Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Why Lurkers shouldn't be able to pick offweed regen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharinoma View Post
    Hello~~
    I'd just like to chime in to state a few things.
    - Bugs and exploits happen, you cant reasonnably expect a dev team working on a game involving over 100 players trying to kill each other to merge things that work 100% on the first try every time.
    - Both Xenos and Marines are given leeway with some bug abusing or generally exploiting behaviors when updates get merged. There are multiple reasons for this, the usual one being it's impossible for the staff team to enforce fairly and coherently. These issues are fixed by the dev team as fast as they can.
    - Stop shitting on the dev team. If you guys aren't happy with the way they work, you're free to go. If you find another RP oriented game as complex as this one that allows two hundred players to fight each other the way they do, with regular updates and a developpement team that values community feedback as much, please let me know.
    Banning players for being too good at killing people on the almayer is actually more dumb than banning players for calling OB's on a dropship full of aliens.

You people can't be serious? That isn't a bug, that isn't an exploit. Killing people on the almayer is literally intended gameplay - just because someone is good at it doesn't warrant banning or warning them. If you don't want that kind of gameplay, then you need to rework or remove the mutator that's recently enabled it.

What's next? Banning players for being too good with pointblank shotguns? Only use the shotgun in this specific way or else!

I don't want to see anyone punished for playing elder lurker (666) on the almayer and killing 40 defenseless people thanks to this stupid mutator enabling it. If the dev team doesn't like it, then CHANGE OR REMOVE THE MUTATOR. My god, this is like adding an M41 with built in QFA+BC to the game and then warning marines who kill too many xenos with it to stop or they'll get banned. What the actual fuck?
    Last edited by Boersgard; 02-04-2019 at 08:07 AM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boersgard View Post
    Banning players for being too good at killing people on the almayer is actually more dumb than banning players for calling OB's on a dropship full of aliens.

You people can't be serious? That isn't a bug, that isn't an exploit. Killing people on the almayer is literally intended gameplay - just because someone is good at it doesn't warrant banning or warning them. If you don't want that kind of gameplay, then you need to rework or remove the mutator that's recently enabled it.

What's next? Banning players for being too good with pointblank shotguns? Only use the shotgun in this specific way or else!

I don't want to see anyone punished for playing elder lurker (666) on the almayer and killing 40 defenseless people thanks to this stupid mutator enabling it. If the dev team doesn't like it, then CHANGE OR REMOVE THE MUTATOR. My god, this is like adding an M41 with built in QFA+BC to the game and then warning marines who kill too many xenos with it to stop or they'll get banned. What the actual fuck?
    You answered yourself. It's not the skill, it's mutators.
    Nobody will ban anybody for being legit good, but we/staff don't want situations where one side has crushing adventage over another. If they do, they have rules to obey. Like preds, or synths.
    Who said that beno on almayer before shuttle crash is intended gameplay? Is that hard to avoid sneaking to the alamo?
    I WILL SAY IT AS CLEAR AS IT CAN BE: IT'S NOT HARD TO KILL WHOLE CREW WITH PISTOLS AT BEST, WHILE HIDING IN VENTS AND MAINTENANCE. DO IT AS DEFENDER, THIS WILL BE HARD, THIS REQUIRE SKILL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    You answered yourself. It's not the skill, it's mutators.
    Nobody will ban anybody for being legit good, but we/staff don't want situations where one side has crushing adventage over another. If they do, they have rules to obey. Like preds, or synths.
    Yeah but that shit's also stupid and only passable at all because it got gated up behind a roleplay-whitelist.

I'll say it again because it clearly isn't getting through: Banning players for being too good at using tools specifically added to the game to be used for those purposes is absolutely fucking retarded. Change the tools, don't punish the players for using them for what they were explicitly designed for.

Pointedly it comes off more as a salty staff member getting upset at being dumpstered and finding excuses to take it out on the offending player.

I actually can't believe anyone's defending or apologizing for this. I feel like I'm in bizzaro world.

