Your Byond ID?
    Enukar

Your Character Name?
    John Stitz

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Renomaki

Accused Character Name
    Reno 'Weenie' Story

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    26/02 4 PM

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 14

Description of the incident:
    I was in briefing, messing with a training nade. Not throwing it or anything, just activating it on my hand. Captain walked up to me and killed me.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Logs went like crazy after i died, no chance to get back to when that happened.

How you would punish the accused:
    Kill him during briefing every time he does something dumb and slightly annoying.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Round is still in progress. Please don't post reports until it's over.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Council is currently talking about this but we'll wait until we see some logs, Otherwise anyone who saw anything or was a DIRECT WITNESS please come forward. Anyone shitposting will find Solarmare knocking at their door.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, the round has since ended since this post as put up, so now it is time to tend to it and explain things from my shoes.

When this incident took place, Briefing had begun. I had informed the men to settle down and pay attention, as I normally do. However, as per the norm, there is always at least a few who refuse.

One of those marines happens to be the reporter in question, who was spamming a training grenade over and over again. He may have been playing hot potato with another marine nearby, because I swore I saw another name in the logs as well as they kept doing it time and time again. Growing annoyed with this, I requested that they stop fiddling with them and start paying attention.

They refused.

Now, let it be known that I am a bit of a pushover as a captain. I tend to let people get away with a lot of shit. I once had an SO come to a pre-briefing meeting in boxing shorts dribbling a basketball, and despite this childish display, I simply expressed my feelings of his behavior before beginning the meeting. I had marines call me names, disobey orders, shit all over me and then blame everything on me... But I always tried to be on their good side, because as a guy who plays the underling as much as the boss, I kinda understand how marines think. Plus I seen enough cruel COs to know how marines tend to behave when you attempt any sort of dictative control over them (especially if they are delta...)

However, for some reason, I just couldn't take it anymore. I was tired of being ignored, disrespected, mocked, etc. I decided that, instead of being a chump who lets marines walk all over him, I was going to man up, grabbed my revolver, and slowly approached the offender in question. I had hoped that putting a bullet in the back of his head would put marines back in line, as well as teach the offender what happens when you ignore orders from the highest ranking officer on the ship. I wanted marines to fear me for once, to shut up and sit down when I tell them to and to BEHAVE.

It didn't turn out very good, as you can tell.

Mind you, I haven't BEed anyone in what felt like AGES, and the reason for that is because I knew what normally happens when you BE someone: instead of putting them back in line, they just start a riot in defiance. BEs don't solve anything, and today I was reminded of that as the marines started up a fuss, a staff member PMed me criticizing me, and a random MP decided to arrest me without even bothering to contact high command first simply because I had committed murder, which was later confirmed by high command themselves when I personally wrote a fax to them.

The bright side to all this was that I had some decent RP, but other than that, it was a mess, and I regretted losing my focus and blowing someone's brains out for being a disturbance in briefing.

I only hope I don't end up losing my right to command, however... I can accept a temporary punishment, but it would be heart breaking to lose a role that, while I don't play it often, when I do play I play it with passion and a desire to be the leader marines need, even if most of the time they just roll their eyes at me and treat me like a cuck...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    Round is still in progress. Please don't post reports until it's over.

I wasn't aware that was a thing, sorry. The admin just told me to report it in the forums.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't witness the execution.

I will say that my whole Military Police department was completely occupied, myself included during briefing with arrests, shitty prisoner behaviour and being at a disadvantage due to the pretty heavy MP nerfs.

I believe of a 4 man MP department, not one of us was able to attend briefing. And that is with some robust MPs like Alan Jones online.

So take that in to the situation as you will.

Regarding Renos character, he's probably one of the better Captains out there and very rarely slips up rule wise.
    Last edited by solidfury7; 02-27-2019 at 12:19 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be posting logs shortly.
    EDIT:
    Logs of Renomaki briefing the troops and the training nade shenanigans being started. It then leads to the BE
    Spoiler Spoiler:

When Renomaki was first apprehended by a MP the MP did not fax HC to acquire a warrant so this was dealt OOC wise from a moderator.
    A member of the CO council also did talk with Renomaki about the BE in pm's if the council requests these logs as well I'll be posting those.
    Last edited by Audi_Gzz; 02-27-2019 at 01:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why does my name always turn up in co reports when I didn't even do it oh god oh fuck

I was present for this. It was pretty shitty behaviour from Reno to do this, reflected in the removal from Command and the creation of this report. I pressured for the arrest of the CO and cooled Bravo SL off when he was going for a mutiny, because nobody wants that so early. It's not the kind of behaviour a whitelisted player should be exhibiting, but I say that a lot.

However, Reno is one of the few COs who actively works as a role model for other players, does their job instead of goofing off, doesn't gimmick and doesn't bait. I think this is the first BE I've ever seen from Reno in general.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw the incident in question albeit a bit loosely as I wasn�t paying 100% attention.

I believe I was in Charlie squad sitting around waiting for briefing to start when there were sounds of nades going off constantly. I think there was a smoke grenade but I�m not 100% sure if one did go off. Though the commander told alpha to settle down before he went over and BE�d him, it was a bit surprising as what the marine was doing wasn�t that much worse than most briefings where marines screw around and keep talking.

Personally when I heard the shot go off I just ran away to my prep cuz I personally don�t wanna deal with BE�s and mutinies, which I honestly expected one. I do remember the CO saying something about trying to get marines to respect his authority on the ship. (But that may have been a Charlie marine repeating it)

After that the CO turned himself in and waited in a prison cell. (Later confirmed as I was dead and went to see what went on with him.)

Overall the BE was an odd one and I�ll leave my view of it out of it as much as I can and say that the marine could have been handled differently when all I saw the marine doing was screwing around during briefing.
    Last edited by Aceluke; 02-27-2019 at 05:35 PM.
    Characters
    Alex Rossfield - Marine Roles
    Luke Diamond - Captain
    Lukas - Synthetic
    Alex Rossfield
    CM History
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know... Looking at the logs, It makes me wonder... Why DID the reporter in question not respond to the order to cease, anyways?

After all, the logs DID show that I had given an order, yet they kept going against it. Even if staff say that it is best to personally punish VERBAL acts of defiance, what about silent acts of defiance? Like, what was going through his head at the time when he was doing it. Why was he doing it? And why wouldn't he stop?

Would probably help the case a bit one way or another to get a clearer picture, since that has been bothering me lately.