User Tag List

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: This server has become a massive hugbox

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how ya'll gonna complain about double shotguns when it's not even near as good as it was before? how about we talk about other issues like pred fracs
    Joe Dafoe, PFC/hobby Huntard hunter.
    Xenomorph FOE, disgusting runner/warrior main.
    Yautja hunter Nall'kro, clanless heathen.

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think CABAL's reaching technological singularity. I don't like it.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I'm honestly baffled with the direction of CM during the last 2 or so years. Every single element of the game has been dumbed down and reduced in favour of PFC players.
    There was no direction, just a bunch of headless developers doing their own thing without any leadership.
    Last edited by Fewher; 11-12-2021 at 05:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    damn bro lets complain about gameplay mechanics rather than the real killer of CM, its core community being killed and replaced by SJWs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a time when CM didn't cater to PFCs or casuals: https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=12080

The current iteration of CM is from the revolving door of staff and developers with no long term vision, it would have been nice back when CM was in a good spot in 2017-2018 to have just said this is good enough and left the game as is. Honestly, someone just needs to grab the 2017-18 codebase and make a legacy CM server. That way the TDM hugbox players keep the current iteration of CM and the old veterans long gone can play the CM they remember and enjoy, though I doubt all would return it would still be nice to have the option.

The CM codebase is opensource if I remember correctly, so maybe one of the old boomers left lurking on the forum could take this task upon themselves for all our sakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan10000llahd View Post
    damn bro lets complain about gameplay mechanics rather than the real killer of CM, its core community being killed and replaced by SJWs
    are you serious or memeing lmfao

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianCrow View Post
    are you serious or memeing lmfao
    where is lanche bro where are all the other 2015-2017 homies banned over saying "mean words"

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trench007 View Post
    There was a time when CM didn't cater to PFCs or casuals: https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=12080

The current iteration of CM is from the revolving door of staff and developers with no long term vision, it would have been nice back when CM was in a good spot in 2017-2018 to have just said this is good enough and left the game as is. Honestly, someone just needs to grab the 2017-18 codebase and make a legacy CM server. That way the TDM hugbox players keep the current iteration of CM and the old veterans long gone can play the CM they remember and enjoy, though I doubt all would return it would still be nice to have the option.

The CM codebase is opensource if I remember correctly, so maybe one of the old boomers left lurking on the forum could take this task upon themselves for all our sakes.
    The PFC gameplay experience has not fundamentally changed over the years. The jist of it had always remained the same - the amount of risk you're willing to take equals to the amount of potential rewards you can earn from your actions. What has changed, though, were the miriyad ways with which you could permanently remove someone from the round without them ever noticing it or having any kind of forewarning about it, after a community consensus had been reached that this is completely unfun for the person on the receiving end, nor very gratifying for the person getting the offscreen kill. This is why pylons, RPG scope removal, temporary vehicle soft-removals, weapon damage falloff overhauls and xeno ability overhauls etc. happened in the first place.

Everything else remained the same. Everyone can have the fun by "embracing the suck" e.g. not worrying about dying and enjoying the round's story unfold before you and you being a participant in it. And just like before, judging by the same forum thread you've linked, certain people have expressed concern that this sentiment could be abused by the developers to shirk maintaining the game and embrace the Bethesda mindset.

I've had many. many hundreds of hours filled with wonderful experiences and fond moments of unique, impromptu situations popping up in rounds organically and being roleplayed out, as I'm sure you and many others have as well, which has been a constant of CM since its inception, and that's something nobody could take away - except that terrible shitty people get speedy promotions through staff's pseudocorporate ladder and abuse their powers to ruin other people's enjoyement of the game, players opt to complain more and more over time instead of enjoying the game, and certain MP players thinking themselves as the glue holding the entire server together whilst they grief other people in the name of "roleplay".

And sadly no, older versions of CM codebase are not opensource, you'd have to posess a leaked or stolen version of an older CM codebase's repository if you'd want to create a new CM server based on it. There's always one around, though, but all attempts suffered from the same issue of having no identity besides being a dump server where CM's many permabanned players go to air their grievances and start petty drama. Much like what TGMC was for a certain duration of its existence- (unsure if that's still the case now because I don't play there)
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember the thread is about how PFCs are becoming too strong at the cost of other departments and squad members. RP is an whole other issue.

I will be blunt the issue comes two-fold, people hate getting perma killed or similar without any response back yet without it you lack any ability to cause any real damage. I think we just need more respawns for both sides to give more leeway on dying, people might cry making death cheap sucks but the current system leaves people all as strong as some main character in a crappy movie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    And sadly no, older versions of CM codebase are not opensource, you'd have to posess a leaked or stolen version of an older CM codebase's repository if you'd want to create a new CM server based on it. There's always one around, though, but all attempts suffered from the same issue of having no identity besides being a dump server where CM's many permabanned players go to air their grievances and start petty drama. Much like what TGMC was for a certain duration of its existence- (unsure if that's still the case now because I don't play there)
    That's unfortunate, also "embrace the suck" doesn't really work with the current community culture, round lengths, or state of non-combat roles as there's not much meat left to CM besides the TDM aspect.