User Tag List

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: MP hate is a scam to lower RP standards - prove me wrong

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nichodemius View Post
    Ok what kit did you use? Chain multi cuffs? You manage to floor 15 marines cuff 15 and drag 15 to the jail? Undress 15,... No sorry a MP cannot arrest many at the same time.

Be prepared sure nothing wrong with that but my prep is preventing that situation in first place. What is your prep? With which you can arrest 15 at same time? I really want to know.

Alex:
    Even amongst delta. The infamous squad. If you handle them correctly they won't push you down if you arrest another delta that broke marine law.

It's hard though to talk about a situation when you just say hooliganism. You did not mention what he did, is it his first offense? Etc because perhaps a warning should have been your action. Or sometimes you have to stun first. The example is far from informing enough. Add a full story.

Edit:
    Perhaps a section where we discuss confusing arrests. Are you arrested think it's wrong post it and we can discuss it.
    Taser, two stun baton, a backpack/bible full of cuffs, if its looking like a sour operation, prep teargas and flashbangs.

Once a marine is cuffed, it's generally game-set-and-match for them unless they have external help, which is why you isolate them in locations where marines cant get them, such as the checkpoints. You then drag them one by one to another secure area, slowly moving to the brig, and stun anyone trying to break out of cuffs.

Its slow work but its doable, its very rare these days that something remotely like this happens, but it's an extreme example.

Anyway, I believe the topics strayed somewhat.

Overall, most people in the brig longer than 15 minutes did something which common sense tells most people not to do.
    Last edited by solidfury7; 12-23-2019 at 04:18 AM.

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove MPs and merge marine law into OOC rules, because of people like this ^^^

The Helllbanian CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    Snip
    Big post sorry for this but it must be done in detail with examples.

Actually I believe that it is very important and relevant to the topic. My first reply is about how we must clean up ourselves. Then allot of marines who resist / hate us / aid their squad will stop. Yes not all will stop but it will reduce from entire squads to 2-3 fixed people. And since they are the same idiots breaking the law usually it really means it is usually a single arrest of a known chucklefuck.
    We read many times its the same people but also mass mutiny resist and general blocking and pushing.

Mass stun. Then cuff re stun cuff restun. Till all are cuffed. Then move restun. And here I will call multiple arrest bullshit again. They will not stand still to decuff they run then decuff. So you must keep them floored until. Everyone is stuck in a nearby location they don't have access to. Then you can stun vs decuff and slowly route them to brig through secured locked down areas.

All of this you should not do!

The total time, general attitude of power house MP and mistakes you make securing them. Will cause so much hate it feeds into next rounds. They are players too.

You just increased the odds of it happening.

Now I will add we are forced by rules to make arrests when a certain magnitude is reached. (major +)

So let's now say you had to arrest for a major when the others began to help him.

Stun group. Mention clearly the reason you arrest major offender. Tell others to cease resisting and repeat why your arresting the offending marine. Then as they get up since you have time to cuff a group. You are robust enough to instead mark arrest any that move towards you / draw a gun while you restun. With all resistors marked. You imprison the offender. The group mentality resist will be less some break off. A lower number charges the brig. Have the shutters open as you entered.

Several or ideally one enters. Aoe stun mention trespass, interference with arrest. You now have the most eager chucklefuck gangman since he'll be point usually. Repeat.

A full squad topside usually means DS doesn't take long to land full of benos.

Hope it comes soon. In the end yes not all criminals where arrested. But they now know why. Allot of them broke off. Allot less hate is built up against you.

And again this is only a issue if it was a major+ crime. Was it minor we can chose to ignore. Did command order to arrest marine X for a minor. You are following his order trying to but unable due to 15 guns pointing at you. You tell command you need backup. There done. Is it a helmet thing? Forced to arrest all delta for a helmet. Tell a single delta at a time: 'look I am ordered by the idiots up above to arrest you for the helmet. So I descide your time is a NJP and your job is to do a push-up. And I'll give you a helmet.'

Toss a helmet to the floor. Then before he even puts it on to to the next marine. You will be ignored sure for this round that's fine. Or find the delta SL tell it to him but change it to make your squad do 5 push-ups suddenly it is a funny RP where deltas are resting unresting in front of a MP. People will think it's funny know your not there to screw them but know commander x is a helmet slave. And. In case of delta less helmets for commander x.

If command would have shut up. But instead told us to 'advice marines to wear helms or just watch for it' I would arrest advice or talk to a single person. They might be the chuckle that never change and one in jail. Or they might go whelp I want to fight beno I'll get the helm the MP brought and take it off planetside.

Getting a helm yourself to toss even a single one in hand is all you need. Gave time for them to be split over DS req prep and bam. Situation changed.