IF YOU DONT LIKE LURKERS MEMING ON THE ALMAYER THANKS TO OFF-WEED REGEN
    THE INTELLIGENT THING TO DO
    IS CHANGE OR REMOVE OFF-WEED REGEN

BANNING/WARNING THE LURKER PLAYER
    FOR USING A TOOL YOU SPECIFICALLY ADDED TO THE GAME TO ENABLE THIS KIND OF GAMEPLAY
    IS BEYOND FUCKING RETARDED
    Last edited by Boersgard; 02-04-2019 at 10:00 AM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but that shit's also stupid and only passable at all because it got gated up behind a roleplay-whitelist.

I'll say it again because it clearly isn't getting through: Banning players for being too good at using tools specifically added to the game to be used for those purposes is absolutely fucking retarded. Change the tools, don't punish the players for using them for what they were explicitly designed for.

Pointedly it comes off more as a salty staff member getting upset at being dumpstered and finding excuses to take it out on the offending player.

I actually can't believe anyone's defending or apologizing for this. I feel like I'm in bizzaro world.

FOR USING A TOOL YOU SPECIFICALLY ADDED TO THE GAME TO ENABLE THIS KIND OF GAMEPLAY
    Admin/devs can't add and remove things on the fly, they have their meetings/councils/bachelor parties where they talk stuff, then work on code to specifically remove almayer off weed healing. It's a glitch, it's a bug, it was an oversight that memelurkers exploited and powergamed. No healing on almayer was added long ago, while this added it where it wasn't intended. IT WASN'T SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO GIVE BENOS ABILITY TO HEAL THERE AND STILL THINKING IT WAS ADDED FOT THAT PURPOSE DESPITE KNOWING THAT DEFLAUT WEED HEALING WAS DISABLED IS A SIGN OF STAGE 2 BRAIN BENOMAINING AND FRONTAL LOBE FAILURE.

Ban threat is a fast bandaid in staff grasp. It's not skill, it's powergaming. Marines and benos were punished for using exploits by bans untill that exploit was fixed. Melting surgical tools by benos on almayer? REEEEEEEEEE! Skillfull beno big brain +200IQ melted them! If you don't want them melted, then make them unacidable! REEEEEEEE! Don't punish for being smart!
    Fucking straight powergaming and autoclickers? REEEEEEEE! It's skill!

Why those roles are locked behind whitelist? Becouse they can fucking decimate entire side with their full potential by themselfs alone and healing pussy vent almayer elder lurker ascend to that status.
    Last edited by CABAL; 02-04-2019 at 11:51 AM.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Except the staff have said a number of times that offweed regen wasn't supposed to enable Lurkers to slaughter the entire ship's crew while hiding in vents/maint to heal. It is not the intended purpose for the mutator and they've said it's an oversight. Coding a way for it to work on the same z-level as the Queen (which I assume is the solution they'll do) will take time. Marines have been banned for exploiting similarly BS glitches/bugs/oversights while the devs fixed them in the past, so why should Lurkers and other benos be given a pass?
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We often have to ask Lurkers to not just kill all the Cryo marines and run off on the ship and kill everyone/everything.

Realistically they were never suppose to be a Raid Boss on the Almayer.

So we are going to ask you to not just fuck up the entire ship with something you probably were not suppose to have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why was the lurker bwoinked?

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you mean the one from my story, they were told to stop resting on the ship because they'd just go around, slaughter people until their health got low, run to hide in maint, rest until healed, and continue. They killed something like 75-90% of shipside roles, I think? But yeah, nobody on the ship had the weapons to put them down before they bolted, so they were essentially unkillable before admins told the Lurker to stop resting.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one is banning or warning anyone, they're asking them to not use rest on the Almayer as it is a BUG that is yet to be fixed by the dev team. Xenos should not be able to heal between Z-levels regardless of off-weed regen, that's why we ask them to not rest on the Almayer as it is a bug and doing so would be bug abuse.

You won't get banned if you wipe everyone on the Almayer as a Young Drone but we'll ask you not to rest if you've got off-weed regen because as stated before, it's a bug and bug abuse is not okay.
    my first non combat medal

Whitelisted Synthetic themaskedman2's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps I am misunderstanding and I did stop playing for like a month-ish until recently but Z-level healing looks like it was changed as far as i'm aware?

January 14 2019 Changelog - Xenos can heal regardless of Queen Z level, but Queen's pheromones and healing abilities still don't reach beyond her Z level. -