Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Marines using Predator Equipment

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchee View Post
    Why do people drag dead preds into research - there is literally nothing researchers can do about them
    And
    Why does the CO want the gear - you won't even get to use it you selfish prick
    That is called "RP sharing". Researcher is so lonely and he don't have anything to do when there are competent doctors around. Giving him pred bodies lets him go "wild". He can take sample of pred blood, can use mass spectometer, can try to make fluff "vaccines" from that blood and inject marines saying that this is safe and will give them strenght, or something.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    That is called "RP sharing". Researcher is so lonely and he don't have anything to do when there are competent doctors around. Giving him pred bodies lets him go "wild". He can take sample of pred blood, can use mass spectometer, can try to make fluff "vaccines" from that blood and inject marines saying that this is safe and will give them strenght, or something.
    Basically pointless

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically pointless
    Yeah, RP is pointless in terms of gameplay, but aren't we playing SS13 to RP? For pure action I choose AvP, or TF2. Better gameplay, belive me.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Yeah, RP is pointless in terms of gameplay, but aren't we playing SS13 to RP? For pure action I choose AvP, or TF2. Better gameplay, belive me.
    p o i n t l e s s

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do people drag dead preds into research - there is literally nothing researchers can do about them
    And
    Why does the CO want the gear - you won't even get to use it you selfish prick

Because they want to soft grief the Almayer by giving the preds a reason to come up on board to recover gear.
    That's the real reason why anyone takes a predator corpse or gear back to the Almayer, not for "MUH RP"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Because they want to soft grief the Almayer by giving the preds a reason to come up on board to recover gear.
    That's the real reason why anyone takes a predator corpse or gear back to the Almayer, not for "MUH RP"
    Well, there's also the mega-brain strategy of getting a Pred to show up on the ship for a few minutes, which then gives marines carte blanche to fortify the SHIT out of the Almayer. In a round a while ago (obviously before the "2 Preds are needed for Almayer raid"), after retrieving all but 2 items from the ship, the next time I showed up, the ship had cades everywhere, and claymores around every friggin corner. And it was totally IC justified: "Oh, there's an invisible douchebag running around, breaking into places? Better seal it up with cades and explosives."
    Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
    Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Yautja Council member as of March 17th - Now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by x31stOverlord View Post
    ...The only bits that would cause issues would be the tech solely designed for Yautja physiology, like the mask, which most have internal buttons meant to be manipulated by the mandibles of the Pred.
    Yeah.

Indeed, I am a lot more for certain logical requirements for a pred tech to be used. Instead of just an ingame unavoidable punishment.

Some thoughts if I were to design the mechanics...

Yautja Mask is a breather too, and that gas might not be good for a human at all. Also it's too big for a human.
    And ift works with a predator vision, that is infrared. (So it's safe to assume it emits infrared instead of visible light.)

Predator camouflage equipment require the body mesh, mask and bracer (maybe the armor, gauntlets and boots too).
    Of course it can zap a human if improperly used.
    Plasma caster, as part of armour, might follow a similar logic. And it can cause horrible accidents.
    Bracer is dangerous since it's a bomb.

Indeed almost all yautja weareables are too large for a human to dress properly.

And the electronic mechanisms aren't straightforward for a human in any way.

That taken into consideration, my solution (a lot based on XCOM) would be:

Yautja Mask

"Field Adjustments"
    - Randomly falls from human head if worn without being adjusted with a welder, wires and more welder first. (Engineer)
    - Internal optics cause lack of vision (acts as a blindfold). This effect is removed with screwdriver, wrench and screwdriver.
    An item is removed from the mask ("yautja thermal optics").
    - Poisons by causing drowsiness to who is wearing the mask unless gas is disabled. Needs atmospheric analyzer and screwdriver for removing this. Another item comes out ("Yautja gas breather").

"Research tweaks"
    - Researcher can add a nightvision to predator mask, like that of smartgunners. (Need special autolathe for this.)
    - Can analyze the mask itself for creating a facehugger resistant helmet. (Construction material is the mask.)
    - Can create a lesser version of this special helmet. (Construction material are large ammounts of phoron + some metal.)
    - The internal component "Yautja thermal optics" can be analyzed for creating a thermal vision (construction material is a nightvision from smartgunners or snipers). Also the data can be sent to USCM or W-Y for benefits (maybe requisition points, DEFCON upgrade or something else)
    - The other internal component, "Yautja gas breather", results in more useful data. (Maybe in something else, if we create an entire research tree also involving the xenomorphs.)

