5 13.89%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: muh RP - Problems with current CM meta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by special2kira View Post
    when did this even happen because I never seen anyone get banned for shooting a marine being dragged by xeno
    Oh its just that some admin nerd made an announcement or rule clarification about it still being enforced not to long ago. I dont see people get pulled up and it doesnt make much sense to be trying to enforce it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Pollard View Post
    Oh its just that some admin nerd made an announcement or rule clarification about it still being enforced not to long ago. I dont see people get pulled up and it doesnt make much sense to be trying to enforce it.
    The rule clarification came up cause someone shot a player being dragged away and that player ahelped "WTF Grief"

The problem from a balance perspective is people keep asking me change the policies on xenos doing everything to prevent revives. Medics and deploying doctors have basically made marines immortal, and until a GA Developer or Nanu says walling in marines is not intended, until I reasonably see that marines aren't mega anymore with unlimited revives, I think it's unfair to the xeno side to change it.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    The rule clarification came up cause someone shot a player being dragged away and that player ahelped "WTF Grief"

The problem from a balance perspective is people keep asking me change the policies on xenos doing everything to prevent revives. Medics and deploying doctors have basically made marines immortal, and until a GA Developer or Nanu says walling in marines is not intended, until I reasonably see that marines aren't mega anymore with unlimited revives, I think it's unfair to the xeno side to change it.
    TBH killing the dragged ussally fails from ceramic or becuase shooting the alien would’ve been better. It just bad meta wise even to typically kill the drag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wouldn't be opposed to increasing the chance for heartbreak. i've seen it twice in the past six months, if the chance scaled with death count it would give marines a reason to play around avoiding death instead of unga-ing 24/7 because they can be revived with no hassle unless they got fire OB'd

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its dumb to shoot the marine anyway when you can shoot the alien because while they're dragging someone they're unlikely to attack back

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kugamo View Post
    Staff want MRP
    >remove squad preps (SL and Squad interaction)
    >move briefing to hangar (briefing now a joke)
    >400 copy paste COs and Synths
    >remove shrapnel as serious damage (no reason to return to ship)
    >expand almayer so its basically a ghosttown (never alot of people together)
    >marines allowed to know about xenos IC (no reason to RP about giant death monsters)
    >remove defcon (marines learning about the threat and responding accordingly)
    >removes nuke & SD (good scenario drama)
    Why you all acting so LRP???

You can't force people to be creative, but hell most of the shit thats interesting about this setting isnt enforced IC or ignored for the sake of streamlining shooting xenos/slashing marines. I know prepping your marine/ doing briefing / or first contact can get tedious, but its just kinda lame how much people nowadays are only here to kill the enemy and thats what they consider fun or a good round. Theres alot of fun to be had RPing in a cool setting, but you have to leave space for it in how it affects your character. COs/XOs speedrunning briefing so they give as little time as possible to the xenos to build defences, marines getting angry and annoyed at long briefings/late deployment, and all the points I made at the top of this post are all symptoms of this. It should be RP and setting first, then UNGA within that framework.. not the other way around. UNGA or RP you choose.
    We do still have squad preps.
    I think it kinda sucks we have hangar briefings when the briefing hall looks so spiffy now but you can still RP in the hangar briefing room.
    Staff aren't really responsible for our whitelist people being shitty, whitelist people are responsible for being unoriginal.
    People hate being cut out of the round for minor damage for long stretches of time, I lived through that shit and I can say we're better off for it.
    Not every area of Almayer needs to be walked through, there are heatmaps, most people hang out at CIC medbay and req, and that's fine.
    Expected contact made things a million times better, RP'ing "small red dog" "weird acid blood bugs" and so on gets tiring FAST.
    Defcon had nothing to do about "learning about xenos" it was just a hustle for a small amount of people to get meaningless documents for arbitrary levels before we got resources.
    SD and lifeboats are the same, except lifeboats are higher stakes because you know you're going to die on SD so why care about taking damage.

A lot of your complaints are either non issues or changed for the better, a lot of the LRP in the game is because staff want the server to be more LRP, and more players want tdm/LRP than medium or high RP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading all of these posts, apparently nobody knows what the hell CM is.

Is it a mrp server?
    Is it a tdm server?
    Are LRPers to blame for RP?
    Are HRPers to blame for RP?
    Are devs adding things improving RP?
    Are devs removing things improving RP?
    Are increased enforcement of standards/rules improving RP?
    Are relaxed enforcement of standards/rules improving RP?
    Does the round length affect RP?
    Does game balance affect RP?

Way back when techy webs was being implemented, their was a whole lotta talk about "vision", some of which by individuals no longer apart of the staff team.

What is CM's "Vision"?
    Pretend iv never played CM before in my life, sell it to me, advertise, why should I play it? what experience does it provide? what type of game is it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skimmy2 View Post
    Reading all of these posts, apparently nobody knows what the hell CM is.

Is it a mrp server?
    Is it a tdm server?
    Are LRPers to blame for RP?
    Are HRPers to blame for RP?
    Are devs adding things improving RP?
    Are devs removing things improving RP?
    Are increased enforcement of standards/rules improving RP?
    Are relaxed enforcement of standards/rules improving RP?
    Does the round length affect RP?
    Does game balance affect RP?

Way back when techy webs was being implemented, their was a whole lotta talk about "vision", some of which by individuals no longer apart of the staff team.

What is CM's "Vision"?
    Pretend iv never played CM before in my life, sell it to me, advertise, why should I play it? what experience does it provide? what type of game is it?
    cm is tdm with people to talk to

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I had to advertise CM. I Would say it's a light-roleplaying community inspired by alien vs predator and also games set in that franchises.
    the game itself is built on an engine called BYOND made in 1996 and is based on bay station 12 2014 fork modification of TG.
    This means you'll see some extraordinary old feature that still lingers on here which only existed in old TG that CM is built on and nowhere else.
    Gameplay. CM gameplay is slow-paced and requires long-term planning. At the start of each game, you are given some grace period to prepare for the enemy before they attack. Think of it as those RTS games where you can also occasionally play a part of the match directly. This offers a similar experience to some other existing games on the market but considering this is a game built on an engine than a lot of SS13 Players. I think it's fairly impressive either way.
    The community itself consists of veterans and newer players who seek roleplaying or team deathmatch experience which CM can offer both. roleplaying however isn't really the main focus of the ground side gameplay as opposed to shipside where you aren't at risk of an attack from the xenomorph most of the time. With that out of the way, there are also many whitelisted roles if you're interested in playing in the community for a long time and are really good at a niche feature in the game.

It's free and you're always free to leave or return to the community whenever you please. however, do keep in mind like any community. there are always some people who complain about it no matter what the developers add to the game.
    Unfortunately, there are still the quality of life features that do not have the resource to be implemented into the game or would otherwise break certain aspects of the game (be it mechanically or player base)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skimmy2 View Post
    What is CM's "Vision"?
    Asked the same thing years ago, whats the vision, is there an end goal yadda yadda.

Truth is staff just wing it, devs are all just randoms doing their own thing, there is no goal posts shit just gets added, reverted, rebalanced and tossed out.

Youd think after 6 years of development there would be more to show than a few QoL updates and the M39 getting resprited for 100th time.

On the staff side CMs "vision" is the whims of whichever staff member is most popular amongst staff though it is heading the direction of every other hugbox server so I guess theres an end goal for that.