User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: So the current winrate...

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With RG change we got something for shotgunners that isn’t hedgehog rav.

Anyway the fatties other issue is most CAS callers worth their salt will hide the flare/ laz anyway. Two fatties kill EVERYTHING that is t a crusher or queen in basically a screen distance from dot. If you see the dot your already dead. Then the tier 3s get whacked and it goes downhill.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahKirchner View Post
    ... OR hit with another slug before you get back up, perma-stunning you. I did it to defenders and warriors all the time...
    Lies, lies, lies. Stunned benos have stun immunity. If you got hit by a slug from one marine and then another marine hits you with another slug when you are already stunned, then second slug stun doesn't apply. You can't permastun benos, they are literally immune and they were from a long time.

What you can do at best is to "Chain-Stun" said beno. And this means that beno has to stand up and then got hit with a slug again. Perfect timing, perfect accuracy and perfect movement tracking are required. Literally something that requires pure skill, coordination eye-hand etc. And it was nerfed because as we all know Marines are always balanced around their best players and benos are always balanced around their worst players.

Even pre-nerf slug stun was a bit shorter than shotgun shoot cooldown, so as a stunned beno you always were standing up (and if you were still pressing movement button) and then move one tile to dodge second slug coming from the same marine. And said marine didn't had to just be good, predicting where stunned beno will move. Maybe further away, maybe will dodge left/right, basically three places where stunned beno can go, 1/3 chance to guess correctly, each fucking time and slug does so drastic damage that you need like around 6-7 to kill Elder Drone from full health. This means that you have to "win" the lottery 6-7 times to 1vs1 said beno. Nearly impossible. In addition to this equation, slug scatter also exist. And this means that slug has a chance to radomly shoot about 30 degrees from clicked tile, further fucking slug marine up. All pre-nerf. Now add shorter stun. OP!

In a normal frontline combat scenario, other benos can easy break this "chain-stun". Even if said marine also have backup. Two benos is enough for them both to escape. Oh no! NERF SLUG, IT'S SO POWERFULL!
    Last edited by CABAL; 02-10-2020 at 06:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xenofood View Post
    Death can be a very major nuisance, if you get dragged away before that and die without being recovered, or worse if you get delimbed or infected, or if you get internal bleeding, more than one broken bone, or organ damage. Anything that forces you to go back to the Almayer to get treated takes away up to 20 minutes of your time.
    Notice how most of those things are not being dead. I've observed marines slashed and acided to dead being back at the front lines in a minute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Lies, lies, lies. Stunned benos have stun immunity. If you got hit by a slug from one marine and then another marine hits you with another slug when you are already stunned, then second slug stun doesn't apply. You can't permastun benos, they are literally immune and they were from a long time.

What you can do at best is to "Chain-Stun" said beno. And this means that beno has to stand up and then got hit with a slug again. Perfect timing, perfect accuracy and perfect movement tracking are required. Literally something that requires pure skill, coordination eye-hand etc. And it was nerfed because as we all know Marines are always balanced around their best players and benos are always balanced around their worst players.

Even pre-nerf slug stun was a bit shorter than shotgun shoot cooldown, so as a stunned beno you always were standing up (and if you were still pressing movement button) and then move one tile to dodge second slug coming from the same marine. And said marine didn't had to just be good, predicting where stunned beno will move. Maybe further away, maybe will dodge left/right, basically three places where stunned beno can go, 1/3 chance to guess correctly, each fucking time and slug does so drastic damage that you need like around 6-7 to kill Elder Drone from full health. This means that you have to "win" the lottery 6-7 times to 1vs1 said beno. Nearly impossible. In addition to this equation, slug scatter also exist. And this means that slug has a chance to radomly shoot about 30 degrees from clicked tile, further fucking slug marine up. All pre-nerf. Now add shorter stun. OP!

In a normal frontline combat scenario, other benos can easy break this "chain-stun". Even if said marine also have backup. Two benos is enough for them both to escape. Oh no! NERF SLUG, IT'S SO POWERFULL!
    Stun
    Stand up briefly
    Immediately stunned again

Slug scatter is basically a nonfactor if you use attachments

Are slugs more skillbased than run up PB buckshot? Yes, but the old pre-new-nerf stun time was still enough for a stun to be a death sentence with +1 marine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    Xenos have a massive counter to buckshot, which is just staying out of it's fucking range. Xenos CHOOSE when they want to fight marines, marines cannot force the xenos to fight them, except on Prison station and arguably Trijent with the unique comms tower up. Acid blood should only be discouraging multiple PB shots, not a complete and total counter to it—this is why it is a GOOD thing that acid blood doesn't cause you to immediately die when you shoot a xeno, as it takes no effort on the xeno's part to have acid blood hurt a marine, but a LOT of effort on the marine's part to get a PB buckshot shot off. Also, the only xenos that will straight up die from a PB buckshot are young/mature T1s and T2s, from what I recall, and if you fuck up as a Warrior, Lurker, or Runner against a marine you should die.
    Xenos also have pheromones, queen heal, and a hilariously long 'critical health' period even if they have been technically 'one shot'. The only true one shot attacks are explosives, currently.

A robust spitter can hold back 5+ shotgun unga users if none of them are packing slugs. A boiler makes it impossible to get anywhere near them to PB. A hedgehog ravager (which is what the majority of bald ravager players seem to pick) makes it so you take a shit ton of damage if you don't stop to pick out fingernails from your arm or something. What counter do the marines have to any of these? You can say that a fire extinguisher works against spitters (It only does if someone ELSE uses it, which is arguably only a soft counter), but boilers and hedgehog ravagers do not have any counterplay besides good fire support.

