User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: huebone - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, and I suspect that they were the same images found here without context. Ofcourse they sound pretty heinous without the context. If everyone was joking around and you single out a quote, you'd find that I'm not the most heinous nor the least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you can bring a better case to the board then just "it's in shitpost, it's acceptable" because it's down to the discord staff team to actually give you a second chance as well as the heads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, this ban seems a little heavy-handed to me, especially considering the recent shitposting standards. Of course, you didn't do the right thing making those 'jokes', but your note history on the Discord seems pretty clear.

I'd support lifting the ban, although with a probation of some sort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freemysoul View Post
    I hope you can bring a better case to the board then just "it's in shitpost, it's acceptable" because it's down to the discord staff team to actually give you a second chance as well as the heads.
    I've already given my case. I've said that it was without a single warning. Imagine playing a round of CM where you get Permabanned because you said "Ayy Lmao" as a xeno. Imagine you said it for the 4th time and there hasn't been a warning given to you, and your notes do not say anything about it. Then out of nowhere, you get permabanned because "Ayy Lmao" is low RP shenanigans. Imagine this, no warning, no temp ban, no job ban, no admin asking you what or why. You just get a PM saying "you are getting permanently banned for low rp" and it's done. That's the equivalent here.

No one said anything, not a mention, not a single pm about what I was saying. And for that I got banned. Not to mention Kerek already made it clear he simply doesn't like me.

Whitelisted Predator Skysoldier's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do think that shitposting is shitposting, on the other hand there is no clause or reason to say something being in shitposting is a free pass to do whatever.

This includes forms of excessive language and any behaviours that can be portrayed via jokes, in or outside contexts.

I believe whats shown here has exceeded some general limit with only what I can see, and if not, I do see some really excessive phrases.

Of course taking anything out into vacuum could portray badly but I think you are at least about 70% in fault here.

So for now, I'm against this appeal unless I see some form of concession honestly.

I will however, look further into this and check your records and context.
    Marine: Musica 'Ham' Howard/Pred: Etka N'thal'eyal

Trial Moderator>Moderator>Trial Admin>Admin>Senior Moderator>Santa

You only live once, think about what you are doing, what you can do, what you will do. Don't make mistakes or regret your decisions, you will only ever make them once every time until it's over.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not sure we can fully believe these 'jokes' as jokes. Either way your behavior has nothing to do with Kerek, i can attest that Kerek was nothing more than a glorified executioner. Currently i can't support an unban. As either way, joking with a mod or staff doesnt make behavior acceptable. And shitposting isn't for saying jokes to make people mad. Its for hahafunny memes. All rules still apply, theyre just a little more lax. I'd say give it a few weeks, so we know you understand that you messed up,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sargash View Post
    Im not sure we can fully believe these 'jokes' as jokes. Either way your behavior has nothing to do with Kerek, i can attest that Kerek was nothing more than a glorified executioner. Currently i can't support an unban. As either way, joking with a mod or staff doesnt make behavior acceptable. And shitposting isn't for saying jokes to make people mad. Its for hahafunny memes. All rules still apply, theyre just a little more lax. I'd say give it a few weeks, so we know you understand that you messed up,
    You really think I'm a manipulative pimp-like figure who smacks women around? You're sorely mistaken. And I can't know what unacceptable behavior if either mod or staff DOES view the jokes and doesn't even remark it or rather, as you said, was joking with(if I could see the context). How does that even make sense? If I was getting out of hand then isn't it the responsibility of the moderators to at least warn me about it? Instead I made a couple of jokes and none of the moderators respond negatively, neither does the discord staff. Where's the logic in thinking that it's fair to drop the axe abruptly long after the incident?
    Last edited by Challade; 01-20-2019 at 02:01 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I�m going to be neutral since Emerald approved the ban last night.

Just too add on I rarely care what you post in discord as long as it doesn�t harm or offend someone in our Discord.

In this instance it seems it did, so it went to Emerald, and she felt just to have you banned.
    Last edited by Lumdor; 01-20-2019 at 03:33 PM.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While this might be a discord ban, you didn't answer the question as to weather or not you have been or are banned from any other server.

This is a ban from Yog

https://forums.yogstation.net/index....d-other.12719/

And if you read this thread over at TG, it references a ERP/+18 ban over at Paradise under a different name or ckey perhaps.

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewto...20891&p=465730

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is going to be a -1 from me, I think you overstepped your mark here and you need to take time off discord to realise what is the cause for this. My vote is also due to you failing to disclose your bans from other servers also.