User Tag List

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: How CM's host is above his own rules.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Dont make me tell overlord to extend your probation
    Okay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm looks like all hosts get rotated out in a disgraceful fashion at one point or another. Think of it this way, it could have been a lot worse! Imagine having all your contributions diminished to nothing because you looked at cartoons, or made a buncha alts or w/e. At least you didn't leak the code on ur way out. Comparatively this is a respectable exit! o7

I didn't like when you accused me of blackmail and some of the other preferential treatment issues though, so I'm changing my farewell to "ha ha".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hunk1 is a man who literally spent over an hour and a half during a round to investigate a rule break who determined it was really an IC issue and when the person said "WELL IM REPORTING YOU CAUSE YOU DIDNT DO YOUR JOB" I DMed that player and told them to shut the fuck up.

The community are the ones who really need to change with the whole attitude sometimes, not the staff.
    This is pretty much the case with any online community of reasonable size. People are often:

1. Stupid, or
    2. Selfish, or
    3. Myopic, or
    4. Have Authority Issues, or
    5. Have a complex about finding fault in their own behavior.

Go on any forum or server and this shines true when you start discussing moderations. People at fault rarely think they're at fault and the large majority of people motivated enough to become moderators are generally quite competant and fair (Though not perfect).

Thus Staff Reports, while important, are rarely going to yield actual abuses. Such is the way of things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The community are the ones who really need to change with the whole attitude sometimes, not the staff.
    Staff:
    Succeeds at driving away most players interested in actually roleplaying and not treating the game as merely something to Win/Lose.

Also Staff:
    Hey why is the community so toxic!?

-Not aimed at you in particular soldier, the irony was just too good to resist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been a common trope for the player base to completely dog-pile the host after a high up staff member resigns. (Usually the ones who do something like this and make a complete scene out of their own dismissal or retirement.)

Everyone hops on the band-wagon and very few know exactly what went on or who is doing what, and it's pretty grotesque.

I personally think Jamie has done everything he can to keep the server up and running, he doesn't have the time to babysit the game and that's fine, the entire pot was dumped on him after the community attacked the previous two hosts of the game into finally giving up on the SS13 community as a whole. The thing is, Jamie is doing a lot more to help CM than most of us here know. I'm not talking about staff management, when you have a good team set up the staff will manage themselves. The hard part is getting a good team set up. I think EB's removal is a good thing, not just for CM but for her, as this very thread proves she wasn't ready to have the position she had. However, the community and some (not all) of the staff isn't giving nearly enough consideration into what Jamie is or has been doing to keep the game running. Without him we'd not have the security we have, and possibly not even a server.

CM has a history of people stabbing each-other in the back, weaseling into positions of power to get friends off of ban lists or into positions where they can have the few 'shinies' that come with being staff. I don't blame him at all for restricting power from a position even if it's meant to be his equal, especially when the member in question had a history of abusing their powers even slightly in the past.

I could go on with a tangent, but I'm going to pause here. I think that through this the fact that Jamie hasn't responded with a massive counter posting of every one of his grievances for EB shows he's not out for drama, but to just do his job and keep the server running. He deserves some real credit for that.

o7

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainyankee View Post
    Staff:
    Succeeds at driving away most players interested in actually roleplaying and not treating the game as merely something to Win/Lose.
    Unfortunately we tried, but the majority of the community believes this to be a LRP/TDM server, not a MRP server

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately we tried, but the majority of the community believes this to be a LRP/TDM server, not a MRP server
    Well yeah, because most of the changes that have been made are focused on the TDM aspect.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn't be any more true. Any attempt at RP just gets you laughed at or ignored now most of the time and it's all about k/d ratios and winning instead of actual interesting situations that came from player interactions. I can roll with it but damn do I miss some of the funny shit that would happen as a result of RP.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine playing cm to RP

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really, what is the last major update or inclusion to the game that made people want to RP more? All I can think of is Expected Contact, which is only a few months old I believe.