks capturing hasn't been nerfed wasn't here to see how it used to be or isn't paying attention. Capturing used to be possible 1v1, just yesterday BOO and I strugged to keep 1 survivor down while we had them trapped in a 1 tile hallway both spamming tackle on him as lurkers. Capturing is bullshit now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are saying it is harder, I agree. Some people are saying it is impossible, I disagree with that.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_bickie View Post
    Marines don't get wiped out in groups of 20 though. They get killed in a slow trickle and revived so the actual number of dead marines is almost zero.

Xenos literally die like flies. I have seen a single marines stunlock xenos to death (not runners) using shotguns. Or nade spam them. Or dose up on chems before fighting. Pain practically dosent exist anymore unless you have broken chest, head and are on 5% health which is when is does something other than a very small slow down.

Also whilst it's slightly harder to kill a xeno than a marine marines have infinite defib reinforcements whilst xenos can't capture/contain captures thanks to nerfs. So marines can trade 2 PFCs to a xeno and come out with zero dead PFCs and one dead xeno. super op xenos pls nerf.

Xenos have to retreat because marine ranged attacks can take them from 50% health to 0 in a second. Oh and if you get close doesn't matter. Buckshot then shot to death. Manage to slash that marine 5 times? Dead. Because you can't stun due to nuero/tackle nerfs and pain dosen't exist anymore (practically) and that marine can out damage you with a SMG.

Xenos don't win every time. But they don't win as much as you say they do. 80% xeno winrate devs bias reee. no CABAL it's barely 50-50.

Stop exegerrating, I'm not saying remove defib, but you shouldn't be unaging on the front line 1 minute after getting defibed. And you shouldn't be getting defibed long after your death. Why don't you go play xeno and see how that one kill that took you 10 rounds to get because buckshot/mass shooting gets undone by one guy with a defib and 30 seconds on his hands. Then tell me xenos are op.
    What you say can't be further from truth. How can Marines nearly not die permanently, while benos "drop like a flies", when it is always 1:3/1:4 ratio of benos to marines? If that was truth, then marines would enjoy 90% winrate, yet they most certainly don't.

Single marine literally can't stunlock benos without nade spam. There literally exist system that if beno is stunned, he is immune to any other stun for the duration of their stun. It's IMPOSSIBLE to stunlock beno. At best you can "chain stun" beno where said beno always stands up from the stun, runs atleast one tile and then gets stunned again. And you know what? That is fucking very hard to pull off as single marine.
    What chems can marine "dose up" before fight that actually helps during standard fight that lasts 10, maybe 20 seconds? CL meth? Good luck with using that longer. Pain still hits, but autoinjectors and pills are fairly common, that's why you don't see slow marines too much in combat (there also exist something that doesn't let pain kick immediately, so you have time to do something, most noticable during soft-crit that turns into hard-crit after several seconds, even if you are not receiving any more damage).

"... infinite defib reinforcements..." You don't even know that successfull defib causes heart damage. It's not infinite. Imagine arguing about something, while lacking objective knowlege.
    Xenos can't capture/contain hosts? You know you can slash marine to hard-crit and not kill him? You know that as warrior you can rip limbs off? You know that after hitting thrid neuro, marine lays down and at this point neuro spam is 100% accurate and puts him to sleep for about 1 minute? You know that you don't need many captures? Multiburst got you covered, from each marine you can pretty reliable get 3 larvaes. You know that marine who was captured, but killed himself in the nest will most likely stay perma dead? If you fail to guard a marine, you still permanently removed him from round. You know that tackle rate is still high that you can reliable engage single marines with disarm and sometimes even get lucky enough to stun on first attempt? You know what negative mutations benos always took when they existed? Tackle nerf. This says a lot about unnerfed beno society.

