User Tag List

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: How CM's host is above his own rules.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akabinxstar View Post
    I don’t forgive you for what you did
    I follow orders. That's all.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CM staff is not great, but "not great" for volunteer moderation staff, especially in SS13, is like the very best you can hope for to be honest

It could be a shitload worse, and if you want to see just how worse go play some Baystation

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omicega View Post
    CM staff is not great, but "not great" for volunteer moderation staff, especially in SS13
    I talked about a major reorganization with a highly intensive one month trial and changing mod/senior mod/admin into game admin. They would have all the powers of an admin so there would be no backstabbing trying to get promoted over one another.\

But this was considered "too radical"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakey View Post
    If you want to quit the game over a bunch of baseless nostalgia then you should just do it.
    Can I just say that this is NEVER a proper argument against people who do not like the trajectory of changes being made? You can spout this South Park talking point until the cows come home but the simple fact may very well be that the player you're responding to is 100% right about how the playerbase in general feels about recent changes.

Now you can simply say "That's fine, if you don't like it just leave and we'll replace you with newbies" but that doesn't really make the server and it's devs look any better to outsiders now does it?

Do the devs do all the work to make the server more than a baystation clone? Yes. Does this mean they should have free reign to crash the server culture as they see fit simply because they successfully applied? Well, I always thought the point of a staff system like this was to prevent that sort of thing.

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    I talked about a major reorganization with a highly intensive one month trial and changing mod/senior mod/admin into game admin. They would have all the powers of an admin so there would be no backstabbing trying to get promoted over one another.\

But this was considered "too radical"
    Yeah that's a big issue with cm staff structure, there's too many layers/levels. Flatten that shit yo

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spookydonut View Post
    Yeah that's a big issue with cm staff structure, there's too many layers/levels. Flatten that shit yo
    Its one of the main reasons I fought for Senior Mods to get more toys and more permissions to do things. My personal feeling is a Senior mod should be able to do what an Admin can do, and Admins just handle the forum stuff like Unbans. I was even considering to talk with everyone to have admins handle report a player, and managers would just have to worry about staff reports.

I think this thread has derailed from "JAMIE U SUX" to "Staff is broken pls fix" and there's nothing wrong with that. Staff is not perfect, but we do our best.

I acknowledge that Emerald for the longest time did a lot of hard work, but her problem was not delegating stuff. When I had access to whitelist.txt she was telling me not to touch it when Bancrose asked me to add a player to CO cause Emerald wasn't around and his application had been sitting for a few days. I even said wtf all I did was literally add Ckey +Commanding Officer in a .txt file, nothing server breaking.

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its one of the main reasons I fought for Senior Mods to get more toys and more permissions to do things. My personal feeling is a Senior mod should be able to do what an Admin can do, and Admins just handle the forum stuff like Unbans. I was even considering to talk with everyone to have admins handle report a player, and managers would just have to worry about staff reports.

I think this thread has derailed from "JAMIE U SUX" to "Staff is broken pls fix" and there's nothing wrong with that. Staff is not perfect, but we do our best.

I acknowledge that Emerald for the longest time did a lot of hard work, but her problem was not delegating stuff. When I had access to whitelist.txt she was telling me not to touch it when Bancrose asked me to add a player to CO cause Emerald wasn't around and his application had been sitting for a few days. I even said wtf all I did was literally add Ckey +Commanding Officer in a .txt file, nothing server breaking.
    Problem is em was often MIA for long periods.

Rahl took the worse parts of Apop's style of hosting, which was the lack of delegation, Jamie is complete opposite to the point of TOO much delegation.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've transcended beyond you mortals, ive touched upon most of the staff layers, i am all powerful
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll just say in the two years I've been here, there's been very few cases of staff using ingame power for an advantage or to bully people without their consent. Maybe a questionable aheal or two here. Most of the "Abuse" is just staff "meming" with friends. (Examples: A Developer giving a bunch of funny diseases to a player with their consent, senior mods/admins fucking around in thunderdome with other mods/players) I think the only worst instances were the spooky and chaz incident, and the whole incendiary mag thing.

Most "Abuse" is really not "Abuse" at all, but moreso errors in judgement (Player getting warning note in lieu of a ban, Whitelist player getting dinged for a WL violation in lieu of a staff bwoink when it was a rule break, etc...)

99.9% of the staff here are human and not robots. The main problem is our community is quick to cry "ADMINBUS" when our Senior Mods/Admins run an event and someone doesn't like it or it's poorly planned they act like babies and cry in a report "REMOVE HE" or a staff member does something they do not like and cry in a report "REMOVE HE"
    What about the admin who abused his power for an entire month last year?

What about Ed supposedly abusing his powers and then not getting admin because of it?

Abuse happens a lot, and you're joking if you don't think it doesn't happen. You only mentioned the things that people kicked a fuss up, the rest is thoroughly ignored. Again, we can't make an educated call, because staff will never release how many times their staff has been punished by managers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this mean insidious botnet DDoSer Sleepy will finally be banned without Emerald to protect him though