I am genuinely concerned that you are applying to be a developer for CM with this sort of mindset, it shows a lack of understanding of the game's mechanics.
    Xenos cannot push entrenched marines and "stay out of their range" when literally all of them have shotguns. That is why there is an overdependency on boiler. If xenos cannot push defenses they can't break stalemates so rounds either last 4 hours or xenos need to spam boilers.

Acid blood causing immediate death was annoying, but it was only burn damage which is easy to heal, it is now literally a nonfactor.

Yes, a robust spitter can be robust, but unless five marines are literally the baldest ever they cannot hold back five marines, they shouldn't be able to and they lack the spit speed and stopping power to do so alone. Hedgehog boiler is retardedly good at stopping pushes, but boiler is literally necessary to push, it is a 100% necessary caste to win as a xeno, no other castes are that important.

I don't appreciate the ad-hominem, I am glad that we are having a discussion about game mechanics but I don't think you've ever played xebomorph or Queen, or if you have you haven't played enough to fully grasp what causes rounds to keep going on for 3+ hours when the xenomorphs are unable to push. It is PB buckshot - xenomorphs are a CQC based faction and are being outclassed by every marine in CQC by buckshot.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys the melee faction just has to not get into melee range, that's how they defeat buckshot!

On a serious note there's no reason to attack Noah personally because you disagree, frankly I agree with everything he has to say here.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stun
    Stand up briefly
    Immediately stunned again

Slug scatter is basically a nonfactor if you use attachments

Are slugs more skillbased than run up PB buckshot? Yes, but the old pre-new-nerf stun time was still enough for a stun to be a death sentence with +1 marine.
    Hmmm... What it is written here?:
    ... OR hit with another slug before you get back up, perma-stunning you. I did it to defenders and warriors all the time...
    Nothing about standing up. And it's not immediately. If you keep pressing movement key, pre-nerf slug would give you enough time to move on tile, enough to dodge if it was fired directly at your tile.

Even all of the attachements doesn't reduce scatter permanently, there still will be a chance. It wasn't death sentence if marine wasn't lucky and skilled. Not many stunnable benos should be able to easly pull off 1vs2 (which of T1's and T2's will win direct combat against 2 marines with pulse rifle on open field and without escaping, with equal skill, no darkness and other beno help?). If marine missed hitting slug even once, beno escaped. I found it fair. High Risk - High Reward. All that combat beno had to do was to dodge first slug and that's it.

Bad benomains cry. Good benomains git good and don't complain about thing that wasn't unfair.
    Last edited by CABAL; 02-10-2020 at 09:47 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xenos cannot push entrenched marines and "stay out of their range" when literally all of them have shotguns. That is why there is an overdependency on boiler. If xenos cannot push defenses they can't break stalemates so rounds either last 4 hours or xenos need to spam boilers.

Acid blood causing immediate death was annoying, but it was only burn damage which is easy to heal, it is now literally a nonfactor.

Yes, a robust spitter can be robust, but unless five marines are literally the baldest ever they cannot hold back five marines, they shouldn't be able to and they lack the spit speed and stopping power to do so alone. Hedgehog boiler is retardedly good at stopping pushes, but boiler is literally necessary to push, it is a 100% necessary caste to win as a xeno, no other castes are that important.

I don't appreciate the ad-hominem, I am glad that we are having a discussion about game mechanics but I don't think you've ever played xebomorph or Queen, or if you have you haven't played enough to fully grasp what causes rounds to keep going on for 3+ hours when the xenomorphs are unable to push. It is PB buckshot - xenomorphs are a CQC based faction and are being outclassed by every marine in CQC by buckshot.
    It is not an ad hominem to state that I do not think you are capable of doing developer work when you do not fully grasp the game. That's not how ad hominem works. If I said you were a bad developer because you don't shower, that is an ad hominem.

Xenos can easily push marines if they actually use teamwork. The vast majority of xeno players just want to be 'badass lone wolf xeno who solos 20 marines' instead of an organized hive of killing machines. You don't even need to be particularly good as spitter to hold back marines, you just need to be able to switch between spit types. Boilers being overpowered has been an issue forever and it is just accepted as fact now, since it does not seem to be changing any time soon.

I have been playing SS13 for over 6 years and CM for about 3 or 4. I stopped playing xeno about a year ago due to them becoming far too easy to play. Xenos are also not outclasses in cqc by buckshot, buckshot is simply the only weapon that a regular marine has that can actually threaten and punish a xeno for making mistakes. That is why you see xenos complain about it so much. If the M41A was capable of slowing down xenos by shooting them with it, or the M39 actually did damage, you would see xenos complain about those too.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobatnight View Post
    Hey guys the melee faction just has to not get into melee range, that's how they defeat buckshot!

On a serious note there's no reason to attack Noah personally because you disagree, frankly I agree with everything he has to say here.
    Yes, the melee faction that is most known for sitting at 2 tile wide chokepoints spamming acid sprays, neuro gas, and Ravager bone shards at marines.

Bobat, you may not like me, but you don't need to try and act snarky. You're staff and should be acting professionally.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    Yes, the melee faction that is most known for sitting at 2 tile wide chokepoints spamming acid sprays, neuro gas, and Ravager bone shards at marines.

Bobat, you may not like me, but you don't need to try and act snarky. You're staff and should be acting professionally.
    Runners/Lurkers/Crushers/Defenders/Warriors

I don't know who you are, you getting noted/banned for breaking rules isn't bias, I'd drop the victim complex. If you think I act unfairly towards you I'd direct you to a staff report or DMs as this isn't the place for that conversation.