"Xenos have to retreat because marine ranged attacks can take them from 50% health to 0 in a second."? Outside of Young benos like: Drone, Runner, Lurker and Sentinel, what beno can lose 50% of his health in second (outside rocket, or nade)? It has to be literall firing squad to do that. Realisticaly, only two, or three marines will ever shoot at one beno and it takes enough time to let beno escape off-screen which fails only in long and thight corridors where marines can still shoot into general direction.
    You can't stun because neuro and tackle "nerfs"? Old neuro was cancer, if you miss it at this point, you are literall benomain. Now it's atleast fair, while overall it was a minor nerf to neuro. Three neuros and marine sleeps, one and he walks, two and he can't even say anything important on the radio.
    SMG outdamaging benos? Please, please, please. Read that again, go PFC, take one SMG as your primary and try to hurt benos. I bet you will kill them all in a blink of an eye.

"Xenos don't win every time. But they don't win as much as you say they do. 80% xeno winrate devs bias reee. no CABAL it's barely 50-50."
    Did I ever in this thread said how much benos win? All we know officialy now, it's aimed to be 40-60 with unofficial "winrate is not taken into consideration in terms of balance" posted and long forgotten on Reddit by Neth. Even if it is "barerly", devs work in sweat to bring it back to the rightfull benobiased winrate, because benomains "like their wins hard earned".
    As I writed above, how it is possible that benos die like flies, marines don't die permanently almost never, yet there is still supposedly around "50-50"? I scratch my head in wonder, how two statements that contradict with eachother can still not be wrong.

You shouldn't be ungaing as beno after 1 minute of healing from 10% of HP either, yet benos are and nobody has a problem with it. You can't be deffibed after 5 minutes from your death. 5 minutes is not long. I do play beno, each round I die as PFC, I pay as NOD defender and I don't see a problem in killing benos as this underappriciated caste. Buckshot? Meh, I can tank it and it is impossible to stunlock me, so I have no problem with that. It starts to be a problem when there is more marines around. But when there is more marines around, I simply don't fight without beno backup. Stop ramboing as single beno and then crying acid tears when well placed buckshot ended your murderboing.
    Benos who powergame and metagame freely and without any consequences are OP. I'm telling you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    I don't know how long you've played but we used to capture like 30+ marines a round. Now you are lucky to see 10 captures. Anyone who thinks capturing hasn't been nerfed wasn't here to see how it used to be or isn't paying attention. Capturing used to be possible 1v1, just yesterday BOO and I strugged to keep 1 survivor down while we had them trapped in a 1 tile hallway both spamming tackle on him as lurkers. Capturing is bullshit now.
    Survs have high "endurance" skill. This is not giving good example if compared to marines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that if a xeno has the safety and time to wall off a corpse, it is unlikely the marine could survive.

That said. When a player dies and they watch their corpse, if they saw a xeno walling off their corpse it would be like taking a salt shaker and shaking it over the marine player's head. Then the shaker's top falls off and the entire contents of the shaker spills down on the player (and dchat). Intentional or not, the marine's player would likely perceive it as intentional.

I don't think we need to make a change for the possibility of revival.

I DO think we need to make a change to reduce the sodium content.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol I'm playing drone next round

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexpkeaton View Post
    I believe that if a xeno has the safety and time to wall off a corpse, it is unlikely the marine could survive.

That said. When a player dies and they watch their corpse, if they saw a xeno walling off their corpse it would be like taking a salt shaker and shaking it over the marine player's head. Then the shaker's top falls off and the entire contents of the shaker spills down on the player (and dchat). Intentional or not, the marine's player would likely perceive it as intentional.

I don't think we need to make a change for the possibility of revival.

I DO think we need to make a change to reduce the sodium content.
    Come on, how much time it takes to wall off a corpse that is lying next to cave/metal wall for example? I bet my ass it's quicker that 5 minutes.

Literally: Make so that Walls change sprite when they are nearby defibbable corpse (up to 4-5 tiles). Problem solved, no rulings change needed, no admeme attention, or intervention needed. Salt removed.
    Will it be implemented? NO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Defib is a privilege, not a right.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok so basically I'd be ok with this if walls didn't take 900 mags and 20 handfuls of buckshot to destroy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, otherwise Marines just literally shoot through the walls in 25 seconds.