User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [FEEDBACK] Mapping Changes

Mentor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For ice what about incorporating height with the raised platforms we see in tridjent dam. You enter a hallway with stair sprites and these platforms give the illusion of going down while making it feel better while keeping everything on 1 z level.
    Kennard Davis
    -Captain
    -Medic
    -Trap
    -Spec
    -Retired from the Game, just a Forum Lurker now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almayer mapping changes round 1 is in. Medical was my work, Sly did SD, Cakey did brig and the rest.

A general bugfix/tweak update will come out in a day or two. After that, I'm all ears for feedback, either here or on Discord (I check discord more often), just ping @Miraviel.

Wiki Maintainer Emeritus Sargeantmuffinman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a bit odd to have brig in between medbay and briefing but it does help in arresting any trouble makers. One bit of annoyance I would think of is having the CMP's bunk and armory in the checkpoints. The armory sure, but I think the CMP's bunk could be better suited with where all the other officers bunks are.

The CMP's bunk currently could be replaced with another armory, splitting weapons and equipment between the checkpoints.
    As in the southern checkpoint, someone could very easily break into the armory and steal the tactical shotguns.

Tank bay being connected to CIC now makes it having a possible meta of defending both of those areas all the time.
    Nice escape path though.

Medbay's treatment centre is better for housing more dead and dying, which is nice.

I don't know how I feel about SD's layout. I don't know how it would make sense to split the arming rods. Would it be similar to a two factor authorization or something?

The actual layout seems weird to defend from the looks of it. But as the changelog says, you've got something planned for SD.

Overall the changes are welcome and now I need to update the wiki.
    George S.Patton once said: No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

Good hunting.

Staff from 16 May 2016 to 10th September 2021.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think having the brig next to briefing will be a definite improvement, obviously it's easier to break into now but if that becomes a massive issue you can always make stronger wall turfs.

Medbay looks like it will be harder to hold now, even though aesthetically I like the new medbay more and the extra space for holding wounded marines awaiting treatment is nice. I think one of the medbay storage rooms could be moved upstairs to the where the CMOs office is, and the CMO's office moved across.

More escape pods is always nice.

Don't know how I feel about the CIC ladders, will have to watch a few CIC sieges to find out.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to shit on new "Gym", but since marines are usually building Rage Cage there, I like it. Just add few pairs of boxing gloves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right some feedback. I love the work so far in the almayer but I have a couple of things. First the medical doors leading to the hangers are not all access. Second is that the halls near medical and the brig do not have enough lights plus there are no lights in the sec office on the south corridor and there are no lights in the conference room, there are also no lights near the escape pods on the lower decks near the prep rooms.

Medical is Sweet now. Once the doors are fixed marines will no longer push each other around. Medical is far more open and space efficient now. The upper are in medical has used up that massive space next to research rather well so that saves me building a bunker there one day. I'd beg for a hydroponics area for slow medical / research rounds but I don't think we have decent amounts of code that will make that useful. On the whole I like the new medbay.
    I've not been in the brig however, for I am a good boy, but we'll let the xen- MP mains whine about that I'm sure.
    Last edited by Mann handle; 02-24-2019 at 04:42 PM.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mann handle View Post
    Medical is Sweet now. Once the doors are fixed marines will no longer push each other around. Medical is far more open and space efficient now. The upper are in medical has used up that massive space next to research rather well so that saves me building a bunker there one day. I'd beg for a hydroponics area for slow medical / research rounds but I don't think we have decent amounts of code that will make that useful. On the whole I like the new medbay.
    I really like the new Medbay. Personally, though, I feel like the large amount of unused space we have in the middle of the OTs now could be used for one or two more autodocs, which could speed up the treatment of wounded by quite a bit if medical staff use them.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the new medbay, the vertical layout of the cryotubes bothers me a bit, though i can't say quite yet if it's because they're harder to interact with individually or simply because it looks different. in any case, the medbay being more spacious is a definite plus, and having sleepers next to each operating theatre is a huge plus.

Again, there's some wasted space in the operating theatre foyer that could be filled with more autodocs or vendors. Perhaps planetside medical equipment can be shipped to the Almayer and installed in the empty spaces, so as to not disrupt the balance of marine treatment cycles too much?

Overall, however, the new medbay gets high marks.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In brig, the prisoner cells, the left column. The maint room at the bottom should be swapped for the prisoner cell at the top. That way the cells will be symmetrical and it won't be confusing which panel is connected which cell.

I like the new medbay layout a lot. Until the hangar doors are fixed we'll just get engineering to hack them open every round

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have some problems with the new medbay:

• Weird layout out front with the vending machines in the lobby. This is just a personal thing, but they look kinda strange in the middle of the room rather than up against a wall, at least to me.
    • Crew monitoring console locked behind the access-restricted doors. Before, anyone could swing by and use it.
    • No more glass beside the access-restricted doors means it's a lot harder to get inside in an emergency, since you can't break a window and climb over anymore.
    • Doors from hangar are access-restricted (this is a bug, right?)
    • Due to the redesign, medbay doors are wayyy further along the corridor than they used to be (just a preference thing, but still)

My main points of contention are the monitoring console and lack of glass beside the access doors. Both of those make it a functional downgrade for PFCs especially.