Why do you think spooky donut gives comments like that to your post not mine. Bit personal but it shows my point.

MP hate is part scam but big part self inflicted.
    Also this is why examples only work in either full story's or don't. Like my first post should be hidden under spoiler tag. This time the example is the essence of the post and explanation so again sorry for size and remember that this is not personal to you. Allot of (C) MP do it. I just used your situation as the example.
    Last edited by Nichodemius; 12-23-2019 at 04:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't see abusive MPs. And I don't see the problem with responding in kind if a whole squad decides to (break server rules and) interfere in an arrest. If solid bagged an entire squad doing that, props to him.

At least someone bagged the squad.

It should have been staff who did that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Extra note. A subject like this can get heated. Every one here cares. If they respond here they care only the vieuw or goal is different. Be it quality of RP, fun or generally just wanting less brig time (really stop with the wrong timers). All are doing it for a good reason.
    I have no hate / dislike to anyone even if I take out someone's post as an example.
    Do not bring hate towards them. I believe this being out here is amazing in clearing up the situation. Allot of marines will have more slack for us if they read this because they know this is a wind of positive change.

Hell delta mains speak up. Tell us if you believe this is indeed a good thing and if done a reason you'll resist / hate MP's less!

Huzzah

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're not near a secure location you can quickly drag them to. You simply mark them and deal with them later. It's not a terribly difficult issue to address. As I stated those situations where you need to mass arrest on the spot are rarer, but it was an example that a more that capable pair of mps or even a single MP can quickly rotate this crowd.

Some MPs role play as lenient as you suggest, such as Destok and ironically, he still gets called a nazi on the regular.

I personally roleplay a specific style, even when I did not play MP I was always very by the books. I'm not going to completely readjust my behaviour due to a very small minority which do dumb shit which is so easily avoided. At the end of the day, it's a medium roleplay server. Some may debate that but that's what it is labelled as.

I'm here to get my roleplay fix and have a bit of action at the same time, despite what people think, I find it tedious dealing with the super large arrest rounds because it means I have to usually spend a while replying to admins who are, in fairness, doing their job to investigate situations and with the buggy state of MP right now it's so very tedious to do.

As I said, this is ultimately going to be dealt with by MPs or Mods. And I'd rather turn a note/ban in to a potential roleplay experience for the average player.

Tldr: I understand you want to make everyone happy, but pandering to one side by basically turning a role in to a servile role or modifying their playstyle/roleplay style isn't going to happen. Even in Sulaco days, where mps were glorified bodyguards, they were hated.

Anyway, good talk, all the best

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexpkeaton View Post
    I really don't see abusive MPs. And I don't see the problem with responding in kind if a whole squad decides to (break server rules and) interfere in an arrest. If solid bagged an entire squad doing that, props to him.

It should have been staff who did that.
    Tldr being a hard ball causes hard ball response.

Being in your right as an MP is not the only concern.
    And you hope staff does this?

This is it exactly. You consider you the response push to their push.

But perhaps your push is the cause for their future push.
    Perhaps if you stand down and police wrong timers for a while the push is gone on both sides.

The few chucklefucks then are just a IC roleplay. Fun to do as a pfc arrest as a MP and watch as a by stander.

Anyway I'll back up and watch the post develop while I hope deltas speak up

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NJPs really do need to be utilized more. Like on a round just earlier today, I (as XO) told MPs to issue NJPs for marines above PFC for not having helmets on.

It's really not worth taking someone out of the round for a lot of stupid stuff like helmet issues. Likewise it really sucks being taken out of the round for minor stuff.

Of course if marines refuse to abide by the NJP then they're clearly prepared to be arrested and should have no qualms about it regardless.

The problem is MPs have to be told to use NJP, it's not something they should have to be reminded to use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nichodemius View Post
    Being in your right as an MP is not the only concern.
    And you hope staff does this?

This is it exactly. You consider you the response push to their push.
    Yes. If players are breaking server rules I expect them to be punished, I don't consider that a strict or unreasonable idea. When an entire squad interferes in an arrest for no reason other than to chucklefuck it is a blatant server rulebreak and all involved should be punished.

I'm not the Hitler you make me out to be. I make daily deposits as a good MP. I ignore minors when appropriate, use minimum sentencing guidelines save in the most egregious situations, turn to NJPs when at all possible, and treat other players with respect and with good roleplay. But there's a distinction between setting a good example and ignoring marine law.

You seem to think that if all MPs were good and decent all the time we would not experience the issues we have. I disagree with that premise. I believe the issue lies in staff not enforcing server rules when it comes to how squads act when a marine is arrested.

I'll still be a good and fair MP, but it's not going to prevent chucklefucking so long as staff continues to allow it to happen.