User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An Open Letter to the devs - Don't tread on nades. (About the latest dev branch)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    If you want QoL for researchers how about an automatic way to deploy chems you make like a chute going to req for CTs/RO to bag your stuff and dump or a way for it to go to medical or something. Make your chems worth something instead of begging medics to take them
    Oooh, there’s an idea that could work for both Researcher AND Ordinance Tech. The mechanics already exist in game, the tubes. If Research could send stuff like a package of autoinjectors with room-temperature Cryox, that new medication that heals bones, ultrazine, and all kinds of other stuff. And ordinance could send down packages of the newest in Friendly-Fire weaponry. I just wish they had a way for you to both mass produce a combo you like, as well as package it for launching towards req.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Researchers should be able to take dead xeno bodies and make better armor or weapon upgrades or something, that's what would make researcher fun again
    We used to have that.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to be honest, I'm completely flabbergasted by this. Tobi is completely correct and justified in the updates and changes he and other developers have made. Baldies blowing up the research lab and/or destroying the entirety of containment cells with a vulgarly simple water+pot grenade stopped being funny after the fifth time it happened. Not to mention using the bluespace beakers for said chemnade (singular, which was the worst crime) which either did not work at all since BS capacity was way beyond max explosive cap and the act itself falls into the grey area of softgriefing.

In general the bombermen researchers were, from my general experience, usually hogging the entirety of the lab's resources, being hostile and territorial towards other researchers, completely disobedient towards their superior - the CMO, and purposefully being a dead weight if they didn't get what they wanted. And honestly, it didn't feel like research work at all. The methods and recipes for chemnade making were always the same. Unlike say, playing with mutagen, making experimental medicine with the synth sim, researching chems. All of these have an element of randomness to them that bomb making lacked. I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy making chemnades myself and using them as an excuse to gear up in a full marine kit and go down to test them, distribute them, maybe shoot a runner who breached into fob a little.

But now we have the OT, with better, more readily available chemical supplies, greatly expanded selection of what the actual explosive will be (instead of just a choice between a small and a large chemnade) and having zero worries about randoms breaking into the lab to ask for unga juice.

And if you actually uniroincally scoff at the fact that you can do surgeries and will likely be expected to come downstairs to help medbay, all I gotta say is that that kind of attitude is the reason researcher is the third most hated role by the general player populace.

So basically the update is awesome and shows that Tobi has and will continue to put in great effort to make R&D a greatly fun and engaging activity that brings in a much needed breath of fresh air to the stale shipside roles.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!