Bracer

"Field Adjustments"
    - Need wrench, screwdriver and wrench again applied by engineer to fit a human arm. Otherwise it falls out randomly.
    - When equipped, gives the user hud buttons with random descriptions and symbols. The user can figure functions by clicking the buttons, and that gives the button a proper description only for that user (and here if someone else is to use the gauntlet, the last one who tested should inform what button did what and what buttons he didn't pressed).
    Buttons would do the following:
    - - Extend the claws (if user is holding something, causes an accident involving claw, hand and held object) or retract the claws.
    - - Changes bomb timer (very long, long and short - where long is the usual timer)
    - - Start bomb timer.
    - - Stop bomb timer (do nothing otherwise)
    - - Zaps the user unless he's wearing body mesh, yautja boots and mask. (It's camouflage)
    - - Extends or retracts the plasma caster (or do nothing if user isn't wearing armor - on purpose to cause confusion).
    - - Fires the plasma caster if he's using the armor (harming user if retracted, or at random if extended). Do nothing otherwise.
    - - Send a warning beacon (giving all the other preds, who are using their masks, the exact use location via text message).
    - - Change the mask's vision mode (this one do nothing in all cases, as a human can't see infrared and is blinded by mask).

"Research tweaks"
    - Researcher can analyze the bracer for useful data and full discovery of each button function. But only the researcher will receive proper button descriptions (it's like he figured all button's functions). {{It should be like a minigame, with chance for exploding research if not done properly.}}
    - After overall analysis, bracer can be dismantled by researcher only, for removing or re-adding internal components that are: "yautja thermal explosive" (can turn this into a single use bomb), "yautja camouflage generator" (give points if analyzed and access to camouflage after all regalia components are analyzed), "yautja beacon" (points only), "yautja bracer blades" (can be turned to knives or swords), "yautja power source" (more points, maybe can be turned to a special power cell) and "yautja plasma caster driver" (needed for plasma caster). Almost all components come out without proper descriptions and with random "weird gadget" appearances i analyze minigame didn't earned the "best results".

yautja armor, boots and body mesh

"Field Adjustments"
    - Yautja armor slows down user if not adjusted with welder, wirecutters and metal.
    - Yautja boots make user trip randomly if not adjusted with wire coil and boots (marine boots or other sort).
    - Yautja body mesh need wirecutters, wire coil, welder and clothes (uniform or similar) for not harming the user's skin (cause random bruises and itches otherwise).

"Research tweaks"
    - All of those itens should be analyzed for fully comprehending yautja camouflage system. (Earn lots of points, but can't be replicated.)
    - Yautja armor can have the "Yautja Plasma Caster" removed. Analyzing this, plus "yautja plasma caster driver" and "yautja power source" earn lots of points and can be used for creating a prototype plasma rifle (where those items are also the components).

Yautja plasma rifle, dart pistol, smart disc, hunting trap and combistick

"Field Adjustments"
    - None at all. Yautja guns should be a lot inaccurate if fired by humans. A little bit less if two handed. (They are too big, heavy, clumsy, trigger is large, etc.) Plasma rifle and dart pistol shouldn't reload if user isn't wearing the yautja bracer. {Indeed I am more for those and the plasma caster to have dart bundles and plasma canisters as ammo. Unlimited ammo isn't on lore and makes things too easy for predators.}
    When first fired by a specific human, there should be a timer for figuring it out and a chance for accident (shooting himself or at random.)
    - If combistick is getting closed or opened, and that specific human never did it beforethere should be a timer for figuring it out. If it's done while holding item in another hand, there should also have a chance for an accident involving combistick, hand (or head ) and held item when it's getting opened (if it's getting closed it only may bite the user hands).
    - Same thing happens to human arming or picking up an armed hunting trap for the first time. (It may bite him.)

"Research tweaks"
    - Only the researcher can analyze those items and figure out how do they work.
    - Anything he analyzes earn points (USCM requisitions or DEFCON, W-Y perks or whatever is the mechanic implemented.)
    - Yautja guns can be adjusted for human use by the researcher, after analyzing (permanently removing the need for a human to figure out and aim penalties depending on the quality of the research). Red dot, laser sight, grip and stock attachments will be needed for removing penalties (good luck getting attachments for using as components late in round, researcher ).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sora9567 View Post
    ...and claymores around every friggin corner..."
    Those claymores.... I never got why they recognize everyone from almayer.

A debuff I would apply actually would be the claymores only reading the "combat personnel wireless dog tags" and blowing up everyone else with a normal shipside use only idcard.

After all they are simple devices, who lack a turret's sophistication.

That would give marines a good reason for not putting claymores everywhere.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason I ask for the pred gear, is so that preds are forced to come up and take it off me, and than I trap them in the CIC and cheese them with the MP's and SO's loaded with Tacshotties.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You all act like you didn't saw the new movie!
    Even a small autistic child can wear pred mask!
    Cloak? It's just small ball anyone can use!
    Pred tech at all? The same child can solve it all!

There has to be hidden ability called "autism" and depending on this we should be, or not be able to use Predator Equipment!