User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Abysmal State of POs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PO is only needed for the dropships to launch more effectively, it's not *mandatory*, technically CIC can replace POs but the only difference would be slower flight time and that's bad.

Also I am strongly against making the role of POs mandatory, there are times when there are no POs such as deadpop but luckily there's the lone SO or an SL and so the round is saved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think PO needs any massive reworks, just reasonable changes here or there to make it more enjoyable for everyone. Simple shit that makes the game more interesting for them, not tedious and repetitive at least.
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly I think if POs had other skills it'd help them out with uneventful rounds. As a PO I've had rounds where I've got nothing to do, but CIC has one SO and Medbay's swamped... but the PO's leadership skill is just one short of being able to use OW (making them the only Officers unable to use the console) and they don't even have the medical skill to open a pill bottle, so all I could do was sit on the dropship and twiddle my thumbs.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then what? The 4th or even 3rd PO'll just go ultra unga, there are already problems with some SL, COs, doing no leading but using the extra stuff they get just to unga harder.
    You throw those skills on a role that doesn't have real job in the round and that's what you get.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Transport is, at its very core, a boring job. You go from A to B - there isn't much that makes it interesting.

What USED to make it interesting was the lack of lockable doors when we had dropship shutters - you had a lot of xenos rushing the dropship and that kept you pretty occupied.
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttly View Post
    Then what? The 4th or even 3rd PO'll just go ultra unga, there are already problems with some SL, COs, doing no leading but using the extra stuff they get just to unga harder.
    You throw those skills on a role that doesn't have real job in the round and that's what you get.
    The problem is, we already have that issue on rare occasions. POs have gone MIA only to later be found nested on the other side of the map or fighting at the cade line for 5+ minutes every time they land. The simple fact is there's a very small number of people who go PO because of the gun so they can wander off. I'll admit that, sure, but what about the handful of us POs that take our jobs seriously and do it well? Are we supposed to be doomed to both boring gameplay and a lack of support skills to give us something to do while the engines are on cooldown, the ship is in transit, or we're Alamo CASEVAC on Ice?
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The issues with PO being the most boring job on Almayer is further exacerbated by the short duration of rounds: Even before the mutator changes, I've had rounds as PO when I literally did nothing but sit in the cockpit of Normandy all round because nobody called CAS or CASEVAC.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I say refueling I don't mean after every run, more like once every 4 or 5 runs. Yes it's just clicking but it's a break from the regular clicking. The one really bad thing about it that would really suck is making marines wait even longer to go down if they late join/get out of medbay, since waiting for the dropship is definitely more boring than flying it. Again though only once ever 4 or 5 drops so not a massive impact.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heraclitus View Post
    When I say refueling I don't mean after every run, more like once every 4 or 5 runs. Yes it's just clicking but it's a break from the regular clicking. The one really bad thing about it that would really suck is making marines wait even longer to go down if they late join/get out of medbay, since waiting for the dropship is definitely more boring than flying it. Again though only once ever 4 or 5 drops so not a massive impact.
    It would be on lowpop rounds without PO to refuel. And how would you explain dropship hijack if it would lack fuel for a flyby to the planet?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FGRSentinel View Post
    The problem is, we already have that issue on rare occasions. POs have gone MIA only to later be found nested on the other side of the map or fighting at the cade line for 5+ minutes every time they land. The simple fact is there's a very small number of people who go PO because of the gun so they can wander off. I'll admit that, sure, but what about the handful of us POs that take our jobs seriously and do it well? Are we supposed to be doomed to both boring gameplay and a lack of support skills to give us something to do while the engines are on cooldown, the ship is in transit, or we're Alamo CASEVAC on Ice?
    If your idea of making a role better is by letting them do other roles instead of its designated one then you can just play Synth, fundamentally PO is a role that can be replaced by an NPC and they'll do the basics just fine and no one would have to suffer playing it or playing around it.