User Tag List

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: How CM's host is above his own rules.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I am legitimately offering suggestions here and you are taking a rather uncaring stance on actually hearing me out. This is the exact reason there is so much of a divide between the players and staff.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the thing is, almost everything that is suggested was or even still is talked about among staff. And I didn't not take them into consideration, I just gave my view on them, with explanation too.

And the Stimulonibus™ gave everyone an addiction that couldn't be ahealed........................................... ...........................................

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long have these things been talked about? Why not actually try some of them?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had a big crackdown on xeno LRP (or what is perceived as LRP at least) late last year. The community response was overall negative.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because xenos can't roleplay. They literally cannot, they have nothing TO roleplay. That's part of the problem anyway, and not something that effort should really be focused on imo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine thinking you can have RP when you are in constant danger of getting instantly fragged by 40% of the server. Combat is antithetical to roleplay. If you are fighting you cant roleplay because you are in battle. The only interesting thing going on in the round is the xeno vs marine battle. Most if not all roleplay stems from cool moments that happen AFTER a battle. Like whoa fuck that runner am i right fellow marines. Regular ss13 servers have jobs and departments and lots of toys and shit to spur roleplay. Each department focusing on different things. In CM all departments are directly connected to the battle. So... thats all people wanna do. There is also a competitive element. People develop rivalries and metagame robust names on both sides. How you gonna have le epic hrp with that going on?

You can try to shake it up outside of combat but you do risk getting staff heat. I mean my entire CM career is me shaking it up and getting staff heat. I remember I got in trouble for announcing that we are in a combat simulation. I thought itd be good for roleplay but I guess not.

Expecting high roleplay on cm is expecting milsim in a 100 man arma 3 server. Its just lol to think anyone will invest the energy to roleplay when they are a drop in a pond in a sea of noise and danger.

The solution is simple: just embrace being LRP and punish people who do unfunny disruptive memes. Like staff is already LRP they do dumb events all the time. Two days ago I kept saying "admin aheal plz" and acute spawned me in as a monkey. Or grimreaper turning a prisoner into a lurker which just lead to me injecting abomination blood and turning into a robot. Like we are already LRP and people like it that way. Its funny and lets people spur character interaction appropiate for a bunch of dumb retarded expendables.
    Last edited by Imheretohelp; 01-28-2020 at 10:14 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imheretohelp View Post
    Imagine thinking you can have RP when you are in constant danger of getting instantly fragged by 40% of the server. Combat is antithetical to roleplay. If you are fighting you cant roleplay because you are in battle. The only interesting thing going on in the round is the xeno vs marine battle. Most if not all roleplay stems from cool moments that happen AFTER a battle. Like whoa fuck that runner am i right fellow marines. Regular ss13 servers have jobs and departments and lots of toys and shit to spur roleplay. Each department focusing on different things. In CM all departments are directly connected to the battle. So... thats all people wanna do. There is also a competitive element. People develop rivalries and metagame robust names on both sides. How you gonna have le epic hrp with that going on?

You can try to shake it up outside of combat but you do risk getting staff heat. I mean my entire CM career is me shaking it up and getting staff heat. I remember I got in trouble for announcing that we are in a combat simulation. I thought itd be good for roleplay but I guess not.

Expecting high roleplay on cm is expecting milsim in a 100 man arma 3 server. Its just lol to think anyone will invest the energy to roleplay when they are a drop in a pond in a sea of noise and danger.

The solution is simple: just embrace being LRP and punish people who do unfunny disruptive memes. Like staff is already LRP they do dumb events all the time. Two days ago I kept saying "admin aheal plz" and acute spawned me in as a monkey. Or grimreaper turning a prisoner into a lurker which just lead to me injecting abomination blood and turning into a robot. Like we are already LRP and people like it that way. Its funny and lets people spur character interaction appropiate for a bunch of dumb retarded expendables.
    well said

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I agree there, with the hyper lethality of the combat (As in, you get stunned for more than half a second as marine and you are guaranteed to die) you really do not have much of a chance to roleplay if you are playing the game.

"shaking it up" is the right way to do things. Make rounds memorable, do stupid shit in them that makes the other players laugh or be impressed that you pulled it off. That's what I am gonna do once I apply for CO, at least. I already get plenty of shit from staff members but the players seem to like what I do as XO and SL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna say this for the people saying abuse from the moderation team...
    In the scientific community, without a base reference, you are left with only assumptions and speculations. With that being said. Those who haven't been staff, what base of reference do you actually have?

My face when I barely report people cause of the hassle and more certainly don't report staff unless I actually have to - said by the person that has near 100 in game notes~
    I've only reported 3 staff members throughout 3 years here~
    Last edited by Lauren Von Fusegana; 01-28-2020 at 10:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, do you guys thank the mail man, or the garbage collector? Or even the janitor? No?

In the art community, it's usually the ones that don't have the most transparent work (or what I like to call, the most amount of references) publicly displayed, are usually the ones that do the most amount of the work with the least amount of gratification~