User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recent IRL Developments, and Suicide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recent IRL Developments, and Suicide

This may be a little dramatic or ... disturbing for some people, but I feel this needs be said/shared.
    This thread deals with thoughts and actions of suicide, so please be considerate.

So ... yesterday something happened and ... I kinda wanna stress this because I'm kind of proud of gamers for a reason because of it.

Yesterday ... one of my friends attempted to commit suicide.

This was the only person(s) that attempted saved him:
    Chandler and his mother

My friend Danton has been getting the help he needs. He is seeing a psychologist, and I've been spending more time with him playing board and video games. I might even invite him to play CMSS13 with me/us in order to help him feel loved.

Here's what happened/has been happening:

Danton really struggled / has struggled with depression, hence leading to this scenario.

Yesterday, 1/9/19, he became hopelessly depressed, even while playing his favorite video game of Arma 3.

... he asked in voice chat what was the best way to cut one's self in order to bleed out the fastest way possible.

... Chandler was another gamer in that chat listening ... and he ... he felt something was off, and I thank the lord above for prompting him with enough worry to call the police, even over such a small thing.

The police showed up at my friends house ... not 30-60 seconds before my friend Danton was going to attempt suicide ...

... he was in the process of writing a suicide note ...

I will forever be grateful for this BOY ... Chandler ... not even 14 yet ... to have the courage to call his mom over and suggest to call the police when Chandler's mom heard my friend saying these things.

... I guess what I want you guys to take away from this is ... yeah, sure, even I have made suicide jokes. Albeit Hypocritically because earlier in my life I had thoughts of suicide that I thank the lord to this day did not develop into actions.

... I'm not sure this is/will always be possible, but I ask/beg of you, to not be afraid to be concerned for your fellow gamers, even IF they are assholes.

If you, or someone you know, not love or like, someone you KNOW or SEE, have thoughts of suicide ... please ... don't say "Everyone has it / Everyone gets it", it will make them feel worse ... I talk from experience ...

Instead, make them feel like they are wanted. Make them feel ... loved ...

Play with them, laugh WITH them, not AT them ... and for the love of GOD, DO NOT MAKE SUICIDE JOKES AROUND THEM OR TELL THEM KYS!

I think the main problem with people and suicide, is that people think others are just crying for attention or just being ... attention whores, but that's the exact reason WHY they do it ... they would rather infamy or bad rep than no attention/fame/reputation at all and be invisible.

If I seem a bit ... off or ... seem to be a little more serious than usual, this is the reason.

Suicide is NOT a joke ...

If you're having thoughts of suicide, please, I ask, no, I BEG OF YOU; don't do it. The worst part is that when you do it, you have a pretty large chance to not even die ... and that's even worse. Things WILL get better ... I PROMISE.

National Suicide Prevention Hotline
    24/7 open all day, everyday, and on holidays.

1-800-273-8255

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why is this in acid goop

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why is this in acid goop

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is not an appropriate place to put this, especially since our community is divisive about sensitive subjects like racism (as in you might get responses that you don't want lol). good luck to your friend though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good on that kid for being vigilant. A lot of folks these days tend to not notice the patterns of suicidal people. I know because I was one of those clueless idiots.

I'm glad to hear that it got resolved and he is getting the help he needs, and that a kid stepped up to the plate to give him that aid. We need more people like Chandler.

Washed up CM-SS13 Host NGGJamie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At my old SAMP community I had a friend that I would frequently hang out with in-game. He would PM me on Teamspeak3 and occasionally ask if I wanted to hang out with him, and we'd go on and chill. I recall the last time he PMed me, I was busy playing Arma so I said nah. He never asked me again, and heard he committed suicide a few weeks later. I've always felt sort of bad for not joining him that day. His suicide had nothing to do with me, from what I was told by a relative of his who was also in our community, his family treated him badly.

I still miss that guy though and am glad I could brighten up his days occasionally. I still wish I had that last time. It's a big part of the reason why I don't tolerate anyone telling someone else they should kill themselves, and will take action on anyone who does. You never know what someone might be going through, or how they might be feeling. I had no idea he had problems like that until after it was too late. Had I known, I would have tried to help him more.

RIP Dean.
    Last edited by NGGJamie; 01-16-2019 at 09:38 PM.
    Synthetic Application-Leonard [Accepted] - Predator Application-Thei-De Na'Tauk [Accepted]

Mentor: 06/28/2017 - 08/07/2017 / Trial Moderator 08/07/2017 - 08/25/17 / Moderator 08/25/17 - 10/11/17 / Trial Admin 10/11/17 - 10/30/17 / Senior Mentor 10/30/17 - 03/15/18 / Mod Manager 03/15/18 - 07/08/18 / Coder 07/08/18 - 07/27/18 / Host 07/27/18 - 10/19/22

I run Linux on all of my machines and actively reject Windows. I have some cool dotfiles up on Github for configuring some of my favorite stuff.

Contact Info:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's very fortunate that he was saved before he ended his life. I hope that he gets better as time goes on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So long as you're alive life can still change for the better. Once you give up on life you lose all that potential joy.

I hope you all of you feeling that pain I once felt keep that in mind. There's good times and bad times, I just hope the good makes up for the bad for you guys like it has for me.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Almost made me Cry.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the end, there is no free will at all, but is this a thread to discuss it?