User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Marines using Predator Equipment

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    Pred gear aint worth it because the new meta by Predator players is for one unrobust (or willing) predator to die and get his gear taken, and then a robust Predator suddenly can now murderbone everyone till he gets his gear back.
    I'm reading the pred channels from time to time, and something like this would be heavily frowned upon if it was ever intentional. Most Predators I've seen don't really enjoy retrieving the gear, especially if it means going onto Almayer and breaking a FOB down.

If you wanted to have an excuse to go murderbone and follow the rules, you could just attack someone, get a bit swarmed, toss a smart disc and run away. Marines will pick it up, and technically that makes them a legal target. In practice, doing that would be an ass things to do and a quick way to get thrown out of the "cool kids' club".

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think eventually if there is ever a research update is researchers who captures pred weapons can make human weapons out of them.

Imperator did a event like this where he spawned an admiral and bodyguard who came to test a human pred hybrid plasma cannon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xenos get rewarded for taking predators down in the form of abominations which are gamechangers, so why shouldn't the marines be rewarded ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    I think eventually if there is ever a research update is researchers who captures pred weapons can make human weapons out of them.

Imperator did a event like this where he spawned an admiral and bodyguard who came to test a human pred hybrid plasma cannon.
    That sounds... actually pretty cool.

Thing I always hate about preds though, or well more so marines, is how everyone views them as what is basically a walking lootbox that to get stuff you need to kill.
    So many times I have seen predators get HE Rocketed suddenly because he grabbed the squad's leader and then either dies if not robust, or manages to get away.
    There are some rounds where I don't see this happen, but that is somewhat uncommon. Which is why I kinda like the idea of things possibly going horribly wrong.

Granted all of what I just said is a problem of marines being meta/lowrp and less so of pred gear usage knowledge.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePiachu View Post
    I'm reading the pred channels from time to time, and something like this would be heavily frowned upon if it was ever intentional. Most Predators I've seen don't really enjoy retrieving the gear, especially if it means going onto Almayer and breaking a FOB down.

If you wanted to have an excuse to go murderbone and follow the rules, you could just attack someone, get a bit swarmed, toss a smart disc and run away. Marines will pick it up, and technically that makes them a legal target. In practice, doing that would be an ass things to do and a quick way to get thrown out of the "cool kids' club".
    They kinda already do this.

We've had quite a few incidents where a pred dies, gets gear taken, gear goes up Alamo, and Predators rush CIC, get shot up then SD; now we have no command.

Its happened at least 5 times now; not in a row, mind you, but often enough that its noticeable.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Predators are not intentionally trying to die so other preds can have fun.
    Predators are just a meme now because of weapon buffs and xeno mutators, if you know what you're doing, you can beat us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Between RNG KO, constantly grouped marines (with a few rare exceptions), dedicated meta pred hunters who know the risk and accept being unworthy, AP prevalence, weapon buffs, explosives, Shotgun memes, and xeno mutators + buffs... its not that hard to kill a pred who sticks around too long.

As for SDs...nobody as far as I know, before and especially after being a predator, intentionally goes out and gets themselves killed so others can murderbone.

With that in mind, when a predator dies and doesn't SD then gets looted...
    (which easily happens in a KO situation, which I'd say is common. At least, most of my deaths are KO then PBs)...
    it just comes down to what happens after that.

Sometimes the gear goes to the Almayer... sometimes the CO doesn't give a shit, sometimes they initiate a counter-hunt on the Almayer for the Predator...sometimes the person with Pred gear is SPECIFICALLY hunting for more predators... well it all depends.

You might think "murderbone sounds fun", but it isn't. It's annoying as shit to have to go recover others gear when you just want to interact with marines, practice your schtick, have one of the one or two adrenaline rushing duels or 2 vs 1s be it xeno or marine, etcetra.
    The issue with dealing with marines in gear recovery often stems from the fact, if you use too much force you can take on many people/xenos... but risk hurting the round, pissing people off etcetra. On the flip side, if you don't take the issue carefully enough... you could exasperate the issue not to mention people naturally aren't taking the same factors a pred is when they are on gear recovery. Read: "MINE MINE MINE. OH ANOTHER ONE. MINE. OH MY GOD, ITS NOT FIGHTING FAIR. NO HONORR REEE"

Long story short. Gear recovery is risky on so many levels and it sucks.
    Please excuse my rambling.
    Last edited by Vispainius; 01-13-2019 at 08:24 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used preds bracers at one point as Henrik, when ordered by XO.
    I managed to hit a young lurker to death, then i lost my arms
    the end
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it just seems rather powergamey too
    Commanding Officer Mark 'Sherman' Wilson

Synthetic Unit Marcus

Predator Rekag'Voli

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vispainius View Post
    ...dedicated meta pred hunters who know the risk and accept being unworthy...
    : )

i still remember the time you weren't going to interact with somebody just because i showed up, so i ran up to you with a stool in my hand then whacked you and watched as you just ran to the edge of the screen then gunned me down with a plasma pistol like i was a man in detroit wearing the wrong colors

i think predators shouldn't actually be forced to recover pred gear because if you walk around with your gear on you'll just get murdered. hiding in a FOB is a surefire way to make it out alive, because predators can't fight you without massacring a gigantic group of marines if you hide like a little bitch. that isn't fun for the predators that are forced to recover gear and it isn't fun for the human who just got cool gear

if you're not a robusto chad who knows what he's doing, you literally just shouldn't take pred gear because you will die horrifically in the span of ten minutes and what gain you possibly could get from it isn't worth putting yourself in so much danger
    Last edited by Kineem; 01-15-2019 at 07:06 AM.
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator