User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Marines using Predator Equipment

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pred stuff is fun to use, it takes Wayyyyyyy too much effort to get though.

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishCow View Post
    Pred stuff is fun to use, it takes Wayyyyyyy too much effort to get though.
    Trust me it doesn't

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People that think preds are hard to kill haven't really killed one before.

All it takes is a stun and it's dead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
    We're still an RP server, and the pred role is a heavy RP role. No pred would willingly allow their tech to get lost or stolen, we know this as it's in the lore.
    You say we're an RP server first which is really just not true. We're a TDM server first and foremost.

Gameplay should come first in this case. We're also not associated to the Aliens franchise anymore, so there is no reason we can't make our own lore.
    Last edited by MattAtlas; 01-17-2019 at 01:38 PM.
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattAtlas View Post
    You say we're an RP server first which is really just not true. We're a TDM server first and foremost.

Gameplay should come first in this case. We're also not associated to the Aliens franchise anymore, so there is no reason we can't make our own lore.
    I have to disagree. While we are indeed a TDM server, we still expect a certain level of RP, and the predator is a role which has mandated RP requirements.

As for the lore, we're still using a large amount of names, items, behaviors and other things from the lore, no?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There wouldn't be really a point for whitelist story if CM wasn't an RP server at all. I would be a synth by now if this wouldn't be RP server.
    Playing xeno most of the time can bend a person view towards TDM, but marines cand do RP. They are just not rewarded for it. Only punished by gameplay standards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
    I have to disagree. While we are indeed a TDM server, we still expect a certain level of RP, and the predator is a role which has mandated RP requirements.

As for the lore, we're still using a large amount of names, items, behaviors and other things from the lore, no?
    Yes, I agree that we are an RP server, but RP is not our top priority, which is what I mean.

We're using a large amount of names items and behaviors from lore yes but that's because they're holdovers from the Colonial Marines days.
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Staff still won't give benos identification becouse muh lore as benos faceless horde.
    As you can see lore is on top of the gameplay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firstly, while it may suck to have to recover gear, it IS relevant and important. removing it virtually is undermines the very basis is if the role. �Role�play.

Secondly, lore is very important. While we aren�t beholden to typical lore, we should still have a basic lore framework like we currently do to allow for both advancement and structure. Without structure and lore, which in turn contributes to roles ( such as rank structure, ic laws, shipside roles, briefings, gameplay knowledge and lack thereof)....and the story of the game, we are just Corporate Mercenary. Pure TDM can be fine. But make no mistake it isn�t CM. CM is a mix of both with our roots as a medium RP server. Trying to change that is pointless. You can always make a new server or see how corporate merc is doing, if it even is still alive.

If it is the second option then it�s proof of working concept. If it isn�t, it is like lebensraum and halo. A shrine that too little RP isn�t enticing ... and creates a failed server when your basis of the story lies in lore and action.

Cm lies in lore and action. It�s for that reason, CM�s version of MRP works.
    On that same note, you still have to have action and intrigue. SCP server
    failed in that way.
    Last edited by Vispainius; 01-17-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattAtlas View Post
    Yes, I agree that we are an RP server, but RP is not our top priority, which is what I mean.

We're using a large amount of names items and behaviors from lore yes but that's because they're holdovers from the Colonial Marines days.
    There will always be RP here on CM. Is it the best? No, but it's there and it's something people want as people keep coming back for it.

Just because there have been some changes, changes that we legally had to undertake, does not mean we had to change up the entirety of things. We still have our lore and
    it's still heavily represented in game and used as a foundation for new development.