• Its okay but it needs adjustments

16 23.53%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ban on roundstart "shenanigans" - a discussion

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have an issue with little fights or even a melee involving a whole squad that just uses punches.
    What I do have an issue with is when people use that as an excuse to go ham and do stupid stuff like C4 shit on the Almayer or escalate it to knives and guns.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    I don't have an issue with little fights or even a melee involving a whole squad that just uses punches.
    What I do have an issue with is when people use that as an excuse to go ham and do stupid stuff like C4 shit on the Almayer or escalate it to knives and guns.
    I agree with this , a brawl or fistfight is fine but taking out weapons and blowing things up as a professional soldier prior to a deployment is simply low rp/grief

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But then you can just hit them with the ban hammer, and that's usually caused by new/shitter players who just look for reason to escalate.

I've hosted a freaking boxing champion ship in the shower before as a Delta PFC, and it was fun, and we only did punches + we stopped immediately when a bone broke. Like if your bone breaks during the brawl, you're out and gonna be moved to medbay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I think briefing brawls should be allowed, gives MP's something to do. If it escalates too much they can allways request the new riot ERT or something like that or you know, let MP's do their job. Also shit like clusterbangs are retarded and shouldnt be abused in such cases.

Usually people keep it to shoves/punches and it doesnt delay deployments really. There are a lot of other things that delay the deployment harder than a fist fight between charlie and delta. Rightnow there is just nothing ever happening ever pre deployment and most people just afk in briefing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    > Squad mass brawls over a retarded reason

> Squads get detained

> Squads Mutiny.

I've seen this happen so many times, I'm an advocate for IC responses to most things, but roundstart shit like this can generally completely derail a round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like we need more information on what "roundstart" counts as. I have seen brawls on the alamo 45 minutes in and everyone was put asleep so the mods could say "No roundstart shenanigans"
    beast

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My understanding is "roundstart" counts as all events leading up to first drop considering that the rule is in place to prevent anything that'd delay the actual start of the round. Considering all action starts the moment the Marines land on the planet, I'd assume that's the case.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About year ago any RP that screwed marines was encouraged. Pointless grief is already bannable, let us have some pre drop fun before being slaughtered by benos anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since rounds are so short and the time in which it takes for xenos to grow considerably powerful has decreased, round start tomfoolery is frequently a huge detriment to the marines chances of winning. If the marine wins weren't so dependent on deploying by 12:25 - 12:35 I think more leniency on round start behavior would be acceptable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find that this rule needs to be enforced a little stronger, Marines fighting everywhere, fighting in the lines of req, breaking windows in briefing/checkpoints rather then using a gernal comms box in the hallways, medics stealing stuff from medical, engineers breaking into engineering for more supplies.

As I've been playing SO a lot, I find myself arresting many marines for hooliganism or damage to government property and admins/mods don't do much. I shouldn't be enforcing marine law, but come on, MPs are worse and worse each year, 2018 was the best CMPs, you can't claim yourself as a good MP when you don't enforce anything. <--- This should go in Acid goop really, but Im saying it here.