User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Lurkers shouldn't be able to pick offweed regen

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The marine side of the game with it's command structure can only be described as chaotic. We can't count on the individual player to fully understand their role or even play their role. Just because a PO was not experienced enough t either lock his doors or check his dropship before taking off shouldn't punish the rest of the shipside crew. I'm not saying shipside Xenos are a bad thing, but they are an incident that requires great coordination to handle if the Xeno player is somewhat competent.

The biggest issue with organization in the game is that communication is difficult. To speak with someone you need to stop moving to type, and the other player needs to read your statement in the chat. We can't fight and type or even walk. Our command is supposed to handle this aspect of communication, but usually that performance ends up falling short due to the same reasons it does on the ground.

What I'm trying to say is that some mechanical changes need to be made to compensate for the fact that it is difficult for people to communicate.
    Clancy Long
    Ethan

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulaboy View Post
    The marine side of the game with it's command structure can only be described as chaotic. We can't count on the individual player to fully understand their role or even play their role. Just because a PO was not experienced enough t either lock his doors or check his dropship before taking off shouldn't punish the rest of the shipside crew. I'm not saying shipside Xenos are a bad thing, but they are an incident that requires great coordination to handle if the Xeno player is somewhat competent.

The biggest issue with organization in the game is that communication is difficult. To speak with someone you need to stop moving to type, and the other player needs to read your statement in the chat. We can't fight and type or even walk. Our command is supposed to handle this aspect of communication, but usually that performance ends up falling short due to the same reasons it does on the ground.

What I'm trying to say is that some mechanical changes need to be made to compensate for the fact that it is difficult for people to communicate.
    Xenos have to deal with the exact same thing but we have anonymity which makes it easy to not do your job or be a dick because no one will ever know who you are and you can just move on to the next round like nothing ever happened. Xenos are also a hivemind which means we shouldnt even need communication but we are limited just as much if not more than marines. I dont see why marines need their hand held to protect them from baldies any more than xenos do.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Xenos have to deal with the exact same thing but we have anonymity which makes it easy to not do your job or be a dick because no one will ever know who you are and you can just move on to the next round like nothing ever happened. Xenos are also a hivemind which means we shouldnt even need communication but we are limited just as much if not more than marines. I dont see why marines need their hand held to protect them from baldies any more than xenos do.
    Only benos that can build things can screw up other benos. It's even hard to bodyblock other beno on purpose, not even talking about accidental.
    Xenos can just hide in vents, or darkness and speak as much as they want. Marine standing in place risk that Mature Lurker (69) awaits in shadows and will strike. Xeno doesn't risk anything.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Only benos that can build things can screw up other benos. It's even hard to bodyblock other beno on purpose, not even talking about accidental.
    Xenos can just hide in vents, or darkness and speak as much as they want. Marine standing in place risk that Mature Lurker (69) awaits in shadows and will strike. Xeno doesn't risk anything.
    You once again have no idea what you are talking about because you never play xeno.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You once again have no idea what you are talking about because you never play xeno.
    Right, I never was a defender, besides every round I die early.
    As a beno I live in constant fear! Those marines who can turn invisible and sneak upon me when I'm speaking! They are hiding in vents, they have x-ray and they see in darkness! Horror! One punch and I have broken exoskeleton and internal bleeding!

What beno can do to screw other benos besides building door/walls and bodyblocking (not taking Queen into account), MisterIPlayEverySideAndIKnowBetterSoShutYourMouthY ouDontKnowShit?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Building bad walls/doors, body blocking, NOT building walls/doors when they're needed, NOT planting weed, NOT building secure nest, NOT guarding hosts, bad positioning during fights that restricts spitting castes, and the old old case of "evolution race" which can make or break the round for the early game, especially on low pop (where you need a Boiler to have a chance at holding vs marines)
    Last edited by DefinitelyAlone0309; 01-31-2019 at 12:52 AM.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The idea is that Xeno is more of an individual than a marine is. They are much more self sufficient compared to marines who often require other players to assist them in any of their actions. Overall they require less coordination which is why they have less tools for coordinating.
    Clancy Long
    Ethan

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefinitelyAlone0309 View Post
    Building bad walls/doors, body blocking, NOT building walls/doors when they're needed, NOT planting weed, NOT building secure nest, NOT guarding hosts, bad positioning during fights that restricts spitting castes, and the old old case of "evolution race" which can make or break the round for the early game, especially on low pop (where you need a Boiler to have a chance at holding vs marines)
    No beno will die becouse there wasn't a wall, or a door there. Weeds are plentyfull and many benos can plant them so it's not such a big deal and benos won't just start instantly dying becouse there are no weeds around. Secure nests are not needed when benos are not capturing anyone anyway. Same with guarding hosts, besides... Who captures perfectly healthy marines? They are always slashed, even when combat hugged. Every beno takes risk of host dying, so they are slashing untill paincrit hits, thus no guarding needed.

There is no single mistake that could be made by xeno to kill multiple benos. Even taking T3, or T2 slot isn't that big of issue since Queen can deevolve so it's only minor inconvience. Besides, it's not direct mistake that will lead to xeno deaths. Not having boiler isn't directly responsible for death of benos.
    Bald PO who let hitchikers on the Almayer is responsible directly. Bald Medic who OD marines by mistake will kill treated marines. Bald SL who took this "job" just to get better gear is responsible.

Any mistake made by beno (outside queen) can be solved. Plenty of mistakes made by marines cannot.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Devs kinda confirmed this is a bug, Because we fought a Praetorian that was a literal Raid Boss on the Almayer. Solo'd the entire Almayer for god knows how long and killed who knows how many marines and ship side personnel by itself. And the healing it received from this mutator was just stupid strong.

Its not fun for anyone to get out of cryo and just swiped by some Lurker. Or for an entire ship just to kill one xeno.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bancrose View Post
    Devs kinda confirmed this is a bug, Because we fought a Praetorian that was a literal Raid Boss on the Almayer. Solo'd the entire Almayer for god knows how long and killed who knows how many marines and ship side personnel by itself. And the healing it received from this mutator was just stupid strong.

Its not fun for anyone to get out of cryo and just swiped by some Lurker. Or for an entire ship just to kill one xeno.
    -Xenos can heal on any Z level regardless of where Queen is

-Xeno mutator to heal off weeds

That's not a bug it's just poor oversight.