User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: It just doesn't feel fun to play anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan_albatross View Post
    *mindless slashing

these people are xenomains
    I'm not a huge fan of the direction xeno gameplay has gone either. Hunters used to be alot smaller and stealthier. It used to be a lot more feasible doing things like sneaking within the marines defensive lines and sometimes even making it on the sulaco/almayer. Crushers used to feel a lot more unique but now they just are a heavy hunter. I miss playing matador with crushers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The game won’t die, as said above, it isn’t as good as it was before but it surely is fun to the new ''customers'' that know nothing but what the new hollow CM currently is. And that is completely fine, for the new and upcoming players at least— But it is no surprise the old and majority of the base community has been currently slowly fading away.
    It's pretty clear that the old crowd doesn't matter to those running it now. Numbers are numbers and newer numbers that don't complain about how things have changed are even better.

This isn't exclusive to CM though. There's excessively few servers that care who comes and goes as long as they still pull in good numbers.
    Last edited by Driker; 12-16-2020 at 09:55 AM.
    STOP TRYING TO A HAND WHOLE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 128th View Post
    I been around here since 2015 and still remember old school cades that wouldn't allow you to shoot through them if you happened to be at opposite side of them. I agree that current engineering sucks ass. There is no fun in it, just a line of boring and non-rewarding choirs. Biggest downgrades from my experience over course of this years are:
    - Locations where you can't place cades and generally can't build, like shuttles. There is no way to defend shuttle from xenos invasion if your PO is incompetent.
    - Pathetic stats for manned weapons like M56 HMG that completely useless and acts like noobie trap.
    - Lack of proper equipment for those regular marines that picks specific role kits.
    - Consistent nerfing of all marine's weapons.
    bro i remember old and when new shuttle came out but they didn't remove shuttle building; you had to build outside to do it but you could still FOB the shuttle

made for some interesting FOB's that forced xenos to rely on boilers to get in when marines had a HMG south and two turrets pointed at west and east dropship entrances

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -Remove tank
    -Remove specs
    -Reel in the power creep
    -Stop trying to enforce goofy subjective 'RP standards' and let players do fun shenanigans with eachover
    -Remove the nuke
    -Remove all barricade related code and make tables 10x stronger
    -Replace MP's with Honour Guard
    -Add AI

If CM wants to go down the full TDM route why are you still sitting on the fence with so many things? why do I have to wait for 10 minutes in a req line to get the attachment I want, why can't I just get any attachment or gun or equipment piece I want from a general vendor? Why do I have to be 1 out of 100 people lucky enough to roll spec to get an interesting weapon, why does only 1 marine get the RPG which can 1 shot anything and has no counter play to it?? Why am I unable to get the loadout I want to play with unless I roll round start marine and rush the vendors for the few AP mags that are sitting about, where is the QoL I would expect from a MOBA.

Why hasn't feweh made a high roleplay milsim CM yet??
    Last edited by Dreven; 12-15-2020 at 12:32 AM.

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm having fun with CM.

:DDDD

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best analogy to use to describe what happened to CM is it got the Galaxy's treatment and got NGE'ed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    The core game was butchered due to years of poor leadership which caused poor game design and lack of direction.
    Development suffered far more from this than the staffing side did, with many developers pouring out shitty mechanics that degraded the integrity of the game and no one in a leadership position with enough far-sight to correct it.

Now you have a game with little depth and a staff team so bankrupt from the original goal of CM.

However, I believe the playerbase has shifted so drastically that this is ideally what the majority wants now. The playerbase in-large doesn't want 2015-2016 Era, they enjoy the present game for what it's worth and the majority is simply no longer the majority.
    It's not like certain mechanics (Specifically 90% of engineering related ones) were butchered long before you and apop left CM... haha...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
    The best analogy to use to describe what happened to CM is it got the Galaxy's treatment and got NGE'ed.
    I played old Galaxies and I hate you so much for both reminding me of it and saying something I entirely agree with.
    STOP TRYING TO A HAND WHOLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMASPACENINJA View Post
    It's not like certain mechanics (Specifically 90% of engineering related ones) were butchered long before you and apop left CM... haha...
    Odd comment since we laid the foundation for Engineering FOB. Obviously over the 4years of my time there were changes, specifically removing e-grills and mass wall building.
    This was however replaced with an alternative system metal-barricades + barbed wire along with new sentries, manual MG guns and mortars.

So you're pretty much talking out of your ass when you pulled that 90% number out of nowhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    Odd comment since we laid the foundation for Engineering FOB. Obviously over the 4years of my time there were changes, specifically removing e-grills and mass wall building.
    This was however replaced with an alternative system metal-barricades + barbed wire along with new sentries, manual MG guns and mortars.

So you're pretty much talking out of your ass when you pulled that 90% number out of nowhere.

There are many comments in this thread adressing the same issue i did , but none of them seem odd to you. Probably because they don't mention that most of the streamlining was done by the old dev team.

You laid a foundation and never built upon it. Only removed pretty much everything except for that foundation.

Here are some things i can remember, aside from cheesy stuff like pipes and table/cade stacking, glass panel nerfs, metal cost for walls, or other things already mentioned in this thread:

Regular walls 8-step deconstruction (taking longer than r walls)
    Walls getting much more resistant to gunfire
    R-walls removal
    Door-walls removal
    Walls becoming unbuildable on all surfaces except for metal floors ( Only floors that had regular 'plating' beneath them, which completely disabled wall building on prison, for example)
    Racks becoming 1-hit to destroy
    Tables being moved from construction menu to the autolathe
    Doors becoming unbuildable by combat engies
    Girders becoming 1-hit AND blocking bullets
    Sentry losing all of it's settings and getting nerfed so hard nobody wanted to pick it for a year and a half. All of that just to make the MG a viable pick.

All of that accompanied by a gorillion of balance issues that made even smaller number of things usable (E.g metal cades with their 250 HP, MG and mortar when they first got added)

Basically you took engineering and removed/nerfed most ways of interacting with environment or using things that aren't cades.
    Engies got left to play with 3 types cades and barbwire, along with whatever one deployable was viable at the time. Walls were then unfucked by lother mid 2019.

If thats not streamlining the gameplay then idk what is.