Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: muh RP - Problems with current CM meta

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Pollard View Post
    Dont drag a marine infront of others and expect to just be given the cap ??? Im sorry but were talking about taking someone out of a round permenantly and everyones just expected to let it happen it because its unfair to the xeno that they arent just given a cap.

Your argument is complete bullshit, Its not powergaming if ICly you have full knowledge of the xenos intentions for the captured marine, youre asking people to just stand by and let their buddy get dragged off. If the ruling for marine bodies being walled off is that being revived is a privilege then xenos expecting marines to stand aside and allow for them drag and cap marines should also be one.

To many people are just expecting things to be given, whenever I cap as a xeno and im dragging a neurod marine infront of other marines and he gets shot I dont go "hey what the fuck thats total bullshit they shouldnt be allowed to prevent me from capping" Why is that??? Because I know im running a risk and taking a chance with it, Its not a given.

You can always just shoot the xeno!

A: No, depending on the caste, your movespeed and what gun youre using as well as a bunch of other shit. (Example; Youre using an m41A whilst the queen drags off a marine) Attempting to kill or severely injure the xeno to the point of giving up the cap is not always viable, shooting the marine is.

You can avoid punishment by just asking the marine at the roundstart for permission to kill them if anything happens!

A: The fuck??? Do you want me to run around with consent forms asking everyone if its ok. Like what is your argument here, who the fucks got time to ask 80+ marines this question. I mean its sort of a given that if anything bad should happen you do whats needed to be done.

The rule was created by EB they where a fucking beepsky main for christ sake.
    when did this even happen because I never seen anyone get banned for shooting a marine being dragged by xeno

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shitposting aside, though. I'm going to be real with you guys. Constant threads and discussions are had about rp and the such but it's always the same people doing this shit. CM is a game, first and foremost. It takes place in a universe where you fight scary rape aliens with cool pulse rifles. The more you try to put logic and boring shit against the gameplay, it'll turn people off. People don't want to roleplay because these same types of people are annoying and would get mad their roleplay vision doesn't fit theirs. CM is like an 80s action movie and we're all actors in it. This isn't a super serious setting or whatever ARMA 3 server you came from. This is a game about killing aliens as gung-ho marines. This is a game about making friends and comrades as you struggle to survive. I promise you, i'm not lying. You can even watch the movie if you don't trust me. This isn't a serious setting and trying to make it so will ultimately kill rp.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by special2kira View Post
    when did this even happen because I never seen anyone get banned for shooting a marine being dragged by xeno
    Snake got delisted after telling people to shot at people being dragged

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the movies has people say the word "faggot" in them we will not turn to them for guidance, simple as.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no but for real can we play a game called "count the people who complain about RP every day that play once a month??".

Its such a dead end discussion that has been going on in circles for years now, most players just wanna have fun doing their own thing, shooting beans/woying 'rines and having fun with their friends. A tiny vocal minority of players want to enforce higher standards of RP because they feel their "immersion" is what the round revolves around. Blaming it on devs is pure cringe, when they have added nothing but more RP hooks to the game, while actually improving the core of the game, which is infact a TDM between aliens and xenomorphs. The worst era was a few years back when staff would intervene on everything that was just harmless fun, like banning basketball games on ship, banning IC phrases, and now were in the cool era where you can do what you want provided it doesen't hurt others, its literally the most liberating "RP standards" we can have.

This record is beyond broken

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Snake got delisted after telling people to shot at people being dragged
    wow is that why I only see him play on skyrat now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's all true
    im a predisexual

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop with the shitposting.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what people are having for breakfast but I never had a roleplay issue in CM. it only becomes an issue for me when something is so out of place.
    and considering we're playing a game where the losing condition is you get raped and die. and not really in that order.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Between 2019-2020 people were complaining about the lack of RP standards, etc etc or the evident decline of RP standards starting from the WL side down.

RP Issue was continuously debated while at the same time eroded due to multiple issues from Dev, WL standards, player standards, staff enforcement, and events.

Staff responded by increasing the moderation and actually took notice of WL issues. Attempts were made to improve events and standards as well as enforcement at a slow and steady pace. Devs had some good and bads inclusions of features but have an overall improvements to the gameplay/backend features(Bye bye lawnmower Ravs, sniper Eggs, etc). Attempts were made to include RP elements that had 3 results: Unused; Used; Unable to use due to Moderator Ruleset.

Devs removed some TDM features like K/D Scoreboard, improved the xeno gameplay flow with MOBA, DEFCON elements as an attempt to and started adding RP fluffs, readding MT and the like. Agents was an attempt but due to complications from Mod side RP enforcement and potential abuse it was scrapped. Many of the implementations were scrapped due to whacky RP enforcements. In a summarised manner, a lot of ups and downs.

Mods reacted by increasing moderation of RP to a higher degree till people burned out from the server. Several people were punished till Roleplay became nonexistent because people were too afraid to attempt an RP as well as have absolutely no clue how to RP in the context of the CM RP Player Demands. I repeat, there was no roleplay at the end of 2020 save for select individuals that were considered LRP in earlier days. People complaining about the downgrade of MRP to LRP when in fact there was no RP in the first place, unless you count bring mute in the game as RP.

At the end of the day, it was impossible for staff to enforce RP because theres literally 100 people who aggravatingly wants other people to RP the way they want. Add on to the fact that new players have no idea how to RP, especially RP in the good ol days and is unlikely to spend time reading lores and whatnot about issues.

Hilariously, these same RP fanatics managed to frustrate staff with constant RP complaints on events, enforcement, and how the other people play. Today, I dont see a large number of them remain in this server. These people complained and left, in large doves. I hardly see them here now. These are the same people then who couldnt get the other person to RP what they wanted and they constantly complained to staff till they leave. I see very very few of them in TGMC, playing a LRP server (AAAHAHAHAHA). A place where literally the standards were lower and I dont see them bother to RP. But to be fair, when you do try to RP with them they do know how to RP back.

The problem with today is the amount of angry people because they couldnt get the other people RP the way they wanted in the game and never once considered how the next person wants to play. Inconsiderate would be an appropriate term here. It is a small issue multiplied by a large amount of people that creates this massive RP issue we have today.

Take this one for an example(As an example, exclude OOC ruling or right and wrongs here): MP wants order, Chaotic MT wants chaos. Both side couldnt agree to each other therefore they take things OOCly. Now multiply that across all jobs and multiple people's view on how they want to RP.

My point is: Come up with a new solution or go home. Legit, you are all bringing old formulas that didnt work. RP begins with the player. Grimreaper is trying his best to improve the system. YOU as the player have to do something as well. Spend more time RPing and less time complaining. Not everything goes your way.

And another thing

You have no control over what the other people can or cannot RP. The other person has preference, they may love Ice Cream and hate Hamburger or vice versa(in a simplified example). Stop thinking that RP is a form of Control. Developers cannot force people to open their mouths and say something or control their movements or insert their brain with RP knowledge like the Matrix. This is the impression of what I think the RP players want the Devs to do.

LRPers and Devs didnt kill RP

The Huge Baby complainers did. They want to be spoonfed with RP.