User Tag List

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: How CM's host is above his own rules.

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omicega View Post
    Does this mean insidious botnet DDoSer Sleepy will finally be banned without Emerald to protect him though
    as soon as they make up enough proof

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omicega View Post
    Does this mean insidious botnet DDoSer Sleepy will finally be banned without Emerald to protect him though
    ddoss robot powering up... locating target...
    target found. cringe naenae staff team.
    inputting target coordinates...
    coordinates uploaded
    ddoss laser powering up
    READY
    firing ddoss laser at cringe naenae staff team, goodbye CM
    beast

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy Retard View Post
    What about the admin who abused his power for an entire month last year?

What about Ed supposedly abusing his powers and then not getting admin because of it?

Abuse happens a lot, and you're joking if you don't think it doesn't happen. You only mentioned the things that people kicked a fuss up, the rest is thoroughly ignored. Again, we can't make an educated call, because staff will never release how many times their staff has been punished by managers.
    This is the exact reason that people so rarely ever want to file staff reports, the response you get from one is almost always "We spoke to the staff member about it and gave them a slap on the wrist."
    That's the kind of response I would expect to see from a big company, not a relatively small community on a niche game. Just be more open with your playerbase and things go a lot better. Having a publicly viewable audit log of every moderation/administrative action taken would be a good step—as in, every ban, unban, note additions/removals, warnings, and so on.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is some of the dumbest shit I've ever read.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    This is the exact reason that people so rarely ever want to file staff reports, the response you get from one is almost always "We spoke to the staff member about it and gave them a slap on the wrist."
    That's the kind of response I would expect to see from a big company, not a relatively small community on a niche game. Just be more open with your playerbase and things go a lot better. Having a publicly viewable audit log of every moderation/administrative action taken would be a good step—as in, every ban, unban, note additions/removals, warnings, and so on.
    Often a speaking to is all that's needed. Fuckimg up once does not lead to an instant removal unless it's very bad. The same way we dont permaban a player if they fuckup once. Unless it's really bad.

Having a staff member get talked to in a report is the same as getting a warning in game as a player pretty much. Sorry were not going to behead and fire everyone who makes a mistake rather than "slap their wrist."

Also were not going to make every staff audit or note available for the same reason were nor going to make a list of all players offenses available to everyone
    Last edited by Taketheshot56; 01-28-2020 at 06:08 PM.
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What TTS said.
    Funny enough when I was a manager I would get DMs all the time about mods abusing stuff from players who didn't want to report it via the forum, and I would investigate it. 99% of the time it was unfounded or the mod was doing the right thing.

Everyone has a different opinion of what abuse/wrong doing is.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 01-28-2020 at 06:31 PM.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    most of staff reports are dumb, reported for trying to balance the round, reported for an event that didn't go perfectly, reported for a note that you totally deserved

staff doesn't get removed often or "punished" because our staff are actually decent people who do their job correctly, and most of the time just speaking to them sorts the issue
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    I follow orders. That's all.
    Hunk1 is a man who literally spent over an hour and a half during a round to investigate a rule break who determined it was really an IC issue and when the person said "WELL IM REPORTING YOU CAUSE YOU DIDNT DO YOUR JOB" I DMed that player and told them to shut the fuck up.

The community are the ones who really need to change with the whole attitude sometimes, not the staff.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Hunk1 is a man who literally spent over an hour and a half during a round to investigate a rule break who determined it was really an IC issue and when the person said "WELL IM REPORTING YOU CAUSE YOU DIDNT DO YOUR JOB" I DMed that player and told them to shut the fuck up.

The community are the ones who really need to change with the whole attitude sometimes, not the staff.
    Okay.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akabinxstar View Post
    Okay.
    Dont make me tell overlord to extend your probation